Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads

Origin tweets that preloads are now underway for those eligible to participate in early access beta testing of Battlefield 4, which begins tomorrow. Word is: "Pre-load is now available for everyone in the Exclusive #bf4beta. Download now to be among the first to fight on Oct 1." The beta is open to those who preorder Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe and will be released for all to play on October 4th. Thanks VG247.

View
44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

44. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads Oct 2, 2013, 06:24 SpectralMeat

20% off code from gamefly GFDOCT20
Works on both BF4 and Premium sub but not on Premium sub by itself.

http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/download-battlefield-4/5005637

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

43. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads Oct 2, 2013, 03:19 Dacron

I rebound spot, but have not reassigned/used Q. It works on other keys but I do not know if it still works with Q with it not bound to it on mine, will try tonight, maybe a bug?

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2013, 03:25.

42. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads Oct 1, 2013, 23:05 siapnar

Runs like crap for me compared to BF3, which immediately didn't set a good impression.
The graphics are slightly better, but nothing considerable, but the scope of the map is larger, so that could be it.
For some reason it runs almost flawlessly in windowed mode, though.

Also, the not being able to rebind spot/communications from anything other than "Q" is back from BF3 early days. Even if I completely unassign it, pressing "Q" still pops it up.
I use Q to sprint in every FPS I've played, including BF3, so this is very frustrating.

On a positive note, there seem to be many interface changes that are welcome, as well as I noticed you get points for doing things that should have garnered some in BF3 but didn't, such as damaging a vehicle.

I have projectile dysfunction.

41. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads Oct 1, 2013, 18:12 Dacron

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 17:53:
Seems pretty cool from the few minutes I've had to sit with it at work. Maybe it's because I am on my laptop, but graphically it doesn't seem much different. The map sure is more open, though. You can enter a lot more of the buildings.

Also featuring LensFlare!(TM) by JJ Abrams.

Graphics only seem better on small things. Animations, atmosphere (floating garbage, fog), models. I was surprised sitting next to a M1A1 when it fired its main cannon. Looks much better than BF3, not a static model firing but a model that moved/reacted to the shot.

40. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads Oct 1, 2013, 17:53 Agent.X7

Seems pretty cool from the few minutes I've had to sit with it at work. Maybe it's because I am on my laptop, but graphically it doesn't seem much different. The map sure is more open, though. You can enter a lot more of the buildings.

Also featuring LensFlare!(TM) by JJ Abrams.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

39. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads Oct 1, 2013, 15:06 Jackplug

BFBC2 was the best, just a shame they wont release dedicated server software and a map editor for the community to map more maps for it. But I guess then ppl wont buy any of their new shit ever again, cos they know we would make better maps and make BFBC2 a far better game than any of their new sandbox shit.

I suppose all those who love BF3 are still playing Metro map over and over again, spamming constantly. I rather play minefield on windows, than do that!!

38. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads Oct 1, 2013, 13:10 Nurgel

Amen, Bad Company 2 was in many ways better than BF3 I feel. Player movement felt more solid and the physics destruction was superior for sure.  

37. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads Oct 1, 2013, 09:02 SpectralMeat

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 08:45:
I miss BFBC2......these BF games die out so quickly....
Not for everyone.

36. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads Oct 1, 2013, 08:45 xXBatmanXx

I miss BFBC2......these BF games die out so quickly....  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

35. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads Oct 1, 2013, 07:53 eRe4s3r

Linksil wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 05:39:
Played one round... I need to pick out and order a 760 tomorrow. Not sure if it was frame rate or lag or what but the movement felt way off.

It's server lag that causes that issue, it seems like netcode is better but servers can't handle all these physics.. maybe a bug in the x64 executable... but I only played 10 or so rounds. Game has fantastic atmosphere though. Seeing the skycraper fall is stunning and sounds stunning. Though some of the weapon sounds are pretty hit and miss.

Also these nvidia beta drivers better not be the final word on BF4 performance

34. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads Oct 1, 2013, 05:47 SpectralMeat

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 19:59:
Speaking of credit.. I don't even know where I got it from. There must have been some action sale way back that gave you credit if you bought something with a certain promo or whatever.

Also I meant Euro ... not $ sorry ;p For me BF3 cost 33 probably more than 30$ but mhnmhnmhnhmhnhmh... anyway. I won't buy Premium until I see the content of the first real expansion and only if BF4 doesn't just totally suck.

So you need to keep up with the promo stuff.. also I still have about 15 of cash on my steam wallet from just selling these idiotic trading cards. So it add's up ;p (yes yes, bf4 ain't on steam) just saying.. If you know how and where, you can lower the prices of games substantially.

I would also never buy codes on russian sites ^^
GMG had a few promos like the XCOM one where you got $10 back to your account for buying the game.
Maybe you got one of those games from them.
I've missed out on the BF4 promo but I am not in the rush to get it anyways.
Want to check out the beta first and see how the game is after release.

33. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads Oct 1, 2013, 05:39 Linksil

Played one round... I need to pick out and order a 760 tomorrow. Not sure if it was frame rate or lag or what but the movement felt way off.  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

32. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads Oct 1, 2013, 05:26 Moog

Definitely going to give this some time after launch to see if it's as hacked as BF3 was.

I don't believe EA/DICE really ever stopped the "LMG head shot through walls from the other end of the map" type cheats/hacks in BF3 and I'm betting the same thing happens with BF4

31. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads Oct 1, 2013, 03:57 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 15:20:
Shataan wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 14:35:
I`m looking forward to the sp campaign mostly. But will join my old Squadies for some mp once in awhile. Everything is good imo, in moderation. ;p

Yeah, I've heard they doubled the length of the SP campaign and it's now a whole 15 minutes long!

Gotta say this made me chuckle.

I have a nifty blue line!

30. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads Sep 30, 2013, 23:15 ColoradoHoudini

Yeah, I just went ahead and ordered from Origin.. $71 with tax.. ouch! But.. I figure I'll be playing it for at least 4 months. I should easily get my moneys worth.  

29. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads Sep 30, 2013, 22:27 eRe4s3r

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 22:18:
Anyone pre-order from Play-sc.com? A month ago I bought Company of Heroes 2 from them.. no issues.

Any thoughts? It's 53.00 for BF4 + China Rising

If I bought this version, would I get in early beta?
http://play-sc.com/Battlefield-4-PC-Download-Origin-Key.html

I don't think so. It says : November 1st 2013 as delivery time. And that's when they send the key. You'd need the key now (or BF3 premium) to get access to the beta.

28. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads Sep 30, 2013, 22:18 ColoradoHoudini

Anyone pre-order from Play-sc.com? A month ago I bought Company of Heroes 2 from them.. no issues.

Any thoughts? It's 53.00 for BF4 + China Rising

If I bought this version, would I get in early beta?
http://play-sc.com/Battlefield-4-PC-Download-Origin-Key.html

27. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads Sep 30, 2013, 19:59 eRe4s3r

Speaking of credit.. I don't even know where I got it from. There must have been some action sale way back that gave you credit if you bought something with a certain promo or whatever.

Also I meant Euro ... not $ sorry ;p For me BF3 cost 33 probably more than 30$ but mhnmhnmhnhmhnhmh... anyway. I won't buy Premium until I see the content of the first real expansion and only if BF4 doesn't just totally suck.

So you need to keep up with the promo stuff.. also I still have about 15 of cash on my steam wallet from just selling these idiotic trading cards. So it add's up ;p (yes yes, bf4 ain't on steam) just saying.. If you know how and where, you can lower the prices of games substantially.

I would also never buy codes on russian sites ^^

26. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads Sep 30, 2013, 19:49 siapnar

Xero wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 16:49:
Are you serious? PC FPS on controller ? That's crazy talk.
Yeah that sounds absolutely bonkers to me, too. But hey, different strokes..

I have projectile dysfunction.

25. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads Sep 30, 2013, 18:50 SpectralMeat

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 17:44:
SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 12:45:
Redmask wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 11:47:
It's usually a promo code that expires quickly or wasn't intended to be used. I don't see any active GMG codes for BF4.
The promo only works for those that ordered certain games from GMG before. See here for details
By the way eraser not sure how you got the game for $30, from gmg you get it for $48 with the promo code.
$59.99 - 20%
Unless if you got it from some Russian site that sells codes

I had some "credit" left

44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo