Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access

Stainless Games announces an early access program for Carmageddon: Reincarnation, their upcoming road-rage revival. This is early notice on early access, as they say it won't actually launch until Q1 of next year, so just consider this advance warning. Here's word: "Once the Early Access programme launches, players will have the option to buy the game content at a variety of tiered prices, starting with the standard game package and leading up to a full package bundle that will include all DLC and all future released material at an all-inclusive price. (All the Kickstarter and Paypal Backers who pledged $15 or more for the game will receive the standard game package bundle for free, as that content is released.)." This prior notice gives everyone interested in a free copy of the game to participate in their Early Access Prize Drawing, where 99 winners will get the full Carmageddon: Reincarnation package as a reward for tweeting about this.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Sep 26, 2013, 19:59 killer_roach

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 18:08:
So excited for this. I backed it for 30 so got 2 copies and the other cool stuff between 15 and 30.

Original site here.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stainlessgames/carmageddon-reincarnation

That's what I backed it for as well. (At the time I backed, the GOG reward wasn't known yet, so I've gotten that as well as free versions for iOS and Android, so I'd consider that exceptional value for the money, despite the fact that they badly missed their initial release date.)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Sep 26, 2013, 18:08 xXBatmanXx

So excited for this. I backed it for 30 so got 2 copies and the other cool stuff between 15 and 30.

Original site here.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stainlessgames/carmageddon-reincarnation

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

16. Re: Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Sep 26, 2013, 16:56 Mad Max RW

Efflixi wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 16:07:
They admit they screwed up in a new email they just sent out. All previous backers will get ALL DLC and new content until the end of time. They won't have to pay more. Anyone who backed them for $15 (the minimum for the game) gets all the dlc they release free.

Not surprised by this at all. Nobby is a good guy and has always been good to his fanbase.

15. Re: Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Sep 26, 2013, 16:37 Bludd

We were promised the full game, and now they have realised that we should get the full game. Good move and a quick turn-around.  

14. Re: Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Sep 26, 2013, 16:08 nin

Efflixi wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 16:07:
They admit they screwed up in a new email they just sent out. All previous backers will get ALL DLC and new content until the end of time. They won't have to pay more. Anyone who backed them for $15 (the minimum for the game) gets all the dlc they release free.

Saw that - smart move.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13. Re: Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Sep 26, 2013, 16:07 Efflixi

12. Re: Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Sep 26, 2013, 15:08 PsychoMoggieBagpuss

Not too miffed about it (I was one of the backers who were in for a fair bit, currently waiting on my miniture eagle). There was no promise or commitment to provide any future DLC to backers, I just wanted the damn game made.
If it means we get another splat pack, then yeah I don't mind throwing down some more money for DLC. I don't automatically associate "update" with DLC, so again I don't see any broken promises (others view may vary, but lets be honest here, the days of things like the original UT'99 free multiplayer expansion packs are a long way behind us)
The tone of the updates is a very British type humour, so I can see why it would rub some up the wrong way. They've always been like that though since the early days. Nobby is awesome.

PMB / Shodan
http:/www.futilez

11. Re: Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Sep 26, 2013, 14:44 Dmitri_M

Tacky is exactly why I didn't back this
http://www.carmageddon.com/sites/default/files/blog/le-mans-1-large.jpg

10. Re: Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Sep 26, 2013, 14:07 Jivaro

lol..funny story..

I was reading your post just now Nin and I noticed that my wife was reading the thread over my shoulder as I started to type this response. She said, and I quote, "Well that explains it. You are okay with it because you are tacky and everyone else is pissed because they aren't. You have always been tacky."

So..um...yeah....what she said.

9. Re: Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Sep 26, 2013, 13:54 nin

Yeah, I can kind of see both sides of it, but I feel like it's kind of tacky to tell the people who funded your project that they're already looking at stuff to charge us for later. And I only gave $25 - If I was one of the $100 or over folks (almost 1200 people), I'd be seriously pissed right now.

And (like I posted there) they don't outline what the DLC will be - its it just car skins? Or extra cars? Or levels? We don't know. We're pretty much at the mercy of whatever they decide to give us, since the moneys already been given.

edit: Also the "tweet us to your friends" to have a chance to win everything is really tacky.

8. Re: Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Sep 26, 2013, 13:39 Jivaro

From the time I backed this I have thought that this is the way it would go down. It was my interpretation of what they wrote at the time. I just assumed that I would get the base game with my pledge but that if any extra content was added I would have to pay for it. I assumed that because I don't recall my pledge description saying anything about additional content being included even though they had said they would be releasing more content after the game was released.

That said;

"If we reach our Kickstarter target of $400,000, we'll be able to deliver the first release of Carmageddon: Reincarnation by February 2013. Following that, our backers will get every update of the game as it's released, for FREE. You get it all for the minimum “get the game” pledge of $15."

Now that I re-read it, with the comments you have linked, I see where the frustration is coming from. For me, I read that same paragraph at the time it was written and understood it differently. I am not going to pretend I don't see where the problem is though. Turning out to be quite the mess I guess. For me personally I have been, and continue to be, looking forward to the game. I can't realistically look at 15 bucks as somehow a "get everything for the rest of my life for free" amount of money. I do understand why some people thought that was the deal however.

7. Re: Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Sep 26, 2013, 13:30 nin

Jivaro wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 13:27:
how so?

DLC kind of got slid in under the radar. Read through some of the posts here.

6. Re: Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Sep 26, 2013, 13:27 Jivaro

how so?  

5. Re: Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Sep 26, 2013, 12:16 Cutter

Sounds like a gyp to me.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Sep 26, 2013, 11:19 Jivaro

InBlack wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 10:47:
Im guessing the FULL CARMAGEDDON REINCARNATION package will probably cost 50-60$ right? Right? Not everyone is nickle and diming gamers in this day and age, right? Right?

*crickets*

"Once the Early Access programme launches, players will have the option to buy the game content at a variety of tiered prices, starting with the standard game package and leading up to a full package bundle that will include all DLC and all future released material at an all-inclusive price."

Does that not answer your question? Not the exact amount but the part about being able to buy the game in full?

3. Re: Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Sep 26, 2013, 10:47 InBlack

Im guessing the FULL CARMAGEDDON REINCARNATION package will probably cost 50-60$ right? Right? Not everyone is nickle and diming gamers in this day and age, right? Right?

*crickets*

I have a nifty blue line!

2. Re: Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Sep 26, 2013, 09:52 Jivaro

Yeah, I have always kinda liked the quirkiness of their updates...but sometimes it is bit much. (in a an awkward and unclear sorta way)

That said...I am seriously jazzed for the release of this game. Can't wait.

1. Re: Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Sep 26, 2013, 09:38 nin

These guys seriously need a good PR person who knows how to communicate.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo