Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

After some difficulties connecting, I got to check out a bit of GTA Online yesterday. This was pretty fun, but also chaotic, at times I felt like one of the game's countless computer-controlled pedestrians from the way other players would just appear out of nowhere to shoot me, crash into me, steal my car etc. A little later we figured out how to start a non-public game, and things made more sense. I see one of the options is to create crew-only games, so I look forward to playing with those of you in the Blue's News Crew. I'll be the one who has no idea what he's doing.

Crew Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Me and the Key 3.
ATV Champions Games.
Stories: Food Giant Sysco Under USDA Investigation.
The "Breaking Bad" Finale You Didn't See.
Science: Women Can Make New Eggs After All, Stem-Cell Study Hints.
Unvaccinated kids helped fuel California’s whooping cough epidemic.
Media: Unexpected Trail Turn Causes Multiple Bike Pileup.
Drive Thru Skeleton Prank.
Simon Pegg and His 12 Stages of Drunk.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Out of the Blue - NFL Picks Oct 3, 2013, 12:16 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 05:01:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 01:46:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 22:38:
mch wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 21:38:
After all the horror stories, I haven't even attempted to play.

Are you guys actually successfully getting online? My one buddy has only gotten to the race tutorial and it crapped out.

Last night was a blast....tonight, can't even get on....

Oh good, so it's not just me. Again.

I got in log enough to sell all shares to buy PIS. Already made 500k off of 2M.

I managed to watch the intro, and then it just sat at the race, supposedly connecting me to other players for 15 minutes. Thankfully I had my Vita out and was playing LotR while I waited.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Out of the Blue - NFL Picks Oct 3, 2013, 05:01 xXBatmanXx

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 01:46:

Are you guys actually successfully getting online? My one buddy has only gotten to the race tutorial and it crapped out.

I got in log enough to sell all shares to buy PIS. Already made 500k off of 2M.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

32. Re: Out of the Blue - NFL Picks Oct 3, 2013, 01:46 Agent.X7

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

31. Re: Out of the Blue - NFL Picks Oct 2, 2013, 22:38 xXBatmanXx

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

30. Re: Out of the Blue - NFL Picks Oct 2, 2013, 22:37 PHJF

I eventually got online with some random dudes and did some random stuff for a random amount of time.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

29. Re: Out of the Blue - NFL Picks Oct 2, 2013, 21:38 mch

PSN: CaseDesignate

28. Re: Out of the Blue - NFL Picks Oct 2, 2013, 19:24 Cutter

RoboNerd wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 19:17:
I guess this makes me the Rainman of picking NFL winners. I really have no clue, but look who is #1... Crown

Lol! Is there some way we could start a Powerball pool? We'll let you pick the numbers.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

27. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2013, 19:23 Cutter

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 16:24:
Cutter wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 13:42:
Fuck a duck! That's scary about Sysco. Virtually every restaurant uses them to a greater or lesser degree. If all of that is true the US and Canadian governments need to step in and kick some major ass pronto!

I'm not really surprised at this. Not in the least, I had friends who worked at Sysco who complained about this over a decade ago and were ignored by inspectors. I've lost touch with said friends, most are in western canada now driving for the oil patch. But, anyone who knows someone in the transportation industry whether it be food, chemicals, or even raw materials will tell you that "shady shit" does indeed go on, and it doesn't matter where or what.

But according to the report officials on both sides of the border are now investigating, which is good.

The upside of working high end in hospitality is most places I've worked the food is generally locally sourced with maybe some dry goods or preserved stuff/condiments coming from Sysco. I don't think most people outside of hospitality realize just how huge Sysco is and omnipresent they are in this industry. They are the Walmart of the restaurant biz. Wouldn't surprise me to see a bunch of (class-action) lawsuits coming on the heels of this. They could be in some very deep shit here.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

26. Re: Out of the Blue - NFL Picks Oct 2, 2013, 19:17 RoboNerd

I guess this makes me the Rainman of picking NFL winners. I really have no clue, but look who is #1... Crown  

25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2013, 18:01 Redmask

Fuck a duck! That's scary about Sysco. Virtually every restaurant uses them to a greater or lesser degree. If all of that is true the US and Canadian governments need to step in and kick some major ass pronto!

They supply grocery chains, other meat vendors, restaurants, etc. They are basically everywhere in the food supply in North America. It's fucking crazy shit, we really need to have better tabs on our food supply in general, oversight with authority to cost these companies money so that the penalties outweigh any savings from dumb shit like this.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2013, 17:52 Yosemite Sam

Well I'm in, raced Lamar, robbed the store, didn't join the team deathmatch they wanted me to do. Sitting alone in LS at half health wondering how the hell I'm I supposed the heal? Went to hospitals and stores where I knew either med kits or pop machines were located but theres nothing there, confused to say the least. Tried to join a crew session but it either doesnt work or nobodys playing ATM.

EDIT k found some pop machines and figured out you can buy supplies at a store... Got on a populated server and jammed for a bit, held up some stores. One session I was in the cops were fucked, move ten feet stop, move another ten feet stop, needless to say ditching the police in that session was a cake walk, heh probably could have walked away from them.

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2013, 19:49.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2013, 16:26 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 15:14:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 15:10:
DAMN~!
PiBwasser (PIS) on Bawsaq was $1.00 last week and is now $17.54. It is on it's way to 50+!!!! BUT THE MARKET AND ONLINE IS DOWN!!!!!!
Sent Blue a link about how a reddit group is trying to figure out how to swing the balsaq (all puns included), so everyone playing can cash in. They're still trying to figure it out, though...
Every time I buy something that's near it's lowest point, it keeps dropping and I lose more money...I'm still hanging onto them (waiting for the upturn) but I've not seen it yet...
Almost every other day, SOMETHING is 1.00 or close to it. Just dump money in that...

/46 Members!

I was trying to go slow through the GTAO tutrial section, but some of it flashed by. I did notice that if you get enough "bad karma" by tk and griefing, the game will ONLY MATCH YOU WITH OTHER GRIEFERS! hahahahahah I love it.

//sweet, just found this:
Use the map screen to find the closest ATM and set up a waypoint. Or, you can deposit through your phone at the bank's website.
Thank you Destructoid.

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2013, 16:52.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2013, 16:24 Mashiki Amiketo

I'm not really surprised at this. Not in the least, I had friends who worked at Sysco who complained about this over a decade ago and were ignored by inspectors. I've lost touch with said friends, most are in western canada now driving for the oil patch. But, anyone who knows someone in the transportation industry whether it be food, chemicals, or even raw materials will tell you that "shady shit" does indeed go on, and it doesn't matter where or what.

But according to the report officials on both sides of the border are now investigating, which is good.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

21. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2013, 15:14 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 15:10:
DAMN~!

PiBwasser (PIS) on Bawsaq was $1.00 last week and is now $17.54. It is on it's way to 50+!!!! BUT THE MARKET AND ONLINE IS DOWN!!!!!!

Sent Blue a link about how a reddit group is trying to figure out how to swing the balsaq (all puns included), so everyone playing can cash in. They're still trying to figure it out, though...

Every time I buy something that's near it's lowest point, it keeps dropping and I lose more money...I'm still hanging onto them (waiting for the upturn) but I've not seen it yet...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

20. Re: Hey Blue Oct 2, 2013, 15:10  Blue 

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 15:08:
2 Questions: 1) Can we use your logo for the GTA club, 2)is there a HD version of the logo anywhere?

1) Sure and 2) I dunno, the one in the corner is a high-rez png, it's just small. You want a larger one I presume?

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2013, 15:10 xXBatmanXx

DAMN~!

18. Hey Blue Oct 2, 2013, 15:08 The Half Elf

2 Questions: 1) Can we use your logo for the GTA club, 2)is there a HD version of the logo anywhere?  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

17. Re: Out of the Blue - NFL Picks Oct 2, 2013, 14:42 Cutter

TorchMaster wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 14:14:
Hey guys, I'm enjoying the NFL game-picking pool -- thanks for everyone's participation. There are lots of close games for the upcoming week, and I'm taking many underdogs. This could be a significant week for someone. Three straight weeks of exactly ten wins for me. Eagles at Giants looks to be the desperation game of the day.

Ugh, this is another tough week for picks given all the upsets going on around the league. This week I just said fuck it and went down the right side of the list.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2013, 14:40 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 14:08:
Isn't it obvious? Profit. Cheaper not to refrigerate the food. Why do you hate America?

Screw you you sonofabitch! How dare you call me a fan of Apple!

Devilish

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2013, 14:36 xXBatmanXx

jdreyer wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 14:08:
From the article:
“Everyone has to start questioning what’s going on in the industry,” food safety expert Dr. John Ryan told NBC Bay Area.
Isn't it obvious? Profit. Cheaper not to refrigerate the food. Why do you hate America?

Weird, I wonder if it is certain local companies transporting for Sysco - cause I know drivers from there, have friends who are clients, and also there is a large warehouse nearby, and all trucks have refrigeration and never have had an issue with their products in the MPLS area that I know of. I will ask around a bit.

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo