Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed

A post to the Eidos Montreal blog has a post about what they are up to that includes plans for Deus Ex Universe, an "ongoing, expanding and connected game world built across a generation of core games" as well as a new Deus Ex game coming to Windows and consoles. They include a piece of concept art and this write-up from David Anfossi:

The concept behind Deus Ex: Universe is to create an ongoing, expanding and connected game world built across a generation of core games. Itís a commitment on our part to deliver meaningful content that expands the franchise on a regular basis and to deliver a deep conspiracy that will span several connected Deus Ex games, creating a more immersive and richer experience than ever before. Deus Ex: Universe will include PC and console games, but also additional Deus Ex games and experiences available in other media such as tablets, smartphones, books, graphic novels, etc... You might have seen the name pop up recently in the press Ė well this is what itís all about. Iím pleased to confirm that we are already into production of the starting point for Deus Ex: Universe with a new game for PC and next-generation consoles. Weíre very excited about it at the studio and I wanted to let you know that most of the team behind Deus Ex: Human Revolution is already working hard on this new game. It took us four years to learn how to create a unique Deus Ex experience with Human Revolution and it was important for me to keep this knowledge within the franchise.

I want to leave you with a piece of concept art from our next-gen Deus Ex game that shows trans-humanism segregation, which is a backdrop to our vision for the next Deus Ex. It represents a "ghetto-city' voluntarily built in order to separate the classes. The people in this segregated class have reshaped their environment, nostalgic for their ideal of Cyber Renaissance. This dark and dystopian vision sets the tone for things to come in Deus Ex. For now, I hope you are excited about the future of this game that we love so much. Deus Ex is coming to next-gen, itís early so donít expect to hear much more from us just yet, but I wanted you to know. I'm very excited as a developer and gamer!

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed Oct 3, 2013, 06:14 mag

Fantaz wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 23:25:
Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 19:17:
The only part of Deus Ex 3 I absolutely hated was the dog shit lazy cop-out ending. It felt like a parody of the "illusion of choice" at the end of Deus Ex 1. Everything else was good.

...which game is Deus Ex 3?

Human Revolution

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed Oct 2, 2013, 23:25 Fantaz

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 19:17:
The only part of Deus Ex 3 I absolutely hated was the dog shit lazy cop-out ending. It felt like a parody of the "illusion of choice" at the end of Deus Ex 1. Everything else was good.

...which game is Deus Ex 3?

29. Re: Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed Oct 2, 2013, 19:17 Mad Max RW

28. Re: Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed Oct 2, 2013, 19:09 Yakubs

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 14:37:
If you didn't like Human Revolution, it might be time to hang up the mouse and go back to pen and paper D&D. HR wasn't perfect but it was tons of fun.

Not everyone has your taste. For me there wasn't a single thing about the game that rated as great. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, about the game was mediocre.

27. Re: Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed Oct 2, 2013, 19:06 Squirmer

DX:HR is a bad game. They were taking the best game ever made as their starting point but managed to make it much worse. Awful level design, much more restrictive game systems that limited player options, poorly implemented RPG shit like XP rewards. Even if you're in it for the story, HR was so boring, with shallow characters and some nonsensical world building and character motivations. It was made by a bunch of amateurs and it shows.  

26. Re: Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed Oct 2, 2013, 18:40 NKD

Creston wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 18:02:
Redmask wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 17:48:
The boss battles were fine, just a bit out of place. People whined about them endlessly but they were a really insignificant part of the whole game.

Yep. They basically boiled down to: Hit F2 twice.

Good ol' Typhoon. You could always spare the augmentations to afford it easily before the first boss and just use it as a boss fight skip button.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

25. Re: Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed Oct 2, 2013, 18:06 Redmask

Quinn wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 18:04:
If you don't like DX, you shouldn't waste our time and your own bitching.

You love to bitch about games you don't like so I'm not really going to give that much thought.

Everyone loves to complain once in awhile, we're all equal opportunity haters.

24. Re: Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed Oct 2, 2013, 18:04 Quinn

Expected to see allot of negative bullshit about this obviously good news. If you like DX, the more the better with the logical hope of the products being good. If you don't like DX, you shouldn't waste our time and your own bitching.

Luckily only a few negative comments instead.

DX:HR was a great game, but indeed not perfect. While I loved the robocop style prologue, the rest of the story didn't involve the player enough imo. Other than that I think the game was fantastic, with the best moment being able to choose to save (or fail trying) or leave the pilot lady at some point.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

23. Re: Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed Oct 2, 2013, 18:02 Creston

Redmask wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 17:48:
The boss battles were fine, just a bit out of place. People whined about them endlessly but they were a really insignificant part of the whole game.

Yep. They basically boiled down to: Hit F2 twice.

22. Re: Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed Oct 2, 2013, 17:49 Sho

Whoa, I had no idea the DC was now slated for PC as well. Guess that's just the excuse I need to replay DXHR.  

21. Re: Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed Oct 2, 2013, 17:48 Redmask

20. Re: Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed Oct 2, 2013, 17:21 nin

and the boss battles have been covered more than the Princess Diana death

They've said those are being redone for the fall release.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

19. Re: Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed Oct 2, 2013, 17:11 J

Here's hoping they balance it better. Non-lethal was too easy, and hacking was so rewarding. And with the aug upgrades hacking became considerably easier.

Don't get me wrong. I put almost 200 hours into the game. I generally enjoyed it. But the balance was off in my opinion, and the boss battles have been covered more than the Princess Diana death

18. Re: Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed Oct 2, 2013, 17:03 LittleMe

Why is everyone afraid to ask the important question! Will there be zombies or not?!?!  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

17. Re: Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed Oct 2, 2013, 16:34 SlimRam

nin wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 16:24:
SlimRam wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 16:01:
I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad about this, but then again I'm manic depressive and I'm off my medication so I should probably be able to hit both of them, no problem

Did you hear about the dyslexic insomniac? He sat up all night wondering if there really was a Dog.

Hehehe, classic

"Angels with silver wings, shouldn't know suffering, I wish I could take the pain for you

If God has a master plan, that only He understands, I hope it's your eyes He's seeing through"

Depeche Mode - Precious

16. Re: Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed Oct 2, 2013, 16:30 Suppa7

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 14:37:
If you didn't like Human Revolution, it might be time to hang up the mouse and go back to pen and paper D&D. HR wasn't perfect but it was tons of fun.

I'm sorry but this is bs, there are valid criticisms of Human revolution. The story and the ending especially. The original trailer for HR made the world seem more awesome then it was. I expected a deeper world then what we got. The characters of the story (bosses, news reporter AI/whatever, also felt really out of place and poorly written).

15. Re: Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed Oct 2, 2013, 16:27 NKD

They did great with DXHR and I'm hoping that can improve upon it even further with the next game. Too early to say of course.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

14. Re: Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed Oct 2, 2013, 16:24 nin

SlimRam wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 16:01:
I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad about this, but then again I'm manic depressive and I'm off my medication so I should probably be able to hit both of them, no problem

Did you hear about the dyslexic insomniac? He sat up all night wondering if there really was a Dog.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13. Re: Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed Oct 2, 2013, 16:01 SlimRam

"Angels with silver wings, shouldn't know suffering, I wish I could take the pain for you

If God has a master plan, that only He understands, I hope it's your eyes He's seeing through"

Depeche Mode - Precious

12. Re: Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed Oct 2, 2013, 15:44 Raptor

I'm probably one of the few that thinks HR was just OK and nothing more.
As a Deus Ex fan there are just so many aspects I can't tolerate.
Too simplistic and streamlined (story & gameplay), way too much handholding and the AI + level design weren't very good at all. (AI couldn't even leave rooms in many cases since the room was in another "area".
I want them to give me the tools which create the set pieces and memories not to have some designer create them for me so I can experience the same thing with a million others.

On the other hand if they learn to be more humble, fix their mistakes, do some research and make it more serious/multilayered instead of using button "X" to initiate a cool sequence all would be forgiven and I'd be back on the fan train.

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo