Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Sleeping Dogs Follow-up Triad Wars Announced

United Front Games announces they are not letting Sleeping Dogs lie, as they have plans for a follow on called Triad Wars, though all they are revealing right now is a 2014 release window (thanks nin via Shacknews). Here's word:

Hi everyone! We’ve been a bit tight-lipped about our current projects over here at UFG, but we’re finally able to give you a little something.

So, we’re making a new game! We can’t say a lot about it right now, but you might have read about a trademark registration for something called Triad Wars? Well, we’re super-excited that it’s another game based in the Sleeping Dogs universe, it’s something we’ve wanted to do for ages, and we’re very happy to be working with Square Enix again… but that’s all we can give you for the time being – we’ll have more information about what the game’s going to be in 2014.

As always, we love to hear your thoughts and appreciate your shared interest in the games we make – although to reiterate, we really can’t share any more details until 2014 (despite your best efforts to get them, you sneaky people!)

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. No subject Oct 8, 2013, 19:35 ChaosEngine

This must be a first on Blue's. A sequel announcement for a game and everyone responds positively!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Sleeping Dogs Follow-up Triad Wars Announced Oct 8, 2013, 11:48 Creston

Jerykk wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 00:55:
Creston wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 23:25:
Jerykk wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 23:24:
Pretty sure this is going to be a mobile spinoff, just like Deus Ex: The Fall.

Does SE do ANY mobile at all?

Yes, Deus Ex: The Fall was an iPad game. SE is pretty risk averse at the moment, given how much money they've lost over the past few years. I expect them to keep pumping out more mobile spinoffs since they are low risk. It's also the reason why the next LoK game will be a F2P multiplayer shooter instead of a proper single-player action adventure.

22. Re: Sleeping Dogs Follow-up Triad Wars Announced Oct 8, 2013, 09:24 JoeNapalm

Awesome news!

I love Sleeping Dogs. One of my all time favorites. They got almost every aspect of this game right, aside from some minor port issues.

If this turns out to be an iPad game...no. Just, no.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

21. Re: Sleeping Dogs Follow-up Triad Wars Announced Oct 8, 2013, 08:55 Verno

Fantastic game, definitely the sleeper of last year. Looking forward to any follow up.  

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

20. Re: Sleeping Dogs Follow-up Triad Wars Announced Oct 8, 2013, 08:50 gilly775

Rumor that this could be MP and/or persistent online world. I hope not

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=693001

19. Re: Sleeping Dogs Follow-up Triad Wars Announced Oct 8, 2013, 08:05 Rhino

El Pit wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 02:34:
Still waiting for a paid dlc that lets you remap WASD to the arrow keys. Yeah, I know, my personal problem, but I love my arrow keys instead of WASD. And remapping keys shouldn't be a problem with a PC (!) game.

That one killed me, as well. I've only ever used the arrow keys, so having to be forced into WASD where the key bindings menu was concerned was a no go as it was too great an adjustment just for a single game. I did eventually pick up (and love) the game after I bought a gamepad; I just wish that I could have done so sooner.

Like you, I know that it's my own issue; I was just surprised by the lack of a remap option.

18. Re: Sleeping Dogs Follow-up Triad Wars Announced Oct 8, 2013, 02:34 El Pit

Still waiting for a paid dlc that lets you remap WASD to the arrow keys. Yeah, I know, my personal problem, but I love my arrow keys instead of WASD. And remapping keys shouldn't be a problem with a PC (!) game.  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

17. Re: Sleeping Dogs Follow-up Triad Wars Announced Oct 8, 2013, 02:11 Flatline

Not only does SE do mobile, they charge premium dollars for it.

But Sleeping Dogs was one of the surprise fun hits of PC gaming in recent memory. I just regret that some of the storylines they started went nowhere (the rap star & a few others).

16. Re: Sleeping Dogs Follow-up Triad Wars Announced Oct 8, 2013, 01:31 Rattlehead

Sleeping Dogs was fun, though I would be mad if I paid full price for it, thank god SE games are almost always on sale.  

15. Re: Sleeping Dogs Follow-up Triad Wars Announced Oct 8, 2013, 00:55 Jerykk

Yes, Deus Ex: The Fall was an iPad game. SE is pretty risk averse at the moment, given how much money they've lost over the past few years. I expect them to keep pumping out more mobile spinoffs since they are low risk. It's also the reason why the next LoK game will be a F2P multiplayer shooter instead of a proper single-player action adventure.

14. Re: Sleeping Dogs Follow-up Triad Wars Announced Oct 7, 2013, 23:25 Creston

13. Re: Sleeping Dogs Follow-up Triad Wars Announced Oct 7, 2013, 23:25 Creston

nin wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 22:50:
Creston wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 22:45:
Also, Wei Shen is one of the coolest motherfuckers ever. Probably the best character I've ever played in an open world game.

I'm curious how it will tie into the original. Will we play as Wei again? Will he make an appearance?

It'd be hard to play as Wei again, since the Triads know he's a cop, but he's being left alone by order of whatshername. But I'd love to go back as Wei Shen. It's awesome to be a grade A bad-ass.

12. Re: Sleeping Dogs Follow-up Triad Wars Announced Oct 7, 2013, 23:24 Jerykk

11. Re: Sleeping Dogs Follow-up Triad Wars Announced Oct 7, 2013, 23:16 walrus1

YAY! it was a great game certainly deserves a follow up!  

10. Re: Sleeping Dogs Follow-up Triad Wars Announced Oct 7, 2013, 23:03 ItBurn

Yeah, same here, sleeping dogs was great. Crazy effort that came out of nowhere. Once again though, the DLC completely unbalanced the game.  

9. Re: Sleeping Dogs Follow-up Triad Wars Announced Oct 7, 2013, 22:50 nin

Creston wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 22:45:
Also, Wei Shen is one of the coolest motherfuckers ever. Probably the best character I've ever played in an open world game.

I thought he was a good character as well. It felt easy to identify with him.

I'm curious how it will tie into the original. Will we play as Wei again? Will he make an appearance?

Dammit, all the reminiscing/love in this thread makes me want to go play it again...too many games, not enough time!!!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

8. Re: Sleeping Dogs Follow-up Triad Wars Announced Oct 7, 2013, 22:45 Creston

7. Re: Sleeping Dogs Follow-up Triad Wars Announced Oct 7, 2013, 22:37 Dagnamit

Sleeping Dogs 2: Rise of the Triad 3.  

6. Re: Sleeping Dogs Follow-up Triad Wars Announced Oct 7, 2013, 22:36 dj LiTh

More Sleeping Dogs is always a good thing! Excellent game that i enjoyed quite a bit  

5. Re: Sleeping Dogs Follow-up Triad Wars Announced Oct 7, 2013, 22:06 Creston

Sleeping Dogs was a really, REALLY fun game, and it's great to see a follow-up.

If you like GTA style games, definitely pick this up on sale, it's absolutely worth it.

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo