Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

The last Breaking Bad is upon us, a source of both joy and pain. We've been keeping this season's episodes in the DVR for a re-viewing, and now it turns out we are replacing that DVR tomorrow, so if we want to take advantage of our little archive, it will have to be an all-nighter. Oh well, nothing about that deters our excitement for the finale.

Final Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Monster Town Defense.
Media: Lame and Horrible Video Game Endings - third edition.
Jaguar Attacks Crocodile.
Creepiest PSA of all time.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2013, 14:08 Dmitri_M

Quboid wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 19:14:
Dmitri_M wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 19:07:
I just finished watching seasons 1 - 5 of Breaking bad the past 2 weeks. I am about as prepped as I can be for the finale.

Half way through season 2 ... I'm going to have to disconnect my internets and switch off my telephone.

Yeah for me it was a case of revision as I've been watching since the series started. It makes for a helluva 60 hour movie though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2013, 03:40 shul

Spoilers

Great ending to a great series. I hope all series are like that.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2013, 00:50 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 17:32:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 17:04:
So what do you dumbos think about that Lions game? Pickin the Bears.. Pshh.

Heh, oh please, Seph. Anyone get can lucky once in a while. Stupid Bengals and stupid Ravens and stupid Bears were not supposed to lose.

Furious2

Haha I was deep into victory beers when I wrote that. But yeah it was a great game, I think everybody knew it would be. My friends and I we we're the only Lions fans in our row, lots of orange out there. Chicago fans got shut up pretty early though, and then left in packs during the 3rd. Ended up being closer at the end than most of them probably expected.

Reggie and the defense tore it up and we kept the flags to what, two? That's a miracle.

16. Re: DVRs Sep 29, 2013, 20:03 Ant

Blue: Can't save/export to another HDD? Or swap the HDD?  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2013, 19:59 nin

I just finished watching seasons 1 - 5 of Breaking bad the past 2 weeks. I am about as prepped as I can be for the finale.

Half way through season 2 ... I'm going to have to disconnect my internets and switch off my telephone.

You and me both...(speaking of the internet and spoilers) I was so pissed on GTA5 launch when I did a search for "GTA mic" (for a microphone issue I was having on my headset) and potentially got the end of the game spoiled, as one of the characters is named Michael.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

14. Re: Into the Black Sep 29, 2013, 19:48 NegaDeath

Been marathoning it here up to the most recent episodes they've got playing right this moment. My jaw has dropped so much in the last 2 hours its starting to hurt.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2013, 19:14 Quboid

- Quboid

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2013, 19:10 Cutter

Wow, Denver is for real aren't they. Barring any major incidents I think I'll call them early for the Superbowl this year. Peyton is just a machine right now.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2013, 19:07 Dmitri_M

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2013, 18:09 Mr. Tact

Yeah, I picked the Bears. I also picked the Cardinals.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2013, 17:52 Quboid

Quboid wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 10:59:
I'm about a third of the way through season 2 of a little show called Breaking Bad, you guys should check it out.

HOLY SHITBALLS THE TURTLE!

- Quboid

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2013, 17:32 Cutter

Heh, oh please, Seph. Anyone get can lucky once in a while. Stupid Bengals and stupid Ravens and stupid Bears were not supposed to lose.

Furious2

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2013, 17:04 Sepharo

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2013, 14:41 xXBatmanXx

dj LiTh wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 12:45:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 11:55:
Dexter is over.....weird ending.....

SST: I think they left it open knowing that it can always be brought back.....use his son for a story arc, etc etc etc

Bad ending to a horrible season for a great show. Apparently the show was suppose to end last season but at the last minute a rewrite went forth and all the actors were really pissed off about it. It really shows in the last season, how lazy the writing became.

As for DVR'ing, since i live over here in europe i've takin it upon myself to build a pretty awesome digital collection. Almost filled up two 3tb drives with over 110 series (over 6000 episodes) and 350+ movies, most are all HD quality. Got it all running with a XBMC interface plugged into the tv from a laptop (streamed cat5e from my desktop). Works out splendidly!

Yea about half way through he episode it just went weird and quick. It was not finished well...

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2013, 14:27 EvilGrouse

AMC is showing the final season all day today. They've been running them all in order since Wednesday.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2013, 12:45 dj LiTh

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 11:55:

SST: I think they left it open knowing that it can always be brought back.....use his son for a story arc, etc etc etc

Bad ending to a horrible season for a great show. Apparently the show was suppose to end last season but at the last minute a rewrite went forth and all the actors were really pissed off about it. It really shows in the last season, how lazy the writing became.

As for DVR'ing, since i live over here in europe i've takin it upon myself to build a pretty awesome digital collection. Almost filled up two 3tb drives with over 110 series (over 6000 episodes) and 350+ movies, most are all HD quality. Got it all running with a XBMC interface plugged into the tv from a laptop (streamed cat5e from my desktop). Works out splendidly!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2013, 12:28 nin

now it turns out we are replacing that DVR tomorrow, so if we want to take advantage of our little archive, it will have to be an all-nighter. Oh well, nothing about that deters our excitement for the finale.

It's on disc in November. I'm about to start my entire run of watching (think I've only seen 3 seasons?), as soon as I wrap up Boardwalk Empire s3 (another outstanding show).

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2013, 11:55 xXBatmanXx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2013, 10:59 Quboid

I'm about a third of the way through season 2 of a little show called Breaking Bad, you guys should check it out.  

- Quboid

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo