Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Planetary Annihilation Beta Begins

The Planetary Annihilation Kickstarter Page has word this next-generation RTS game from Uber Entertainment has entered the beta testing phase, so backers eligible to participate should be receiving their invites, and those already in the alpha should get the beta version the next time they update their clients (thanks Colin). Here's word on the enjoyment this brings: "Enjoy strapping rockets to asteroids and sending them on a crash course into the planets. Enjoy orbital weapons and surveillance. Enjoy launching tanks, bots, and other vehicles onto celestial bodies. Enjoy waging war on an interplanetary scale." They celebrate the news with a new Beta Reveal Trailer.

View
16. Re: Planetary Annihilation Beta Begins Sep 28, 2013, 10:06 Kalthorn

Creston wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 10:59:
One thing that did have me a bit worried, though, was that the units seem to all clump up and be idiots when they move, as opposed to the neat movement in formation from the SupCom series. Can anyone with early access confirm whether or not those formations are in there? And how's the UI? As utterly BRILLIANT as SupComs?

I haven't played the newest patch but there haven't been formations so far. I think they are confirmed as a feature though. Overall the UI is great. Been awhile since I've played SupCom but this feels the same plus a little streamlined. The building menu has group hotkeys so you can quickly filter the icons/choices by type such as factory, defense, econ. The shift overlay for queued commands doesn't show paths (yet?) which I've missed (even though it could be confusing) but it may be coming. But lots of other bits work perfectly like factory waypoints and patrolling.

For everyone else wondering about idiots and pricing, meh, it's just a matter of priorities versus budget. Some of you probably buy and play a lot of games. Me not so much but I can afford to. So when the next SupCom appears and I can play *now* and support the dev team as well (somehow missed the KS campaign or the graphics threw me), it's a fairly easy decision.

I've never even wanted the interplanetary features either although that may change after I play with them. I just like the fact that there's no way to corner turtle. The generated terrain can really make for some interesting battles too. My only wish at this point (assuming they keep patching and polishing as well as they have been) is that Stealth gets modded in after release. I had sort of assumed it was on the official plan.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Sep 27, 10:08 Re: Planetary Annihilation Beta Begins InBlack
  2. Sep 27, 10:09  Re: Planetary Annihilation Beta Begins fawker
  4. Sep 27, 10:27   Re: Planetary Annihilation Beta Begins Darks
  6. Sep 27, 10:30   Re: Planetary Annihilation Beta Begins SpectralMeat
  3. Sep 27, 10:13  Re: Planetary Annihilation Beta Begins Dmitri_M
  5. Sep 27, 10:27   Re: Planetary Annihilation Beta Begins Whiskers
  7. Sep 27, 10:59 Re: Planetary Annihilation Beta Begins Creston
  8. Sep 27, 13:31  Re: Planetary Annihilation Beta Begins Suppa7
  9. Sep 27, 14:07   Re: Planetary Annihilation Beta Begins mag
  10. Sep 27, 14:21   Re: Planetary Annihilation Beta Begins KS