Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Need for Speed Rivals Trailer

Here's a new "tech feature" trailer from Need for Speed Rivals showing off Progression & Pursuit in the upcoming continuation of the driving game series, showing the two different paths players will be offered in the game. Here's the explanation: "In Need for Speed Rivals, you can take on unique careers as both a Cop and Racer where your story, gameplay, cars, and tech differ for each side of the law. As a mysterious Racer named Zephyr, draw the attention of the masses in Redview County. In this trailer, you’ll get a look at some of the adrenaline filled moments that you’ll see on your Speedlist as a Racer, or the enforcement objectives you’ll be given in your Assignments as a Cop. Progress through your career, get access to faster, better cars and purchase more advanced tech to take out your ultimate rivals."

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Need for Speed Rivals Trailer Oct 2, 2013, 22:15 Sepharo

I'm a big fan of arcade racers. Hate the simulation stuff. I haven't played a NFS in a long time but I like that they seem to be more like Burnout now (as expected since it's the same developer).  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Need for Speed Rivals Trailer Oct 2, 2013, 16:14 RollinThundr

InBlack wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 07:00:
Why the fuck would I go even go anywhere near this when there is the excellent Grid or Grid2?

What's wrong with arcade racers?

10. Re: Need for Speed Rivals Trailer Oct 2, 2013, 13:43 jdreyer

InBlack wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 07:00:
Why the fuck would I go even go anywhere near this when there is the excellent Grid or Grid2?

Yeah, basically my thought. I liked NFS Shift because it was more sim-like. This looks like you'd play it with a game pad instead of a wheel.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

9. Re: Need for Speed Rivals Trailer Oct 2, 2013, 07:00 InBlack

I have a nifty blue line!

8. Re: Need for Speed Rivals Trailer Oct 2, 2013, 05:04 Julio

Got this on preorder for PS4, hoping this is one of the 'good' NFS games, not the like the run.  

7. Re: Need for Speed Rivals Trailer Oct 2, 2013, 02:59 Suppa7

jdreyer wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 01:32:
Never mind the vid embedded in the front page, what did y'all think about the game? Personally, I was underwhelmed. I thought the physics looked way too arcady.

What? Physics way too arcadey? Are we watching the same video? The physics looks quite realy it's just toned down a bit (aka no instant death). Burnout crash physics is still way ahead of anything NFS could do.

I think the main problem is the graphics engine, it makes everything look really bland (too realistic graphically). NFS was not a game predicated on too much realism in the art direction. But it's using frostbite engine, which was made for battlefield.

6. Re: Need for Speed Rivals Trailer Oct 2, 2013, 02:55 Suppa7

Jerykk wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 01:50:
They need to go back to having different takes on the series, whether it be the the ricer stylings on Underground, the sim-lite approach of Shift or the exotic approach of the original games.

The reality is EA is just running NFS into the ground, the people who buy these games won't stop buying the shittier years. NFS is like madden.

I didn't like Shift or Shift 2, but apparently shift sold 5 million, I'm not sure about Most wanted 2013(by criterion team). But I didn't like it much either.

The great irony is prostreet is better then shift, shift 2 and MW2013... like wtf. Criterion's NFS controls like ass, the cars have horrible feel all around. The menu for the game is just awful to navigate too.

Great irony is need for speed world is better then what they are putting out (NFS world is basically the original Most wanted by blackbox ported to online with additions).

5. Re: Need for Speed Rivals Trailer Oct 2, 2013, 01:50 Jerykk

They really need to slow down on these games. The last three games have basically been the same thing. They need to go back to having different takes on the series, whether it be the the ricer stylings on Underground, the sim-lite approach of Shift or the exotic approach of the original games.  

4. Re: Need for Speed Rivals Trailer Oct 2, 2013, 01:32 jdreyer

Never mind the vid embedded in the front page, what did y'all think about the game? Personally, I was underwhelmed. I thought the physics looked way too arcady.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2013, 22:31 nin

Longswd wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 22:17:
Is embedded video on the front page going to be a new thing going forward or is this a paid for ad?

Generally, it's an accident in the coding.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2013, 22:17 Longswd

Is embedded video on the front page going to be a new thing going forward or is this a paid for ad?

I don't always drink carbonated Mexican rat piss, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2013, 21:28 Rigs

Video on the front page?!? BLASPHEMY! SACRILEGE!

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo