Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Will Happen, Eventually

DICE creative director Lars Gustavsson confirmed plans for a third game in the Battlefield: Bad Company series at a recent Battlefield 4 event, reports Polygon. As he explains, however, this is more of a long-term plan than anything that will happen any time soon. "I want to see it again. Whether it can happen [right] now with the newly announced Mirrors Edge 2 and Star Wars: Battlefront... but we'll see," he explains. "But trust me, the Bad Company [team] isn't forgotten, they are just on a very long vacation. So they are out there, they're coming back."

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Will Happen, Eventually Oct 4, 2013, 05:03 Julio

I'm in no rush, DICE can take another decade or two on this one.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Will Happen, Eventually Oct 3, 2013, 19:27 Rea1One

Bad Company and Bad Company 2 has a great single player campaign and would like more of that rather then crappy BF3 single player campaign.

Also hopefully we will a Battlefield 2143 eventually as well with finally a single player campaign.

This comment was edited on Oct 3, 2013, 19:37.

18. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Will Happen, Eventually Oct 3, 2013, 19:25 entr0py

They have never made a single player component for a battlefield game that shouldn't be scrapped. Which is fine, if they keep experimenting maybe at some point they'll hit on something good. But getting bogged down with the same set of wacky stereotype characters doesn't seem like a good plan.

That said, I digged BFBC2 due to the multiplayer. If that works well it salvages the experience.

17. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Will Happen, Eventually Oct 3, 2013, 18:45 FU

I thought battlefield 3 was the " evolution" of the series. Haha in my 30s and out of the loop  

16. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Will Happen, Eventually Oct 3, 2013, 16:23 Nurgel

Verno wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 10:17:
I actually preferred some of the multiplayer map design in BC2 to BF3 and the single map we've seen in the BF4 beta so far.

Gotta agree. I loved BC2 map design more than BF3's; tight and concise without too much sprawling nonsense to dilute the action. I can see the need with fast fixed wing aircraft for maps like that (a little bit at least), but they overdid it a lot. Operation Firestorm would probably be my pick for favorite map that mixes good armored and air combat along with some enclosed structures and areas for infantry action. They could have cut the big desert area on the south side out and half the mountain and it would have been okay by me.

15. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Will Happen, Eventually Oct 3, 2013, 14:33 Redmask

maleitch wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 12:36:

I dont care what they bring out cos they wont release a map editor, whats the point in playing same old maps that have been remade over and over.

Just stop. Mods are dead, most of the gaming community gave up on non-official content years ago. None of you play it.

This is beyond wrong, a whole new level of ignorance. Mods are active in a variety of games and frequently spawn commercial offerings. You might have stopped playing but millions of people play custom maps, modded games and so on.

14. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Will Happen, Eventually Oct 3, 2013, 14:12 descender

The only real reason people bought BF:BC2 was for the new Frostbite Engine at the time.

I would love to try to play the campaign some day, but the last time I tried you still couldn't change the FOV in SP.

With BF4 already on the horizon, I don't even feel like I'm missing anything by skipping BF3.

The milk's gone bad.

13. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Will Happen, Eventually Oct 3, 2013, 13:53 jdreyer

I enjoyed the BC2 SP game in the same way I enjoy a Michael Bay movie: popcorn entertainment.

I've given up hoping they'll allow mods for the BF series. I'll pick up Arma III at some point. By then, there should be plenty of mods available.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

12. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Will Happen, Eventually Oct 3, 2013, 13:47 Rattlehead

maleitch wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 12:36:

I dont care what they bring out cos they wont release a map editor, whats the point in playing same old maps that have been remade over and over.

Just stop. Mods are dead, most of the gaming community gave up on non-official content years ago. None of you play it.
You couldn't be more wrong. Do you know how many popular stand alone games have been the end result of a simple mod? No? Let me list a few.

Dota 2
Counter-Strike(all of them)
Age of Chivalry
Natural Selection 2
Day Z
Team Fortress
Project Reality
Point of Existence
Pirates Vikings and Knights 2
Insurgency
Sven

I have put many hours into all of these, and most of these have a very good active community.

11. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Will Happen, Eventually Oct 3, 2013, 13:18 Creston

I enjoyed BC2 for what it was: A game I picked up for 5 bucks.

So BC3 will eventually get picked up for 5 bucks.

10. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Will Happen, Eventually Oct 3, 2013, 12:36 maleitch

9. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Will Happen, Eventually Oct 3, 2013, 12:13 Jackplug

8. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Will Happen, Eventually Oct 3, 2013, 11:42 MajorD

Apart from the SP, is there really that much difference when playing the MP other than maps, load-outs, and other minute aspects? Me, I would gravitate towards purchasing a BF release and not even waste my time or money on BC unless there was significant enough difference to justify it; however, if people will continue to purchase both, and EA decides to stretch out the time span between each release and alternating them, then they could continue to milk both. /shrug

7. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Will Happen, Eventually Oct 3, 2013, 11:14 NegaDeath

I was hoping they combine the two series. Make Bad Company the single player storyline, make classic Battlefield the multiplayer. The single player in BF3 was shit but I actually enjoyed Bad Company 2's, it was a bit more lighthearted and humorous than usual.  

6. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Will Happen, Eventually Oct 3, 2013, 10:56 Xero

I'll be able to run Battlefield 4, eventually. But, it WILL HAPPEN.  

Currently playing: Skyrim

5. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Will Happen, Eventually Oct 3, 2013, 10:36 CJ_Parker

Yippie! Battlefield 4 reskinned, who would have thought that EA would milk the cow dry?  

4. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Will Happen, Eventually Oct 3, 2013, 10:18 SpectralMeat

I agree but I don't think people that buy the next Battlefield game buy it for the SP. They buy it for the MP and new maps. Sure they play the SP since it is there, but would those people buy the next game if there was no SP at all?
I am pretty sure they would.
Make the SP about those characters in Bad Company or the no name soldiers in the BF SP doesn't matter much imo.
It sounds more like an excuse to make a new BF game every year as opposed to every 2-3 years.
Kind of how it is with the CoD series now.

Steam: SpectralMeat

3. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Will Happen, Eventually Oct 3, 2013, 10:17 Verno

I actually preferred some of the multiplayer map design in BC2 to BF3 and the single map we've seen in the BF4 beta so far.  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

2. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Will Happen, Eventually Oct 3, 2013, 10:15 Jivaro

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 10:00:
Does anyone actually care for the single player "story" in a Battlefield game?
I thought most people buys BF for the MP.

In the literal sense, I think you are right. "Most" people do buy Battlefield games for the MP. I think the more important question however is "Do enough people play single player or care about the story to develop a Battlefield title specifically with those elements in mind?". I think the answer to that is also yes. I could be wrong obviously, but I am inclined to believe that there is more then enough people who would buy and play another Bad Company game to make it worth the cost of development from a business perspective.

1. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Will Happen, Eventually Oct 3, 2013, 10:00 SpectralMeat

Does anyone actually care for the single player "story" in a Battlefield game?
I thought most people buys BF for the MP.

Steam: SpectralMeat

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo