Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here are the 10 bestselling games on Steam from last week:

1. BioShock Infinite
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. XCOM: Enemy Within
  4. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  5. Terraria
  6. FINAL FANTASY VII
  7. Total War: ROME II
  8. PAYDAY 2
  9. Civilization V Brave New World
  10. Castle Story

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 8, 2013, 09:21 Verno

Xero wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 16:48:
I gave into FF7 even though I still own my disc copies and original Eidos funny shaped box, lol. I couldn't help the 5 buck price. Upon firing it up, aside from the eye puke graphics, I couldn't help but feel at ease with the story and combat system immediately. But a warning, the Cloud based saving feature does not seem to work...

People are really better off just using an emulator for FF7, you will get better graphics anyway and have all sorts of great features like save states and whatnot. The Square Windows release of FF7 is a crime.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 7, 2013, 22:06 Slashman

Creston wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 10:53:
Slashman wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 09:00:
Wow. Still no Shadow Warrior up there. I am really disappointed and kinda surprised. I guess they didn't give it enough publicity...

It's a great game though.

I'm sure it is, but I'm not spending 40 bucks on it.

Why would you have to?

I got two -10% coupons dropped in my Steam inventory for it and along with the -15% preorder discount, I didn't spend $40 on it either.

29. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 7, 2013, 19:06 cronik

Skyrim fails to make top 10, what is the world coming to?!  

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 7, 2013, 16:48 Xero

I gave into FF7 even though I still own my disc copies and original Eidos funny shaped box, lol. I couldn't help the 5 buck price. Upon firing it up, aside from the eye puke graphics, I couldn't help but feel at ease with the story and combat system immediately. But a warning, the Cloud based saving feature does not seem to work...  

Currently playing: Skyrim

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 7, 2013, 10:53 Creston

Slashman wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 09:00:
Wow. Still no Shadow Warrior up there. I am really disappointed and kinda surprised. I guess they didn't give it enough publicity...

I'm sure it is, but I'm not spending 40 bucks on it.

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 7, 2013, 09:00 Slashman

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 7, 2013, 08:51 Verno

NKD wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 17:37:
Been pondering putting up a Terraria dedicated server. But the problem with terraria is that you have to farm worlds, which means multiple servers or restarting it etc.

I tried throwing up a basic server on the free Amazon hosting tier, major problems with ram. I ended up just hosting a couple local servers and I think I'll put a dedicated one up on my file server tonight. The end game hard mode stuff is still nonexistent in 1.2 which is disappointing.

The real problem with multiplayer Terraria is related to world gen. Large worlds don't truly have a lot in them, just tons of space. Great if you have tons of players but you still burn through the content quickly. It's also annoying that he put randomization into the world gen process so you end up with players who want you to remake worlds to get pyramids and other silliness. I haven't figured out how to transplant buildings from one world to another yet so remaking all of the NPC houses is very annoying due to all of the 1.2 additions, I think there is something like 15+ NPCs now.

Anyways it was a good patch and I wish every game would get that level of support but its still missing some QOL improvements.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 7, 2013, 07:29 Mad Max RW

Jerykk wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 23:53:
Slashman wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 23:14:
Jerykk wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 22:00:
Prez wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 20:38:
... It's more XCOM; what could possibly go wrong?

Goddammit! Why did you have to go and do that? No you jinxed it!

You know why Duke Nukem FOrever turned out disappointing don't you? Before it shipped someone said "It's more Duke Nukem; what could possibly go wrong?"

Eh, after ten+ years of hype, I think any game would turn out disappointing. DNF wasn't great but it's not nearly as bad as everyone claims. It was a 7/10.

Isn't that a bit generous? I have a friend who played it. He was a fan of the original. Thought it was maybe 5.5 - 6.

Was it really that enjoyable?

It was decent enough. The biggest complaints against the game were the platforming segments. But then, the Half-Life games had lots of platforming too. Die-hard Duke fans were disappointed that the levels were more linear and scripted than the levels in D3D and that's a valid complaint, but again, the levels in the HL games are linear and scripted too. To me, DNF felt like a weaker version of HL2. That doesn't make it a terrible game. If you enjoyed HL2 and didn't buy into ten years of hype, you'd probably enjoy DNF.

So basically, instead of being a sequel to Duke 3D it tried to be Half Life and failed miserably.

23. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 7, 2013, 01:25 Dev

I did that too for someone who had it on their wishlist.

My biggest problem is most of the games that go on sale, people already own them yet or don't bother to put things on their wishlist. So many of my friends have blank wishlists or only like 4 items, that are all $50 each.

If you have an interest in a game, add it to your wishlist! Who knows, someone might end up getting it for you

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 7, 2013, 00:45 TheWeaponeer

Couldn't pass up Infinite for 13 bucks.

That was a good deal for BioShock Infinite. I had a friend who did not have this and had it listed on his "WANT!" list, so I went and gifted it to him and did not tell him. Later on yesterday I get this message thanking me and promising me to catch me back. He was busy and would have missed it at that price otherwise. I just did because he was a good friend who REALLY wanted this game.*

*But you are on your own for the season pass mate heh.

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 7, 2013, 00:00 Dev

Ceribaen wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 21:27:
Creston wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 14:25:

Steam didn't email me that it was on sale and I missed it!
Oh well I'm sure come Christmas time it'll hit that price again, plus I have about 100 other things I'll play before I get to it.
That's why I check the steam page almost every day. Also, if you use www.isthereanydeal.com its got a great way to sync with your steam wishlist and then notify you when things are on sale. I have it set to email me once a day with all the sales, but its hugely configurable on frequency and what kinda sales it emails you.
Plus, THAT ENHANCED STEAM CHROME PLUGIN! THAT is what steam should be like. FAR FAR easier to tell what games and DLC I already own. Previously I had to add all DLC to my cart to see WTF I owned, and that was a huge pain if a game had 20 DLC. And it tells if I or someone else has things wishlisted, etc.

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2013, 23:53 Jerykk

Slashman wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 23:14:

You know why Duke Nukem FOrever turned out disappointing don't you? Before it shipped someone said "It's more Duke Nukem; what could possibly go wrong?"

Eh, after ten+ years of hype, I think any game would turn out disappointing. DNF wasn't great but it's not nearly as bad as everyone claims. It was a 7/10.

Isn't that a bit generous? I have a friend who played it. He was a fan of the original. Thought it was maybe 5.5 - 6.

It was decent enough. The biggest complaints against the game were the platforming segments. But then, the Half-Life games had lots of platforming too. Die-hard Duke fans were disappointed that the levels were more linear and scripted than the levels in D3D and that's a valid complaint, but again, the levels in the HL games are linear and scripted too. To me, DNF felt like a weaker version of HL2. That doesn't make it a terrible game. If you enjoyed HL2 and didn't buy into ten years of hype, you'd probably enjoy DNF.

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2013, 23:14 Slashman

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2013, 22:00 Jerykk

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2013, 21:27 Ceribaen

Creston wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 14:25:

Steam didn't email me that it was on sale and I missed it!
Oh well I'm sure come Christmas time it'll hit that price again, plus I have about 100 other things I'll play before I get to it.

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2013, 20:38 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2013, 19:41 dj LiTh

Wolfox wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 15:13:
Dev wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 14:55:
Wash Washburne wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 14:31:
XCOM: Enemy Within for $29.99....no thank you. Greedy price hiking makes me sad a little inside.
If its a full sized expansion like it claims, $30 isn't bad, that's the normal price of an expansion to a $50 game.
(...)
Now blizzard charging $40 for their SC2 expansion seems a bit much to me.

FYI, XCOM: Enemy Within is priced at $40 outside North America. Don't ask me why.

26.99 euros in Germany on steam. I picked it up for 26.99 dollars though from gmg and a 6$ gmg credit (have u.s. billing info)

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2013, 19:19 Dev

peteham wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 18:26:
25% off with one of those weekend coupons I've been getting mailed to me once a week lately.
I don't get those, I wonder how I can start? lol

Unless you mean the ones on their blog. For contractual reasons they sometimes don't work on USA versions of certain games like x-com, are you outside the USA?

This comment was edited on Oct 6, 2013, 19:37.

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2013, 18:26 peteham

Pre-ordered Enemy Within from GMG. 10% off to start with, and 25% off with one of those weekend coupons I've been getting mailed to me once a week lately.

Can't wait! Probably my favorite game of last year. Even breaking my NO PREORDERS-policy. It's more XCOM; what could possibly go wrong?

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2013, 17:37 NKD

Been pondering putting up a Terraria dedicated server. But the problem with terraria is that you have to farm worlds, which means multiple servers or restarting it etc.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo