Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Interviews

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 29, 2013, 10:17 Quboid

If it's Dead Island with Day-Z influences, I'd be very interested. Everything wrong with Dead Island is when they did the opposite of what games like Day-Z do in terms of atmosphere, pacing and subtlety.  

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 29, 2013, 09:53 Redmask

Or maybe Dead Island was just a very average game that finds people divided as the critics were.  

20. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 29, 2013, 08:30 netnerd85

Prez wrote on Sep 28, 2013, 18:31:
Wow lots of negativity. I must have peculiar tastes - I finish games maybe around a quarter of the time but Dead Island and Riptide I played through twice and loved it. Anyway, while 'Dying Light' indeed looks like Dead Island 2 whatever they claim that floats my boat just fine.
Maybe you're just not a bitch? You need to be a massive bitch to comment on the internet these days and you can't enjoy ANYTHING. Ever.

Dead Island pisses me off so much, but I enjoy playing it Co-Op with my partner. There is something about Dead Island I really like, we're still slowly playing through Rip Tide at the moment. Can't wait for Hellraid as well... Techland are on a roll.

19. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 29, 2013, 08:26 netnerd85

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 28, 2013, 12:09:
We acknowledge and thank you for paying to play our previous alpha and beta versions to help our team reach its goal to finally develop our AAA idea. Honestly.

That's how it read in my mind.

"Hey, Listen!", this is how ALL development works. Especially in game development. Incremental development. It's how you're able to pay such low prices for software. It's how the world works baby.

/Signed with love and peace, a software developer.

18. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 29, 2013, 01:06 LittleMe

After watching the video, yes it does look like DI 2.0. I'm okay with that. Not excited, but okay... Presuming it will have a console UI, a locked 'living room experience' FOV, no modding, etc.. But it will be a fun throw away game, I hope.

Perpetual debt is slavery.

17. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 28, 2013, 20:06 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 28, 2013, 19:42:
Prez, I call dibs on your Steam account, btw I have about 100 Railroad Sim addon coupons if ya want em

Me too, it's getting stupid we can't delete these things. I've already written them and asked for that.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

16. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 28, 2013, 19:42 The Half Elf

Prez, I call dibs on your Steam account, btw I have about 100 Railroad Sim addon coupons if ya want em  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

15. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 28, 2013, 19:40 Prez

LOL @ MoreLuckthanSkill. If you think that's weird, you should know I actually thought Duke Nukem Forever was decent.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

14. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 28, 2013, 19:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Prez wrote on Sep 28, 2013, 18:31:
Wow lots of negativity. I must have peculiar tastes - I finish games maybe around a quarter of the time but Dead Island and Riptide I played through twice and loved it. Anyway, while 'Dying Light' indeed looks like Dead Island 2 whatever they claim that floats my boat just fine.

Wow, you played through BOTH of them, twice?! That is a Herculean task there, Prez. I probably had 20,000 kills in Dead Island on one playthrough, with only minor backtracking. That was almost too much jump-kicking/headstomping/shooting/hacking etc. for my sanity. I don't know whether to applaud you or have you sent to the looney bin.

13. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 28, 2013, 18:31 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

12. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 28, 2013, 18:08 HorrorScope

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 28, 2013, 12:09:
We acknowledge and thank you for paying to play our previous alpha and beta versions to help our team reach its goal to finally develop our AAA idea. Honestly.

That's how it read in my mind.

Most had to start somewhere. Always look forward to what followups from new starts are like, experience and money for round 2.

11. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 28, 2013, 17:09 Acleacius

They just wanted to get away from the licensing fees and bad story/acting of Dead Island *hopefully*. I'm just hoping it's more Dead Island than Riptide, though I did like the idea of the gameplay additions of Base Defense and boats. Let's just hope their *AAA aspirations* include a real writer and voice talent.

Too bad techland didn't have enough sense to make their CoJ games open world. I've never played Red Dead, since it's on console. By the sounds of it, proves open world westerns are not dead. I really enjoyed the concept of GUN, but it was mostly butchered by console gameplay design.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

10. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 28, 2013, 16:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dead Island 2.0? Sold. I bought Dead Island on sale for like 5 bucks, it was extremely entertaining at first, then gradually got excessively grindy and hampered by game mechanics, namely having to repair weapons every 3 seconds. I finished it thoroughly sick of the game, and uninstalled.

That said, the few Dying Light videos I've seen looked pretty sweet, and some minor tweaks to DI gameplay could make Dying Light awesome, imo. Definitely a sale purchase, possibly full price depending on further info. Even though zombies are completely overused in media.

9. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 28, 2013, 15:49 siapnar

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 28, 2013, 15:05:
Dead Island is/was a cool concept that suffered through implementation. If they come up with another iteration of the idea that is more refined and user-friendly, I'm all for it.
I agree, and hopefully Dying Light is that refined edition.

Sure looks to improve on the concept in many ways. It does seem very similar, though

I have projectile dysfunction.

8. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 28, 2013, 15:05 jacobvandy

Dead Island is/was a cool concept that suffered through implementation. If they come up with another iteration of the idea that is more refined and user-friendly, I'm all for it.  

7. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 28, 2013, 15:05 Redmask

nin wrote on Sep 28, 2013, 14:18:
Sure looks like another Dead Island. After watching a video, I no longer have any interest.

Same here, it looks remarkably similar to Dead Island in many ways already.

6. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 28, 2013, 14:45 Acleacius

It better be moddable, bikini clad babes, heads and all Pimp  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

5. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 28, 2013, 14:27 Cutter

Yes, yes it is. Zombie games are boring. If you're going fantasy may as well go all the way and throw in all kinds of other monsters to make is crazy scary/fun.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

4. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 28, 2013, 14:18 nin

Sure looks like another Dead Island. After watching a video, I no longer have any interest.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

3. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 28, 2013, 14:08 El Pit

I thought that Riptide was a very weak sequel to Dead Island. I like Dead Island a lot, but Riptide felt like a rushed ripoff to quickly make some $$$.  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo