Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preorders

Beamdog, Atari, and Overhaul Games announce pre-purchases are now underway for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition for Windows and OS X, paving the way for the release of the RPG remake on November 15th, 2013, with the inclusion of Atari in the announcement providing some reassurance there will not be a repeat of the contract issues surrounding the release of the first Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition. Here's a semi-recent gameplay trailer, and here's word:

The original Baldur’s Gate II: Shadows of Amn, launched in September 2000, and became the most celebrated Dungeons & Dragons fantasy roleplaying video game of its time. On November 15th, gamers new and old can experience the epic continuation and conclusion of the Bhaalspawn Saga with full HD resolution support and area art remastered from the original renders.

Set in the iconic Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms universe from Wizards of the Coast, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition includes the adventures Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal. In addition to the improved graphics and gameplay, the Enhanced Edition bundles four new allies for your party, each with their own unique quests. Also bundled in the Enhanced Edition is The Black Pits 2: Gladiators of Thay, an arena challenge that puts players’ tactical skills to the ultimate test.

“We are thrilled that our partners at Beamdog have confirmed a date for the rerelease of what many people consider one of the greatest RPGs ever on PC, (Baldur’s Gate II),” said Nathan Stewart, Brand Director for D&D at Wizards of the Coast. “As we continue to expand our world-class storytelling on digital platforms, it is great to bring this classic to new devices and share the rich fantasy of D&D with new fans.”

Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition for PC and Mac can be pre-loaded through either the Beamdog client or an upcoming stand-alone installer. Pre-loading the game allows players to access Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition immediately after its release on November 15th, 2013.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preorders Oct 3, 2013, 19:54 Fletch

AKA, Baldur's Gate II: Tiny Guys Edition  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preorders Oct 3, 2013, 18:42 Hyatus

I think it's less WotC and more Hasbro that sucks.  

12. Re: Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preorders Oct 3, 2013, 18:14 Julio

Cutter wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 16:06:
WOTC sucks. I really wish someone would but all those old TSR properties and do something with them.

Agreed. Constant mismanaging of the D&D cash cow.

11. Re: Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preorders Oct 3, 2013, 16:56 Cram

PHJF wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 16:35:
How the fuck does one "enhance" a perfect game.

Fair question. At least with the first EE, they did all the modding for you to get BG1 using the BG2 engine and fix a couple major bugs (while making new ones). What is there to enhance in BG2?

10. Re: Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preorders Oct 3, 2013, 16:35 PHJF

How the fuck does one "enhance" a perfect game.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

9. Re: Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preorders Oct 3, 2013, 16:06 Cutter

WOTC sucks. I really wish someone would but all those old TSR properties and do something with them.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

8. Re: Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preorders Oct 3, 2013, 15:40 Angrius Maximis

Wait what? I thought this was out already  

7. Re: Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preorders Oct 3, 2013, 15:34 Optional Nickname!

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 13:50:
Creston wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 12:04:
Optional Nickname! wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 11:38:
Nathan Stewart, Brand Director for D&D at Wizards of the Coast. “As we continue to expand our world-class storytelling on digital platforms, it is great to bring this classic to new devices and share the rich fantasy of D&D with new fans.”

Is this the same Wizards of the Coast Brand Director who refused the licensing of the Planescape milieu to the Project: Eternity group?

? I was under the impression project eternity was always going to be their own IP. Are you thinking of inXile's Torment project that switched to Numenera because they couldn't get Planescape?

Indeed, Project Eternity was always going to be a unique fantasy world with new concepts. (Remembering that because it's why I supported the Eternity KS)

Yes, Monte Cook and Numenera Torment were likely more directly stopped from making a sequel in the same Planescape Setting.

However, Baldur's Gate 3 would have been set in Faerûn which is a Forgotten Realms setting, so any chance P:E had of being Baldur's Gate 3 (or 4) was also stopped by WotC/Hasbro.

Fascinatingly, the My Little Ponies crowd now has the final say over D&D licensing and already has had direct, negative impact on the growth of PC RPG development, partly due to mismanagement of their D&D licensing.

6. Re: Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preorders Oct 3, 2013, 13:50 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 12:04:
Nathan Stewart, Brand Director for D&D at Wizards of the Coast. “As we continue to expand our world-class storytelling on digital platforms, it is great to bring this classic to new devices and share the rich fantasy of D&D with new fans.”

Is this the same Wizards of the Coast Brand Director who refused the licensing of the Planescape milieu to the Project: Eternity group?

? I was under the impression project eternity was always going to be their own IP. Are you thinking of inXile's Torment project that switched to Numenera because they couldn't get Planescape?

Indeed, Project Eternity was always going to be a unique fantasy world with new concepts. (Remembering that because it's why I supported the Eternity KS)

5. Re: Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preorders Oct 3, 2013, 12:38 HorrorScope

I still haven't been satisfied with their first effort, nor is it finished and they acknowledge that. So there is no chance I can buy either until MP is completed and out of beta.  

4. Re: Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preorders Oct 3, 2013, 12:04 Creston

3. Re: Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preorders Oct 3, 2013, 12:00 Yakubs

Yes, spend money now to pre-order a game that already exists for cheaper and where you can already get mods which accomplish all of the same goals. Sounds logical.  

2. Re: Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preorders Oct 3, 2013, 11:43 nin

Honestly, I'm happy they're not tied to the old IP, and can do whatever they want in the new setting.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preorders Oct 3, 2013, 11:38 Optional Nickname!

Preventing the self-same people who made Planescape profitable and hep, profit and hep, thusly the Forgotten Realms shall be forgotten. - So sayeth the wise OptionalNicknamo

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo