Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New Frictional Game Tease

The Frictional Games Website seems to indicate the Penumbra and Amnesia developer is up to something new, as they list a "super secret project" with a link to the Next Frictional Game website that was used to tease and reveal Amnesia: The Dark Descent. There's not much to go by at this point, as the page displays a deliberate malfunction. Thanks MajorD.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: New Frictional Game Tease Sep 29, 2013, 15:08 Zanderat1

Fletch wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 04:24:
Xil wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 00:53:
I am thinking systemshock right away Although I know it was not so high on horror but still !
SS scared the shit out of me, so I'd call it horror.

I know they didn't actually develop AMFP, but I'll be checking out reviews and LPs before I buy another game with their name on it. TDD was great, but I thought AMFP was terrible.
I thoroughly enjoyed AMFP. Amnesia is about atmosphere and story telling and it had those is spades.

I guess that the only one who liked and enjoyed AMFP! Lol!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: New Frictional Game Tease Sep 29, 2013, 08:24 El Pit

System Shock? No, that's not their genre. Frictional is more into games where all you can do is run and hide, not really act and do something vs. your opponents. So, I'd love to see another System Shock or some kind of "reboot", but not by Frictional. I like my horror games, but only if I can challenge the bad guys/evil force.  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

3. Re: New Frictional Game Tease Sep 29, 2013, 04:24 Fletch

Xil wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 00:53:
I am thinking systemshock right away Although I know it was not so high on horror but still !
SS scared the shit out of me, so I'd call it horror.

I know they didn't actually develop AMFP, but I'll be checking out reviews and LPs before I buy another game with their name on it. TDD was great, but I thought AMFP was terrible.

2. Re: New Frictional Game Tease Sep 29, 2013, 00:53 Xil

Dmitri_M wrote on Sep 28, 2013, 18:20:
These guys doing a horror game in a sci fi setting? Could be very good.

1. Re: New Frictional Game Tease Sep 28, 2013, 18:20 Dmitri_M

These guys doing a horror game in a sci fi setting? Could be very good.  

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo