Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition

Gearbox Software announces the availability of the Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition, offering their role-playing first-person shooter along with all its first Season Pass content as well as the two additional player classes, and more. Here's the deal:

The Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition gives players the ability to take each of the six playable Vault Hunters to new levels, enjoy hundreds of hours of shoot-and-loot mayhem, and play each of the four highly popular add-on campaigns, all in one action-packed bundle. The Game of the Year Edition includes:

• Borderlands 2 main game;
  • Captain Scarlett and her Pirate’s Booty;
  • Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage;
  • Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt;
  • Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep;
  • Creature Slaughter Dome;
  • Premiere Club Content:
    • Gaige, the Mechromancer Character Class;
    • Gearbox Gun Pack;
    • Golden Key;
    • Vault Hunter's Relic;
  • Krieg, the Psycho Character Class;
  • Collector’s Edition Heads and Skins;
  • Contraband Sky Rocket Grenade;
  • Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Oct 8, 2013, 15:49 Axis

ItBurn wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 15:32:
dj LiTh wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 15:11:
Its a Hellgate: London clone

<runs and hides>

I'm probably the biggest HGL fan. It's pretty far from HGL.

Borderlands:

+ Has headshots.
+ Physics are better.
+ WAY better story and quests.
+ Open world areas.
+ Much better graphics/more recent.
- Never fight more than 8-10 enemies at once.
- Interface is SH*T
- Costs a lot of money to get all the DLC.

Hellgate:

+ WAY better loot system. (Best Diablo-style system ever IMO)
+ WAY more complex/solid skill trees/advancement/class system. (Best Diablo-style system ever IMO)
+ All areas are randomized/more replayability.
+ Mature game.
+ Rooms can be filled with hundreds of enemies.
+ Completely free.

Basically, BL is the casual version of the Diablo+FPS and HGL is the hardcore version. I do like both games. I want more FPS/RPG hybrids!

This is spot on, can't add much except I'd love to see something more akin to the tree spec for customization PoE has, and I'm waiting for something like Borderlands Online since I don't play Hellgae Global any longer.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Oct 8, 2013, 15:32 ItBurn

dj LiTh wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 15:11:

<runs and hides>

I'm probably the biggest HGL fan. It's pretty far from HGL.

Borderlands:

+ Has headshots.
+ Physics are better.
+ WAY better story and quests.
+ Open world areas.
+ Much better graphics/more recent.
- Never fight more than 8-10 enemies at once.
- Interface is SH*T
- Costs a lot of money to get all the DLC.

Hellgate:

+ WAY better loot system. (Best Diablo-style system ever IMO)
+ WAY more complex/solid skill trees/advancement/class system. (Best Diablo-style system ever IMO)
+ All areas are randomized/more replayability.
+ Mature game.
+ Rooms can be filled with hundreds of enemies.
+ Completely free.

Basically, BL is the casual version of the Diablo+FPS and HGL is the hardcore version. I do like both games. I want more FPS/RPG hybrids!

This comment was edited on Oct 8, 2013, 15:41.

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Oct 8, 2013, 15:11 dj LiTh

<runs and hides>

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Oct 8, 2013, 15:03 jdreyer

Zanderat1 wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 12:08:
Never played BL games. Seems like consolised Fallout clones. Or is there more to them than that?

Yeah, the RPG elements are a lot lighter than Fallout. It's a cartoon FPS with Diabloesqe RPG elements and randon gen'd loots. I'm waiting for GoTY edition to go on sale before I pick this up, but I've put 150 hours into the original. I had a ton of fun with it.

"phew. Was going to have nin get out of the van and go knock on the door...." - Bats

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Oct 8, 2013, 14:09 El Pit

It's better than the Mass Effect 2 & 3 GOTY editions - which don't exist.  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Oct 8, 2013, 12:49 Verno

If you like Borderlands I'm sure it's a good value, personally the formula has worn thin on me due to the lack of evolution of its systems and overall repetition. They did a decent job on the PC version this time, terrible inventory notwithstanding. My biggest complaint was the content reuse in everything from mobs to even character abilities. Maybe they can do better in the future when memory is less of a concern for consoles but who knows. I don't really foresee myself revisiting these games again, I think I've had my fill.  

Playing: Far Cry 4, Prison Architect, DriveClub
Watching: Tusk, The Equalizer, The Homesman

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Oct 8, 2013, 12:35 ItBurn

nin wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 12:11:
Never played BL games. Seems like consolised Fallout clones. Or is there more to them than that?

Closer to Diablo.

Yeah, has nothing to do with Fallout! It's a light diablo with light fps gameplay that feels almost like a mmo, but not quite.

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Oct 8, 2013, 12:18 jacobvandy

Whine, cry, blah blah blah... The first Borderlands had exactly 4 $10 DLCs, planned out from the start, and so when the GOTY edition came out a year later, it had everything because there wasn't much to be had. They've added a lot more post-release content for the sequel, so even now without the second season of stuff, it's more value packed in to that standard price than before. And you're gonna bitch about an optional $5 add-on that normally takes 80+ hours of play to become useful anyway? If you don't have the game yet, you're obviously not very interested, so wait a little longer for this package to go on sale. And if you have OCD and just need so badly to own every little DLC in one big discounted package, you can wait a little longer still. They're not done with it yet.  

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Oct 8, 2013, 12:11 nin

Closer to Diablo.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Oct 8, 2013, 12:08 Zanderat1

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Oct 8, 2013, 11:16 Satsu

ItBurn wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 11:01:
So it does NOT contain all the released DLC for the game. I mean by that the Vault hunter upgrade pack 2. I think it's a shit move on their part.
+1 to that.

I've already bought some of the DLC, I think the first Vault Hunter pack, and one of the players. I probably won't be buying much more until the rest is dirt cheap. It's a good game and has a lot of content but I don't like to be nickle and dimed so much. Borderlands 1's GOTY pack was good since it had everything, this one, not so much.

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Oct 8, 2013, 11:15 El Pit

ItBurn wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 11:01:
So it does NOT contain all the released DLC for the game. I mean by that the Vault hunter upgrade pack 2. I think it's a shit move on their part.

It contains the base game, the Collector's Edition stuff, the complete Season Pass, but not the new stuff. You do know that they will add even more stuff which will also not be included because it isn't done yet? Still, depending on the price, this could be a great deal for all those who haven't bought BL2 yet.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Oct 8, 2013, 11:13 nin

Can't say I'm surprised. They've been all about nickel and diming since release.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Oct 8, 2013, 11:01 ItBurn

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo