Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer

Square Enix and Eidos Montreal announce The Bank Heist for the upcoming THIEF reboot, a preorder bonus in-game mission that's an homage to the Bank mission in Thief II: The Metal Age. They offer this trailer showing off the mission and provide the following details:

THE BANK HEIST
As the Master Thief, infiltrate the City’s most secure location, Stonemarket First Bank, to steal a coveted family heirloom called the Star of Auldale. To this day, this heavily guarded and treacherous place remains impregnable, but that’s about to change…

• A challenging mission that will put your thieving skills to the test.
  • Outsmart security measures found exclusively in this mission
  • Search for the Bank’s unique loot and many other secrets
  • A true homage to the Bank mission in Thief II: The Metal Age.

THE BANK HEIST will be available for THIEF pre-orders made ahead of the February 25, 2014 launch.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 23:53 wonkawonka

Creston wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 13:33:
wonkawonka wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 09:01:
After the 15th death due to missing the proper path around 7 or 8 mutants in the 3rd hour of the game, I decided my time would be better spent playing a PC game.

Are you talking about the subway station? Why don't you just kill them? You don't HAVE to sneak around them. Pick up a brick, throw it somewhere, watch four clickers stand around it howling, throw a molotov at them. Bam, four dead clickers.

No, it's downtown in the buildings. At some point after the part where you learn about going around the lone clicker by throwing stuff, you reach another area where you start by a sneak kill. Then there are about 7 guys in the next few rooms, runners and clickers. Pain in the ass.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 15:49 MajorD

Cutter wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 13:05:
It's a console game plain and simple. You can't even jump for crissake! I may pick it up when it hits 5 bucks on Steam, maybe, but otherwise no.

Yeah, so far it 'looks & sounds' like they pretty much ruined the franchise, and what pisses me off is that they use the excuse that "it is not a sequel, but a 'reboot' of the franchise". Yeah whatever, GFY!!!

24. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 15:17 Jivaro

Looks like an entertaining game I might pick up if the reviews are good. probably not until a good sale though.

It does not however look anything like a Thief game. I have no idea why they don't just start a new franchise instead of doing crap like this. I see a sales failure like Syndicate incoming...but hey...maybe I will be wrong.

23. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 13:33 Creston

wonkawonka wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 09:01:
After the 15th death due to missing the proper path around 7 or 8 mutants in the 3rd hour of the game, I decided my time would be better spent playing a PC game.

Are you talking about the subway station? Why don't you just kill them? You don't HAVE to sneak around them. Pick up a brick, throw it somewhere, watch four clickers stand around it howling, throw a molotov at them. Bam, four dead clickers.

Rinse, repeat.

I snuck through that area the first time (which was pretty tense and hair-raising, especially when four of them trapped me in the coffee shop), but my next playthroughs, I just killed all of them. It allows you to loot all the stores too, which is nice.

So, really, that mission isn't very scripted.

22. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 13:05 Cutter

It's a console game plain and simple. You can't even jump for crissake! I may pick it up when it hits 5 bucks on Steam, maybe, but otherwise no.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

21. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 12:04 Tim1_2

Loved the original Thief(s)...obviously have big concerns about the dumbing down that may take place here.

Don't mind the bonus level for the pre-order...I won't be pre-ordering, but using that Thief 2 level is a smart idea.

Currently playing: DayZ

20. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 10:21 MajorD

Verno wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 08:52:
Too early to tell but I hope you can turn off some of the "features" they have showcased in previews.

Yeah, my concern is that the game design and levels are being built around these lame features, but if we turn them off, how much will that effect (negative and/or positive) how we're able to play out a level successfully/unsuccessfully?

19. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 09:03 wonkawonka

Verno wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 08:52:
Too early to tell but I hope you can turn off some of the "features" they have showcased in previews.
And then you'll be fucked by having to figure out by trial and error which 10-pixel-square area you need to stand in (and when) for the 3 guards not to see you.

18. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 09:01 wonkawonka

Overon wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 22:49:
The Thief demo at E3 had low FOV, quicktime events, low resolution textures, dishonored game mechanics, and was an assassination simulator with call of duty style "xp" for headshots. It's not Thief. It's an imposter. I weep in my rage.
In the same vein, I was blown away by the reviews for The Last Of Us, and decided to buy it (PS3 exclusive). It's been a while since I've gotten angry at a game and pulled the plug on the console in disgust. I HATE the low FOV, the insane QTEs, low resolution textures, and most of all the fact that if you don't follow pretty much exactly the script and go in the exact places at the exact time you're dead. And these places can only be found through trial and error, mostly because of the shit FOV, textures and lighting.

17. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 08:59 Xero

Your telling me the developers went out of their way and created a "bonus" in-game mission just for those who pre-order the game? GTFO. There's most likely a 99.9% chance there is an alternative method to unlock this or purchase it separately down the road for 2 bucks. Seriously, exclusive in-game content for pre-orders is such a lame gimmick.  

Currently playing: Skyrim

16. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 08:52 Verno

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

15. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 05:15 Ray Marden

Preorder today so you can play the full game!

Because people who "only" buy the game on day one, wait until the weekend, or wait for reviews are scum!
A time challenge? Really? I hope it's better than it looks.
Hoping they can add some on-disc, day one DLC as well ,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

14. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 03:06 Jerykk

Squirmer wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 23:59:
no they didn't

Yes they did. BAM, half-assed rebuttals ftw.

13. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 02:44 Cram

I'll be getting it day one. I will gladly write down a mini review for peeps on this site. It'll be coming from a Thief fanboy, sure, but a fanboy who paid full price and is expecting lots. So, it could very well be quite the negative mini review.  

12. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 25, 2013, 23:59 Squirmer

no they didn't  

11. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 25, 2013, 23:10 Jerykk

Too early to judge. I had doubts about DX:HR and Blacklist too but those turned out very nicely.  

10. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 25, 2013, 23:08 Acleacius

There's just no way, I can wait till it's 75% off. The only reason they get away with this is because of people who buy console games.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

9. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 25, 2013, 22:49 Overon

The Thief demo at E3 had low FOV, quicktime events, low resolution textures, dishonored game mechanics, and was an assassination simulator with call of duty style "xp" for headshots. It's not Thief. It's an imposter. I weep in my rage.  

8. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 25, 2013, 22:43 Overon

I want the original thief that was a thief not an assassin like in assassin's creed. Yeah I'm bitter.  

7. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 25, 2013, 22:35 HorrorScope

Ah I'll still wait for final judgement. People go off on Thief 3, I liked it. If/when they fuck this up, we can hang'm then.  

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo