Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

X Rebirth Trading Trailer

A new trailer is now available from X Rebirth, the upcoming installment in EGOSOFT's X series of space simulation games. The clip shows how trading and mining work in the game's complex economy. The clip includes developer commentary, explaining the difference between simple item trading and the more complex trade and transport of large quantities of goods, which is a separate game system. This is also accompanied by this text primer on the topic:

Sharon, MA, September 26, 2013 - All X games have been created to provide players an open sandbox experience with multiple levels of gameplay elements. Among the most significant is a fully simulated and realistic economy. X Rebirth takes advantage of the wealth of experience derived from the prior X games to create a trading experience that is completely immersive. Today we are pleased to present a trade video that delves into some of the trading, building and resource management aspects players can expect from the X Rebirth economy.

Like any economy, supply, demand and animal spirits are the main drivers. In the trade world of X Rebirth, countless variables impact each of these factors. Prices and the economy can and will be influenced by pirates, warring factions disrupting supply routes, broken station power units, shot-down freighters, good relations with merchants, and the list goes on... For example, if a player directs his aggression at a freighter, he can be sure that his action will make prices rise or delay production elsewhere.

Upon first entering the X Rebirth universe, players will find the scale of their trading operations limited by their cargo hold. However, from the start the player will have a very impressive and easy to use personalized trade system. In time, and if the player chooses to take the path of building a major trading presence, the player’s trading activities will reflect the fleet of freighters acquired and the stations and factories built. Even those players who prefer to immerse themselves primarily in action-laden space battles will find that their actions influence the economy.

It bears noting that utilizing the streamlined trade management system allows the player to direct freighters to collect or sell goods, and stations and manufacturing facilities to manage resources and production. The ships and facilities will then perform their missions and tasks autonomously, while the player can attend to other tasks such as finding new resources and trading opportunities.

Finding new resources is among the more important elements in a player’s economic gameplay and this is also explored in today's video. Mining is facilitated by special drones which are designed to analyze and exploit asteroids.

View
43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

23. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 18:43 Parias

Quboid wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 17:46:
I think the community is worried about it being watered down by multiplayer - it's a big game and Egosoft's attention is needed in many places. Going by their previous games, the last thing they need is even more scope and while some sort of multiplayer would be cool, I'm glad they're not stretching themselves any further.

It doesn't necessarily have to be watered down though - just give us the same experience we already have, but with the ability to do it with a friend co-operatively. I know a couple of people where that would make this an instant sale.

Instead, they'll end up waiting for Star Citizen.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 18:11 BobBob

The only space game that held my attention longer than a few days was Freelancer. Most just get extremely boring, repetitive, and vacuous. Freelancer got the same way, it just took a little longer.  

21. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 17:47 Wolfox

Yeah, this is easily my most expected game right now. I have preordered it already, and I can't wait to get to play it. November 15th won't come fast enough.  

20. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 17:46 Quboid

This interface looks better than the previous X games and supposedly making it easier to get into for newbies is something they're aiming for. We'll see. It could be a hell of a game but I'll wait for reviews ... I've told myself that before but I mean it this time!

I think the community is worried about it being watered down by multiplayer - it's a big game and Egosoft's attention is needed in many places. Going by their previous games, the last thing they need is even more scope and while some sort of multiplayer would be cool, I'm glad they're not stretching themselves any further.

- Quboid

19. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 17:40 dj LiTh

MajorD wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 17:00:
So, being totally new to this franchise, I have questions. Can you fly to and land on the near by planets seen in the video, or is it strictly flying around in space to different stations? May be a dumb question, but IDFK.

I'm not all that upto date on the latest info, but in all past X games, no, they are just pretty pictures with no interaction (planets i mean). Although atleast with past x games, they are incredibly indepth, especially with its modding community (probably my favorite modding community for a game).

18. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 17:37 Wolfox

MajorD wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 17:00:
So, being totally new to this franchise, I have questions. Can you fly to and land on the near by planets seen in the video, or is it strictly flying around in space to different stations? May be a dumb question, but IDFK.

No, no flying into planets. You can try to, but you'll burn into the atmosphere. At least that's what I remember Egosoft saying in the AMA they did a while ago on Reddit.

And I'd argue the game doesn't really need it. If that's something you want, you can try Evochron Mercenary, which allows you to do that.

17. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 17:37 Parias

Bard wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 16:21:
I'd really love to play this game with a friend or two.

Not talking about massively multiplayer or even dedicated server. Just the ability to be in the same game as a friend and work together.

As would I - but for some bizarre reason the community is vehemently against any kind of multiplayer for the franchise.

16. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 17:00 MajorD

15. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 16:46 yuastnav

Mhm, some nice ideas but I'm not sure whether I like the user interface.
I miss the submenus.

Oh well, I will play the game anyway, already preordered when preorders opened.

I'm also happy that they use the same voice actress for the computer voice, at least I think it's the same one. Or someone who sounds really similar.

14. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 16:26 ASeven

Creston wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 15:12:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!! I'm so fucking excited for this game. MY GAME!

Mine too.

MINEMINEMINEMINE!

13. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 16:21 Bard

I'd really love to play this game with a friend or two.

Not talking about massively multiplayer or even dedicated server. Just the ability to be in the same game as a friend and work together.

12. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 16:10 Bhruic

This is the game I'm looking forward to the most right now. I'm really crossing my fingers that it's as good as it's made out to be!  

11. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 16:06 Frijoles

Creston wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 15:34:
One more sale for Egosoft. They deserve it.

And another. Had no real interest, saw the trailer, saw the coupon. Ugg. Damn my game ADD. I already have too many games.

10. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 15:54 Cutter

Yeah, but what if I want to work as a cargo loader or even a janitor on a capital ship? I don't want to be stuck in one little ship. I want to wander around something the size of Red Dwarf. Yes, there will be times I want to be Ace Rimmer, but other times I just want to smegging explore a capital ship. And besides, me and Slim are going to form a janitor's union and sit around in the break room having coffee and discussing all things janitorial.

At least the upside is not having to continually pay for everything all the time like you'll have to in Star Citizen.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

9. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 15:42 MajorD

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 15:36:
Lots of excitement around this title.
Hope it will be gentle with new comers as I've never played any of the X games before, but this one looks very interesting.

I haven't either, but this one has me very much intrigued.

8. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 15:36 SpectralMeat

Lots of excitement around this title.
Hope it will be gentle with new comers as I've never played any of the X games before, but this one looks very interesting.

Steam: SpectralMeat

7. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 15:34 Creston

dj LiTh wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 15:27:
Creston wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 15:24:
I think someone linked a 37.50 pre-order from GMG in today's OOTB.
Awesome, and damn you! Gonna have to bite on that one! Thanks Creston!

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 12:48:
So...guys, X-Rebirth is on for $37.50 on GMG, promokey: GMG25-J4B0D-FLH8M

One more sale for Egosoft. They deserve it.

6. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 15:29 Linksil

OMG this trading system seems sooo much better. I remember playing X3 and just spending hours and hours praying that the system was better/faster. Others didn't have problems with it, but I always had problems setting up trade routes for my ships.  
Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.

5. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 15:29 The Half Elf

Someone get a spray bottle of water for Creston and Ray STAT!  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 15:27 dj LiTh

Creston wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 15:24:
I think someone linked a 37.50 pre-order from GMG in today's OOTB.
Awesome, and damn you! Gonna have to bite on that one! Thanks Creston!

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 12:48:
So...guys, X-Rebirth is on for $37.50 on GMG, promokey: GMG25-J4B0D-FLH8M

43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo