Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend

Steam news announces that Dead Island: Riptide is now on sale for 66% off, coinciding with a free weekend where you can shoot zombies without taking out your wallet:

Play Dead Island: Riptide for FREE now through Sunday at 1PM Pacific Time! Additionally, you can pickup the full game at 66% off as part of this week's Weekend Deal*!

Dead Island Riptide takes players to the island of Palanai on the Banoi archipelago, infested with bloodthirsty Zombies and only a few remaining Survivors still fighting for their lives. Introducing new terrifying enemies, deadly weapons, a new playable character and much more, Dead Island Riptide will draw players back into a world that has grown corrupt - with the last rays of hope vanishing in rising tides.

View
40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

40. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 29, 2013, 18:45 Ant

Dang it. I missed it!  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

39. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 28, 2013, 17:42 xXBatmanXx

WOW!. What in the world is going on........I missed a mess....  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

38. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 28, 2013, 10:49 Numinar

Yeah! Please check this out! I have some skin in this game!

And most the criticism is valid either way, but try for free before you buy (with some buds!), no harm done! There is nothing quite like it other than the original, which is very much like it. Whatever else it has against it, cookie cutter clone is not one of them outside it's own franchise.

edit:And for gods sake, use a controller and the analogue combat system.

37. removed Sep 27, 2013, 23:46 Redmask

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 28, 2013, 09:11.

36. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 27, 2013, 21:28 Prez

Riptide was like a huge expansion for the original Dead Island. I loved the original, so that was a plus for me. Really enjoyed it despite no major upgrades to speak of (and an equally shitty ending).  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

35. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 27, 2013, 21:24 MUGWUMP

Thankfully anyone with steam can download and try the game for free tonight, so this whole argument is moot.  

34. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 27, 2013, 19:27 HorrorScope

Orogogus wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 17:15:
I don't know if this is a board secret or anything, but Darks is really, really big on co-op play. I'm sure he considers other factors, but I think 95% of the time if a game doesn't have co-op play it goes straight in the "dismiss" pile, and if it has it he'll defend it in the face of the entire Internet.

I'm huge on coop, but still enjoy single player. IMO a lot of SP games could be better if Coop was an option as well.

33. removed Sep 27, 2013, 19:25 HorrorScope

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 28, 2013, 09:06.

32. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 27, 2013, 18:48 Jivaro

fair enough, I will shut up  

31. removed Sep 27, 2013, 18:45 The Half Elf

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 28, 2013, 09:06.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

30. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 27, 2013, 18:35 Jivaro

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 18:33:
How about you both STFU, your both pretty, just put on your big girl panties and put in your tampons.

You think I'm purty?! Clown

29. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 27, 2013, 18:33 The Half Elf

How about you both STFU, your both pretty, just put on your big girl panties and put in your tampons.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

28. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 27, 2013, 18:10 Jivaro

Darks wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 17:48:
And that's a bullshit line Jivaro, I could care less what you all play.
And yet you cared enough to not just reply, but attack me when doing so.

My argument is about the pricing and how many of you swing on both sides of the fence when it suits your cause. Many of you sit here and claim pricing is everything, so when a game does go one sale for a very reasonable price and someone then calls you out because you are now bitching about the price. Well that just makes many of you look stupid and like your trolling. That was my complaint
I have never complained about game prices as a whole and lumping me into a whatever group of people you are referring to that have is irrational and inaccurate. I made an obvious, and rather innocent, joke about the game's quality. Nothing more, nothing less. I have certainly never claimed that pricing is everything.

Otherwise I could care less if you jumped off a cliff.
Kill myself? Really? None of this seems at all like overreacting to you?

wow.

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 2013, 18:24.

27. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 27, 2013, 18:09 Acleacius

Ridtide isn't as good imo, Techland made it much LESS moddable. All in all $16 a good price, with the dlc, especially for a Coop Zombie RPG lite.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

26. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 27, 2013, 18:01 The Half Elf

If you haven't bought the game already, wait another few months for the Steam Xmas Sale and it'll probably be 5 bucks.

OR wait until Steam does a free weekend, play it for free then decide... oh wait..

25. removed Sep 27, 2013, 17:48 Darks

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 28, 2013, 09:11.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

24. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 27, 2013, 17:29 El Pit

I liked Dead Island very much, but Riptide was a lackluster sequel. The island and the story of the original game were much better imo.

This comment was edited on Sep 28, 2013, 12:17.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

23. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 27, 2013, 17:15 Orogogus

Jivaro wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 15:25:
I thought the A:CM thing was a one game thing, apparently your whole attitude is that if you like a game everyone else must like it or there is something wrong with them. It is like history is repeating itself or something...

I don't know if this is a board secret or anything, but Darks is really, really big on co-op play. I'm sure he considers other factors, but I think 95% of the time if a game doesn't have co-op play it goes straight in the "dismiss" pile, and if it has it he'll defend it in the face of the entire Internet.

22. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 27, 2013, 17:09 PHJF

Riptide is probably the laziest sequel/followup/whateveritis

This is pretty much true.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

21. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 27, 2013, 16:19 PropheT

Verno wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 14:08:
So getting back on topic, what are these changes and enhancements from the original? I ask because I recall many saying it was heavily derivative, to the point where it even shares many of the same bugs.

I don't normally even bitch about DLC, but they released Riptide with the same character models and same skins as DI and then charged extra for new outfits to people who bought Riptide.

Riptide is probably the laziest sequel/followup/whateveritis that I've ever played and it's one of the few games I regret buying. It is exactly the same game as Dead Island with a new character on a different island, and I don't mean it just plays or looks the same...it actually -is- the same game. It's an expansion pack that's not marketed as one.

It's a continuation of the story from Dead Island, which is the only reason to play Riptide. Anyone dying to know what happens to the throwaway, unlikable characters from DI will probably be happy with it.

40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo