Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Half-Life 3 Developer List Found

A post on NeoGAF says Valve's Project Management Portal mysteriously opened to the public last night, showing a development team is in place for Half-Life 3. This is no longer accessible, but Rock, Paper, Shotgun verifies viewing it and seeing a listing for 10 "core" developers and another 46 in a "Half-Life 3 group." This comes closely after the revelation of a European Trademark for Half-Life 3, fuelling hopes Valve's neglected FPS flagship will sail again.

View
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

48. Re: Half-Life 3 Developer List Found Oct 4, 2013, 07:40 Undih

[VG]Reagle wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 18:58:
Gaben must have run out of donuts and went into a rage. Its the only explanation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx0li8PknPc

Fuck you and your immature fat jokes

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

47. Re: Half-Life 3 Developer List Found Oct 3, 2013, 18:44 Sepharo

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 14:53:
Flak wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 01:33:
Please stop posting here

Oh ffs, not everyone is in love with Valve and that's it. Waa someone doesn't share my opinion don't post! There's an ignore feature, if one person having the opinion that valve isn't awesome ruffles your feathers so much I feel bad for you in everyday life. Swear, there's some pretty fragile people on this site.

I think you missed the point.
Judging by his underline, it was your use of "prolly" that he took exception with.
Prolly just some dumb liberal anyway since he doesn't want you to post.

46. Re: Half-Life 3 Developer List Found Oct 3, 2013, 16:09 Redmask

But they *promised* him! Haha. Funny how bashing Valve never stops people from using Steam or buying their products. Empty criticism, devoid of any real insight or intent.  

45. Re: Half-Life 3 Developer List Found Oct 3, 2013, 14:53 RollinThundr

Icewind wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 18:50:
Redmask wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 17:47:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 12:57:
Promising short dev time for episodes never happened? I seem to recall that happening. Then their staff got bored and decided to work on overrated crap like portal and Left for Mediocrity er I mean Left for Dead and re releasing Counterstrike 17 times in different forms. Now they're making their little steam box.

Valve along with Blizzard are prolly the two most overrated over protected entities in the entire industry.

They promised? Did they make this promise to you? Where did they use the word promise? Perhaps you can point it out.

They tried a different development approach, it didn't work out. They still make some pretty great games that sell exceedingly well so while I would love to see Half-Life 3, I'm willing to be patient about it instead of spouting off stupid shit about mediocrity when I'm demanding another title from the same company. Better yet put your money where your mouth is and uninstall Steam since Valve offends you so much.

Nope, didn't think so.

I don't know about *promise*, but Valve did say, time and time again, that their plan for episodic gaming was to have a very short turnover time. Clearly, that didn't happen but no one called them on it because Valve is god.

Please stop posting here

Oh ffs, not everyone is in love with Valve and that's it. Waa someone doesn't share my opinion don't post! There's an ignore feature, if one person having the opinion that valve isn't awesome ruffles your feathers so much I feel bad for you in everyday life. Swear, there's some pretty fragile people on this site.

44. Re: Half-Life 3 Developer List Found Oct 3, 2013, 10:23 Verno

Valve along with Blizzard are prolly the two most overrated over protected entities in the entire industry.

Please stop posting here

With any luck he'll make a few more political rants and get himself banned finally. Adds nothing but noise here.

Seriously. For every person that turns their nose up at Valve there's going to be like ten more than go out and buy HL3. If it exists...

Haha yeah, I can't see anyone who ever cared about the Halflife games boycotting the third one. I would love an old school FPS like it with big levels instead of a railed cinema like CoD.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

43. Re: Half-Life 3 Developer List Found Oct 3, 2013, 01:45 Beamer

Please stop posting here

Please post here more often, Flak. You're a name I don't see enough.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

42. Re: Half-Life 3 Developer List Found Oct 3, 2013, 01:33 Flak

Please stop posting here

41. Re: Half-Life 3 Developer List Found Oct 2, 2013, 22:09 Loopy

Quboid wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 14:23:
Creston wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 13:19:
Eh, it could come out or could never come out, it'd be just about the same for me. I don't know why Valve expects people to stay interested in a storyline for 12 years.

If it comes out and it's a good game, I'll pick it up on sale at some point.

You don't know why Valve (presumably) expect people to stay interested after 12 years? I think 12 years of HL:Ep3 and HL3 questions and theories might have given them a clue.

Seriously. For every person that turns their nose up at Valve there's going to be like ten more than go out and buy HL3. If it exists...

40. Re: Into the Black Oct 2, 2013, 21:19 NegaDeath

Allow me to the buzzkill and posture that just maybe they don't know how to proceed after the last Episode.  

39. Re: Half-Life 3 Developer List Found Oct 2, 2013, 21:04 MajorD

Sleeping

38. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2013, 20:39 Rigs

I have to call bullshit on the statement that releasing a HL game at this point wouldn't help or would be irrelevant story-wise. My proof? Deus Ex: HR. What was the run time between the first and second and then HR? Now they've announced a whole slew set in the 'universe' and everyone is happy. Why can't the same be done for Half Life?

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

37. Re: Half-Life 3 Developer List Found Oct 2, 2013, 19:05 AngelicPenguin

Icewind wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 18:50:
Clearly, that didn't happen but no one called them on it because Valve is god.

Look a few posts above yours. As if in this day and age everyone isn't called out about everything.

36. Re: Half-Life 3 Developer List Found Oct 2, 2013, 18:58 [VG]Reagle

Gaben must have run out of donuts and went into a rage. Its the only explanation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx0li8PknPc

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.

35. Re: Half-Life 3 Developer List Found Oct 2, 2013, 18:50 Icewind

Redmask wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 17:47:
Promising short dev time for episodes never happened? I seem to recall that happening. Then their staff got bored and decided to work on overrated crap like portal and Left for Mediocrity er I mean Left for Dead and re releasing Counterstrike 17 times in different forms. Now they're making their little steam box.

They promised? Did they make this promise to you? Where did they use the word promise? Perhaps you can point it out.

They tried a different development approach, it didn't work out. They still make some pretty great games that sell exceedingly well so while I would love to see Half-Life 3, I'm willing to be patient about it instead of spouting off stupid shit about mediocrity when I'm demanding another title from the same company. Better yet put your money where your mouth is and uninstall Steam since Valve offends you so much.

Nope, didn't think so.

I don't know about *promise*, but Valve did say, time and time again, that their plan for episodic gaming was to have a very short turnover time. Clearly, that didn't happen but no one called them on it because Valve is god.

34. Re: Half-Life 3 Developer List Found Oct 2, 2013, 17:47 Redmask

Nope, didn't think so.

33. Re: Half-Life 3 Developer List Found Oct 2, 2013, 17:36 TheWitcher

Valve know they need to blow minds with this game. The current-gen consoles were not going to cut it. Next-gen consoles + SteamOS = release (I hope).  

32. Re: Half-Life 3 Developer List Found Oct 2, 2013, 15:35 Gipson

Steam (machine) exclusives = $$$Gaben$$$  

31. Re: Half-Life 3 Developer List Found Oct 2, 2013, 15:07 RollinThundr

jdreyer wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 13:35:
Sho wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 10:54:
No, Duke Nukem Forever levels of ridiculousness happened because they were public about it and over-promised. Valve has done no such thing.

Feel free to drop off the thread and go back to playing Call of Duty.

Cute, haven't touched Call of Duty since World at War and don't plan to anytime soon. Oh god someone doesn't think Valve and Gabe are the bestest things ever! Quick tell them to play COD!

30. Re: Half-Life 3 Developer List Found Oct 2, 2013, 14:23 Quboid

Creston wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 13:19:
Eh, it could come out or could never come out, it'd be just about the same for me. I don't know why Valve expects people to stay interested in a storyline for 12 years.

If it comes out and it's a good game, I'll pick it up on sale at some point.

You don't know why Valve (presumably) expect people to stay interested after 12 years? I think 12 years of HL:Ep3 and HL3 questions and theories might have given them a clue.

- Quboid

29. Re: Half-Life 3 Developer List Found Oct 2, 2013, 13:39 jdreyer

1badmf wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 13:29:
don't get what the big deal is. i tried playing hl1 back in the day when i got a pair of diamond monster2s on the cheap to SLI but i couldn't finish the game cuz it was so mindnumbingly bland to me.

Try playing Black Mesa? It's a free "reimagining" of HL1

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo