Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Safety Dance

View
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

48. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Oct 4, 2013, 22:57 Redmask

And game set match.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

47. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Oct 3, 2013, 23:59 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 08:26:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 02:35:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 11:52:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 15:56:

I don't like either party, but in the case of the financial crisis, Republicans deserve a much larger portion of the blame.

So Bush repealed the Glass–Steagall act and forced banks to loan to people who never should have gotten said loans in the first place since they couldn't afford them? Clinton and the democrats are the major reason the housing bubble burst. Yet it's the republicans fault, just like the gov shut down is the republicans fault, just like the Senate failing to vote on a budget is the republicans fault. ETC ETC ETC

Notice a trend there? Everything is always the big bad evil republicans! damn them! /shakes fist
Actually, no, I wasn't even talking about Glass-Steagall, I was talking about things like the Commodity Futures Modernization Act, and other atrocities, likely to have Phil Gramm's fingerprints on them. I don't think you have looked any further into this than maybe the CRA and just decided that it's all the Dems' fault. You really should do a LOT more reading on the subject.

The Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000 (CFMA) is United States federal legislation that officially ensured the deregulation of financial products known as over-the-counter derivatives. It was signed into law on December 21, 2000 by President Bill Clinton.

And?
I never said the Dems had nothing to do with it. But this was a bill authored, pushed and sponsored by Republicans. It passed during Clinton's lame duck period in a Republican-controlled Congress. Care to tell me again how the Republicans aren't primarily responsible for that?

It was not the only piece of legislation they pushed for that enabled all the Wall St. crap either. So yes, both parties are responsible, but the Rs did far more to allow this stuff to happen.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

46. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Oct 3, 2013, 16:37 Redmask

There was no single repeal that caused the 2008 crisis but if I had to point to anything in particular as the straw that broke the camels back it would be the Gramm-Leach-Bliley act which not only introduced further deregulation of key banking structures but also further gutted Glass–Steagall to the point of absurdity. So yeah, Republicans were a major factor there and your attempts to blame it all on Democrats are an attempt to put the damaged Republican brand in a good light on finance when they have by far a worse track record.

45. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Oct 3, 2013, 08:26 RollinThundr

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 02:35:

I don't like either party, but in the case of the financial crisis, Republicans deserve a much larger portion of the blame.

So Bush repealed the Glass–Steagall act and forced banks to loan to people who never should have gotten said loans in the first place since they couldn't afford them? Clinton and the democrats are the major reason the housing bubble burst. Yet it's the republicans fault, just like the gov shut down is the republicans fault, just like the Senate failing to vote on a budget is the republicans fault. ETC ETC ETC

Notice a trend there? Everything is always the big bad evil republicans! damn them! /shakes fist
Actually, no, I wasn't even talking about Glass-Steagall, I was talking about things like the Commodity Futures Modernization Act, and other atrocities, likely to have Phil Gramm's fingerprints on them. I don't think you have looked any further into this than maybe the CRA and just decided that it's all the Dems' fault. You really should do a LOT more reading on the subject.

The Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000 (CFMA) is United States federal legislation that officially ensured the deregulation of financial products known as over-the-counter derivatives. It was signed into law on December 21, 2000 by President Bill Clinton.

And?

44. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Oct 3, 2013, 02:35 Wowbagger_TIP

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

43. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Oct 2, 2013, 11:52 RollinThundr

42. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Oct 1, 2013, 15:56 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 08:58:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 23:55:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 22:51:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 20:08:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 20:09:
Funny that even when the liberals have all 3 branches they still accomplish nothing, yet the republicans still get all the blame. Wonder why that is?

Cool story, too bad it isn't true in the sense that they actually would control all three. They don't have the house. Anything less than all 3 is gridlock and typically if it is 2 Dem - 1 Rep it's always gridlock. If it were 1 dem and 2 rep, that has proven to work much better.

To the other poster we all get both sides are a mess. File it under "lesser of two evils".

For the first two years of Obama's presidency they had both the house and senate. Still got zero done. The republicans also got the blame for that as well.
That's crap as well. They had maybe a few months of actual control due to some congresspeople not able to be present for various reasons. Oh, and having to clean up the wreck of an economy that Bush left us with. (I just threw that in since you seem to like wild over-generalization and over-simplifications when you're not just outright lying).

Bush left a mess for sure, Clinton got the ball rolling on the recession however in multiple ways. Junior was just left holding the bag when it exploded so of course he's going to get 100% of the blame.
However here's what gets me, how many more terms does Obama need to have in office before he's a tiny bit responsible? As for your fact check bullshit on the messiah's promises, when you put things like the cost of college as a win in Obama's book and something he's fulfilled as a campaign promise among others, make sure it's true. College tuitions certainly aren't going down.

Both parties suck, Republicans would spend us into bankruptcy at a slightly smaller rate than the Democrats yet either way we're not following the Constitution at all.

While I don't disagree that the Democrats share some of the blame for the financial mess, they were only a part of it. The Republicans took the ball and ran with it, paving the way to make all the ridiculous crap we saw the banks doing essentially legal. It would be one thing if they had called the Dems on what they did and fixed it. But it's quite another to call them on it and then proceed to make things 100x worse. Had they not deregulated practically everything involved in the disaster, the banks wouldn't have been able to do nearly as much damage as they did. AIG would not have been handed a license to print money, and we wouldn't have been held hostage by Wall St., demanding that we bail them out or see the country burn. Funny how they only care about moral hazard when it's not their livelihoods on the line.

Oh, and Junior didn't just get stuck holding the bag. He was very much a contributor, both in giving Wall St. anything and everything they ask for, and in racking up a shitload of debt for no good reason.

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 08:58:
Instead of pissing all over the document that makes this country great perhaps we should start honoring the fucking thing.
That's just a meaningless platitude. Neither party gives a damn about what the Constitution says when they're serving their benefactors. They both have a long history of undermining and finding loopholes in parts that they find inconvenient at the time. Each one just pays somewhat more attention to certain parts that their base cares more about. Even then, that only applies as far as it gets them re-elected.

41. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Oct 1, 2013, 08:58 RollinThundr

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 23:55:
Funny that even when the liberals have all 3 branches they still accomplish nothing, yet the republicans still get all the blame. Wonder why that is?

Cool story, too bad it isn't true in the sense that they actually would control all three. They don't have the house. Anything less than all 3 is gridlock and typically if it is 2 Dem - 1 Rep it's always gridlock. If it were 1 dem and 2 rep, that has proven to work much better.

To the other poster we all get both sides are a mess. File it under "lesser of two evils".

For the first two years of Obama's presidency they had both the house and senate. Still got zero done. The republicans also got the blame for that as well.
That's crap as well. They had maybe a few months of actual control due to some congresspeople not able to be present for various reasons. Oh, and having to clean up the wreck of an economy that Bush left us with. (I just threw that in since you seem to like wild over-generalization and over-simplifications when you're not just outright lying).

Bush left a mess for sure, Clinton got the ball rolling on the recession however in multiple ways. Junior was just left holding the bag when it exploded so of course he's going to get 100% of the blame.
However here's what gets me, how many more terms does Obama need to have in office before he's a tiny bit responsible? As for your fact check bullshit on the messiah's promises, when you put things like the cost of college as a win in Obama's book and something he's fulfilled as a campaign promise among others, make sure it's true. College tuitions certainly aren't going down.

Both parties suck, Republicans would spend us into bankruptcy at a slightly smaller rate than the Democrats yet either way we're not following the Constitution at all.

Instead of pissing all over the document that makes this country great perhaps we should start honoring the fucking thing.

40. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Oct 1, 2013, 08:55 Redmask

Yeah except for that whole salvaging an entire economy thing after the mess your favorite left behind. You get the blame for that too since you brought it up, all your fault.

39. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 30, 2013, 23:55 Wowbagger_TIP

38. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 30, 2013, 23:27 HorrorScope

Zero? How about the affordable health care plan? I know many may hate it, even if they don't really know how it's all going to play out. But that is only something congress has talked about since the mid-80's and never got anything done. So in those first two years, that was a pretty big deal. Then oh lets not forget the crash of 2008 a couple months into presidency, that little thing took up a gob of time.

37. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 30, 2013, 22:51 RollinThundr

36. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 30, 2013, 21:07 Redmask

RollinThundr wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 18:45:
You care yet he get's a pass. Nixon get's impeached for bugging a couple offices. Obama's reading your phone records with his cronies Reid and Feinstine. It's amazing how far this country has gone down the shitter.

That was sarcasm. If this country is going down the shitter then you have no one to blame but yourself.

35. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 30, 2013, 20:08 HorrorScope

34. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 30, 2013, 19:59 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 07:28:
It's also funny for all the promises Obama made during campaign mode. He's fulfilled zero of them. Oh wait he's still in campaign mode? Halfway through his 2nd term? You don't say?
You're lying.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/

Axis wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 07:53:
Yes Obama/dems stole the idea and made it into a FEDERAL monster in disguise with the purpose of single-payer -- Obama's ultimate goal. Just do s simple comparison search and you'll find many significant differences, none of which should have been implemented state-wide.
If you can't even do your own homework, why do you expect anyone to care about the crap you're spewing?

33. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 30, 2013, 18:49 Mad Max RW

RollinThundr wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 18:45:
Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 18:35:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 16:35:
Redmask wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 10:11:

It's also funny for all the promises Obama made during campaign mode. He's fulfilled zero of them. Oh wait he's still in campaign mode? Halfway through his 2nd term? You don't say?

I care about Obamas campaign promises because I'm not a secret republican looking to score an evictory on the internet.

Smaller government, rahrahrah! More like hahaha.

You care yet he get's a pass. Nixon get's impeached for bugging a couple offices. Obama's reading your phone records with his cronies Reid and Feinstine. It's amazing how far this country has gone down the shitter.

The only explanation is the liberal dominated media is in the tank for Obama and voters in general have such low standards for Democrats they can get away with murder and nobody cares. The same children here claiming "WAKE UP PEOPLE IT'S BOTH PARTIES!! LOOK AT ME I GET IT! CORPORATIONS! BANKS! JEWS!" won't be able to get in line and vote for Hillary fast enough come 2016. Fucking hypocrites.

To be fair, I'd obviously label myself conservative at least fiscally. And even I can't stand either party. At this rate it's either start voting for the libertarians or give up completely.

I gave up in 2000. That was my breaking point for the pointlessness of elections. Seeing a new generation of voters argue now only amuses me.

32. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 30, 2013, 18:45 RollinThundr

Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 18:35:

I care about Obamas campaign promises because I'm not a secret republican looking to score an evictory on the internet.

The only explanation is the liberal dominated media is in the tank for Obama and voters in general have such low standards for Democrats they can get away with murder and nobody cares. The same children here claiming "WAKE UP PEOPLE IT'S BOTH PARTIES!! LOOK AT ME I GET IT! CORPORATIONS! BANKS! JEWS!" won't be able to get in line and vote for Hillary fast enough come 2016. Fucking hypocrites.

To be fair, I'd obviously label myself conservative at least fiscally. And even I can't stand either party. At this rate it's either start voting for the libertarians or give up completely.

31. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 30, 2013, 18:35 Mad Max RW

30. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 30, 2013, 16:35 RollinThundr

29. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 30, 2013, 12:59 NegaDeath

Would you guys just make out and get it over with?  

48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo