Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

52. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2013, 08:38 nin

Creston wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 00:17:
Rigs wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 21:24:
but I could never hit the damn guy before he threw Franklin off the boat

The dude throws Franklin off the boat? I could never hit him and Frank just cleans house by himself...

Never seen that...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

51. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2013, 01:39 jdreyer

Rigs wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 23:41:
I'm curious why the PS3 typically has all the problems? Not just for GTA5 but in general. I mean look at the clusterfuck that SkyRim was. I don't have it on the PS3 personally, but I read horror story after horror story about it. Now this, Xbox Live integration seems fine, PSN is fucked beyond all reason...WTF, Sony?! WTF, *R?! You guys had MONTHS to get this figured out! Grrrr!

=-Rigs-=

Probably due to the intentionally convoluted way they designed it to be hard to program. They bragged about it as a "benefit." Well, guess what: Make your shit hard to use and don't be surprised if folks screw up.

I'm just glad the new consoles are essentially PCs with gobs of memory. Means more chance of better PC ports, finally.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

50. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2013, 00:17 Creston

Rigs wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 21:24:
but I could never hit the damn guy before he threw Franklin off the boat

The dude throws Franklin off the boat? I could never hit him and Frank just cleans house by himself...

49. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2013, 23:41 Rigs

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 23:24:
PS3: Can't do shit. Created a character and it timed out.

Xbox: Played for 2hours with Half Elf and HAD A FUCKING BLAST! So much fun. I am so impressed with the online portion of this game. I even won a deathmatch round. Pro tip: Host all games AND LET HALF ELF/CPTRANGER DRIVE!

I'm curious why the PS3 typically has all the problems? Not just for GTA5 but in general. I mean look at the clusterfuck that SkyRim was. I don't have it on the PS3 personally, but I read horror story after horror story about it. Now this, Xbox Live integration seems fine, PSN is fucked beyond all reason...WTF, Sony?! WTF, *R?! You guys had MONTHS to get this figured out! Grrrr!

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

48. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 1, 2013, 23:27 nin

Pro tip: Host all games AND LET HALF ELF/CPTRANGER DRIVE!

Heh!

47. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 1, 2013, 23:24 xXBatmanXx

PS3: Can't do shit. Created a character and it timed out.

Xbox: Played for 2hours with Half Elf and HAD A FUCKING BLAST! So much fun. I am so impressed with the online portion of this game. I even won a deathmatch round. Pro tip: Host all games AND LET HALF ELF/CPTRANGER DRIVE!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

46. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2013, 21:44 Yosemite Sam

Rigs wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 21:27:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 20:18:

Anyone have any idea on how to avoid the patch?
I guess I could always just turn off my wireless router...

uh...unplug the wireless adapter behind the xbox?

Yeah, I'm gonna unplug my PS3 for a while and play off-line until they get this shit figured out...if it will let me...

=-Rigs-=

You don't have to unplug the console from your network, just don't accept the update... and you don't have to sign in when you use the console either just turn off the auto log on feature, turned that off on mine a long time ago... though with GTA5 even if you're logged off it still detects the update, just don't accept it it still lets you play... think I'll backup my saves to a thumb drive and see what happens, of course if the saves themselves are ok and its the core game thats getting messed up I'll be SOL... hmmm, fuck it, I'll let Rockstar get their shit together first.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

45. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2013, 21:27 Rigs

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 20:18:

Yeah, I'm gonna unplug my PS3 for a while and play off-line until they get this shit figured out...if it will let me...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

44. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2013, 21:24 Rigs

Yosemite Sam wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 19:09:
I just (FINALLY! By freak coincidence) finished that Father/Son mission..

Ya I mentioned this earlier, once I figured out that you can hold the cinema button and your car auto follows the boat that mission turned into a cake walk... well except you still gotta shoot that one guy and capture the kid.

That's where I was having the problem! I couldn't shoot the son of a bitch to save my life! The driving part I was fine with and I found the cinematic cam the first run through, but I could never hit the damn guy before he threw Franklin off the boat and then I tried it last night expecting to have to do it 20 times and I accidentally shot my gun before I was even ready and by shear coincidence it hit him! The look on my face was probably pretty priceless...

=-Rigs-=

43. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 1, 2013, 20:18 xXBatmanXx

Going to roll the dice.

I am hearing that the issues are mostly (losing data) on the PS3?

I am going to update both and see what happens.
Would it suck to lose my xbox 360 character after 62% done and all the time? Yea, but it isn't like I won't play it again anyway! (and invest better) - I would like to get in and sell all of my shares though.......before it tanks.

I have 3 game saves on xbox and 1 on ps3. SO I think I will be ok......here goes....

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2013, 20:25.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

42. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 1, 2013, 19:15 jdreyer

InBlack wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 10:44:
Ah, ok cool. Very generous of Rockstar not to charge people extra for something they could have very easily monetized. Im actually quite impressed.

Well, when you do a billion dollars in revenue, you can afford to be generous.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

41. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 1, 2013, 19:09 Yosemite Sam

Creston wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 18:33:

Well on the PS3 you have the option to not do anything just hit O. I got the message to install the patch and opted out of it after hearing about it being fucked. I was not logged in at the time dunno if you can opt out of it if you're logged into PSN.

Yep, I had the same issue with Franklin, that he always had an extra mission showing. It's the Tonya/Tow missions.

And it's the only occurence of it in the game, afaik (I've played through twice now.)

Ya I called her and got another couple of tow missions, now waiting to hear from her again.

I just (FINALLY! By freak coincidence) finished that Father/Son mission..

Ya I mentioned this earlier, once I figured out that you can hold the cinema button and your car auto follows the boat that mission turned into a cake walk... well except you still gotta shoot that one guy and capture the kid.

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2013, 19:14.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

40. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 1, 2013, 18:33 Creston

39. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2013, 18:29 nin

I'm opening a ticket for the mic issue, as it's still not fixed. The other issues I'm assuming are far more widespread.

I had originally posted something on reddit about the headset weeks ago, but no one replied.

38. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2013, 18:27 Rigs

nin wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 18:15:
I installed the patch, but now, during the online character creation screen, the dvd drive thrashes constantly. This was after I started the single player, hit down to start an online character, and was presented with a black screen for 5 minutes before I quit out.

This clearly wasn't ready for prime time.

edit: Aaaand Failed to Create Host...way to fuck it up, R*!

edit again, exact quote:

SOCIAL CLUB ERROR
Success

Yeah, I'm not taking the chance with the patch until things tighten up some with the implementation. I knew it was gonna be a clusterfuck, which is why I'm not raving mad. I already figured it'd be a few days before I'd get into the multi totally. I've got the SP to finish anyway...Have you tried Reddit, nin? They seem to have the up-to-date info (and someone posted a picture of the same error you got)... http://www.reddit.com/r/grandtheftautov and http://www.reddit.com/r/gtav are the ones I've been following the last few days...

Creston wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 17:22:
Fuuuuuck. Is there a way to NOT install the patch??

If my savegame with all three guys having 1.6 billion dollars goes missing, I'm going to be supremely pissed.

You ain't the only one...

=-Rigs-=

37. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2013, 18:19 Rigs

I'm actually surprised as I've spent a ton more time as Franklin than anyone else. Well, I haven't even gotten to Trevor yet, so that may change. I spend so much time just free roaming that I haven't progressed very far in the story itself. I just (FINALLY! By freak coincidence) finished that Father/Son mission...and that's like what? one of the first missions..lol...I thought the whole time before getting the game that I would like Michael the most but I'm finding his people and surroundings very irritating, along with his Strangers and Freaks missions. The first two I can't pass and it pisses me off to no end. I'm sure I'd do it with persistence but it makes me wonder why *R decided to put slightly harder missions as the first, unless it gets much worse from here on out? I did the mission where we first meet 'Stretch' with Franklin and it was ok but the second half of it (the getaway) was infuriating. I had to do that one over like ten times before I got it right. Still Franklin and Lamar make me laugh my ass off. Maybe because I'm not an 'urban hood' and find their conversations funny even when they're supposed to be serious. That crackhead girl, Tanya(?), is ok. She's meant to be annoying as hell so that doesn't bother me and some of things they talk about are pretty funny.

Bottom line Beamer, I think you're just too...smart. I don't mean that in a sarcastic nasty way, but you just seem not to like 'dumb' people that get themselves in 'dumb' situations. You find it obvious and annoying. Nothing wrong with that but I wonder why you think Saints Row is better...I mean, dildo bats? I'm confused...

=-Rigs-=

36. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 1, 2013, 18:15 nin

I installed the patch, but now, during the online character creation screen, the dvd drive thrashes constantly. This was after I started the single player, hit down to start an online character, and was presented with a black screen for 5 minutes before I quit out.

This clearly wasn't ready for prime time.

edit: Aaaand Failed to Create Host...way to fuck it up, R*!

edit again, exact quote:

SOCIAL CLUB ERROR
Success

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2013, 18:20.

35. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 1, 2013, 17:22 Creston

nin wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 14:23:
Oh shit, might want to decline that patch for now.

Joystiq tipster writes in with word that their single-player campaign save file was erased following patch installation, ending a playthrough at around 70 percent completion. NeoGAF and Rockstar Support users confirm similar glitches, reporting missing weapons, unresponsive character switching, and an inability to progress in story mode.

Fuuuuuck. Is there a way to NOT install the patch??

If my savegame with all three guys having 1.6 billion dollars goes missing, I'm going to be supremely pissed.

34. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 1, 2013, 17:21 Creston

Yosemite Sam wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 15:41:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 13:31:
I actually dig the tow truck stuff, so much so that it will be the 3rd property I buy as I enjoy doing the missions....oh well. You can do whatever you want, just turn cheats on and you won't have any police issues....

That's not a property you can buy. I liked the tow truck missions too but there were only two of them and I even went back to the yard to see if I could do them outside the story and there was no tow truck there.

In order to do the last three missions, you need to check your texts. Tonya will eventually text you, and ask you to call her. Then you get more missions.

would explain why Franklin shows an outstanding mission but no missions on the map... wonder how many other things I'm missing because I've never called anyone, looks like I need to make a bunch of phone calls.

Yep, I had the same issue with Franklin, that he always had an extra mission showing. It's the Tonya/Tow missions.

And it's the only occurence of it in the game, afaik (I've played through twice now.)

33. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 1, 2013, 17:18 xXBatmanXx

Yosemite Sam wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 16:39:
Hmmm I got no missions on my map and I've finished the game... I see, seems I'm missing a few things, guess I better make a phone call, the bitch is holding out on me... would explain why Franklin shows an outstanding mission but no missions on the map... wonder how many other things I'm missing because I've never called anyone, looks like I need to make a bunch of phone calls.

I don't call anyone, I just drive everywhere and pay attention to the mini map. I know lots of people take taxis, and you miss everything.

/I am wanting to work on the bounty missions, I got one on accident (realized I was in the area and stumbled on him) but can't find the 2nd one....don't want to cheat....thought I had it at one point, but nothing was there....

52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo