Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Legal Briefs

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 4, 2013, 00:05 SlimRam

I can understand where this is coming from, I mean, considering alot of game maps end up covered in blood....I guess they just see it as being, oh I dunno, wasteful  

I saw a hearse driving in the carpool lane the other day and I thought to myself, "That's cheating"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 3, 2013, 19:01 HorrorScope

In games I'm the equivalent of an NSA member. Above the law, typically a hero... who kills more singularly than an entire army, kills without prejudice, kills without question the first person who asks me to kill someone, so don't lollygag, get your mission in to me ASAP! Someone else maybe telling me to off you first.

Judge, jury... executioner. As said, above the law.

Now what pissed me off as I save another village of lame asses, they make me have to buy their wares. BS!!!

15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 3, 2013, 18:16 Julio

I guess after giving lots of innocent people HIV, the Red Cross is working on screwing up again.  

14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 3, 2013, 17:50 nailzs

OMG! Don't tell the Red Cross about Quake Live!  

13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 3, 2013, 16:43 Redmask

Duke Nukem better get a lawyer before they cart him off to The Hague.  

12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 3, 2013, 16:32 Cutter

Among cries of censorship, the Red Cross has emphasized it doesn’t want to impede gameplay or story. “We’re not trying to make games boring or preachy. We just want games to respect the basic rules of armed conflict and include penalties for gamers who commit war crimes,” Barrett said.

Who gets tried for war crimes anymore? Hell the US won't even permit its soldiers and contractors to even be charged with a crime of any kind. They can - and do - do whatever the fuck they want with zero repercussions. Why the hell do you think Manning is going to prison?

Nope, after 9/11 I never have and never will give dime one to the Red Cross again.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 3, 2013, 15:19 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 14:58:
I feel bad for that Lavabit guy, shutting down his entire business rather than give the gov't carte blanche.
Says something about the FBI in general. If they can force a private company to try and do this, it means that nearly all SSL certificates aren't worth anything.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 3, 2013, 14:58 jdreyer

I feel bad for that Lavabit guy, shutting down his entire business rather than give the gov't carte blanche.  

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 3, 2013, 14:15 jdreyer

Actually, I think the Red Cross might be on to something. Although the vast majority of war crimes go unpunished, it could be an interesting gameplay mechanic. You could design your game to have some limit of civilians killed or some way of killing civilians (say they're unarmed and surrendered) that would have you tried at the end of the game for war crimes (I'm thinking of some single player game here like Bad Company 2 or Medal of Honor).  

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 3, 2013, 13:41 Mashiki Amiketo

Gee there Red Cross, most gamers not only have plenty of disposable income, but regularly donate to worthy causes. I guess they really want to tick people off so their donation pool dry's up.  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 3, 2013, 11:57 Pigeon

Hehe, that was my first thought.
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 10:19:
If it's realism they're going for, then maybe only the losers should be tried for their crimes

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 3, 2013, 11:25 mch

Keeping this in mind for my next Humble Bundle purchase. I think I normally distribute it towards Childs Play anyhow.  
PSN: CaseDesignate

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 3, 2013, 11:08 Ashley

News from the future?
"Thanks to [INSERT DIGITAL DISTRIBUTOR HERE] cooperative sharing of data with the Red Cross, I am now facing the consequences of my actions in New Vegas."

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 3, 2013, 11:03 Quboid

Looks like they've been taking PR advice from PETA.

The only time I ever hear of the American Red Cross is when they're messing things up. They're separate from other Red Cross organisations (although associated) who I never hear a bad thing about.

- Quboid

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 3, 2013, 11:00 Longswd

The Red Cross also tried to force devs to remove the red cross from video games, such as appearing on medic armbands etc..

They apparently have a real hard-on for video games. Guess who won't be receiving any more donations come the next disaster.

I don't always drink carbonated Mexican rat piss, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 3, 2013, 10:19 Wowbagger_TIP

If it's realism they're going for, then maybe only the losers should be tried for their crimes. Don't worry guys, you'll respawn in like 20 years  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 3, 2013, 10:15 ldonyo

The Red Cross should stick to what they do best and leave video games to the people that do them best.  

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo