Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Detailed

WBIE announces details on a Season Pass for Batman: Arkham Origins, which includes a batch of DLC at a bulk discount. Here's the plan, which features pricing in British currency:

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced the Season Pass for Batman ™ : Arkham Origins , this Autumn’s highly-anticipated installment to the best-selling Batman Arkham videogame franchise . The Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass (for PlayStation®3 system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Wii U™ system or PC) will be available at launch for £15.99 (£27.99 value) and grants purchasers access to five of the game’s upcoming downloadable content packs, one of which includes two exclusive skins.

Players who purchase or pre-order the pass will gain access to the following content:

• Gotham by Gaslight Batman™ Skin and Brightest Day Batman™ Skin
  • New Millennium Skins Pack
  • Infinite Earths Skins Pack
  • Arkham Origins Initiation: Play as Bruce Wayne before he became Batman™, and face his final test to prove himself worthy to his greatest teacher, Kirigi.
  • An all-new story campaign

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Detailed Sep 27, 2013, 15:38 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 07:23:
Arkham City filled my Batman quota for awhile. It's controls were very busy and annoying, particularly if you wanted to fully utilize all of the mechanics. The story was...it was a Batman game I guess. Flying around Arkham got old fast for me and most of the side content was collection crap. I'm not in any rush to see this, maybe on a steam sale.

Finished my second playthrough today. I think the controls are almost as good as they can be. The only reason flying around AC got a tad boring was because the area really wasn't that big. I'm not sure about the size of AO but I guess it'll be much bigger.

I'm really looking forward to it. I think the Arkham series are absolutely fantastic. I don't know any game of the genre that has combat that feels remotely as satisfying, and the graphics are pure eyecandy. Maybe the riddler puzzles are a bit too much involved in the game, but other than that I can't find much to complain about.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Detailed Sep 27, 2013, 09:21 Verno

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 08:26:
If you get a game for a kid these days, do not expect it to end there, they need all the expansion packs these days, unending money drain.

We have a saying in our house when our daughter becomes too entitled - don't be upset, that's what you get. If she's lucky enough to get a game and then whines about not getting something else it's usually a long time before she gets another game and we explain why.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

11. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Detailed Sep 27, 2013, 09:14 Rhino

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 08:26:
If you get a game for a kid these days, do not expect it to end there, they need all the expansion packs these days, unending money drain.

That depends upon the kid, and especially the parents. I have one (well... three, but two of those are toddler and infant while the other is late teens) who will go along without any of the DLC, or at least without expecting US to buy any of it. There may be a desire for it, but neither a need nor the expectation of a purchase. Not to mention that there is a full understanding of "you don't always get what you want."

Bear in mind that I don't mean to imply that there is anything wrong with parents who DO buy every piece of DLC for their kids; just the suggestion that somehow the purchases have anything other to do with any factor other than the willingness of the parents.

So no, I don't necessarily EXPECT it to end at the game's purchase, but neither am I overly concerned about future expenditures as relinquishing to those requests for expansions and DLC would be my own doing.

-

10. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Detailed Sep 27, 2013, 08:26 Ozmodan

9. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Detailed Sep 27, 2013, 07:23 Redmask

Arkham City filled my Batman quota for awhile. It's controls were very busy and annoying, particularly if you wanted to fully utilize all of the mechanics. The story was...it was a Batman game I guess. Flying around Arkham got old fast for me and most of the side content was collection crap. I'm not in any rush to see this, maybe on a steam sale.  

8. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Detailed Sep 27, 2013, 02:56 El Pit

When it comes to DLCs, I only care about storydriven singleplayer add-ons. Keep your skins, multiplayer, and battle arenas.  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

7. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Detailed Sep 27, 2013, 00:19 Cutter

Yeah, the challenge maps hold zero interest for me anyway. The skins on the other hand....

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

6. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Detailed Sep 26, 2013, 23:23 Prez

No 'season pass' for me (that is such a stupid term. A game isn't a TV show or sport). All I want is the new story and I'll buy that alone.

Sorry Blue!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Detailed Sep 26, 2013, 23:22 Prez

No 'season pass' for me (that is such a stupid term. A game isn't a TV show or sport). All I want is the new story and I'll buy that alone.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Detailed Sep 26, 2013, 21:59 nin

Jivaro wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 21:53:
You are double posting Blue.
Jivaro wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 21:53:

Same as it ever was...

Same as it ever was...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

3. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Detailed Sep 26, 2013, 21:53 Jivaro

2. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Detailed Sep 26, 2013, 21:53 Jivaro

1. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Detailed Sep 26, 2013, 21:13 DangerDog

Joker is at work again, double news post.  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo