Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Stardock Lawsuits Settled

The lawsuits between Alexandra Miseta and Stardock Corporation have been settled out-of-court, reports Kotaku, saying the court has dismissed both cases with prejudice, so they cannot be reopened. Part of the settlement is a letter of apology from Ms. Miseta, who sued Stardock CEO Brad Wardell for sexual harassment, retaliation, and wrongful termination shortly before Stardock sued her for deleting their analytics and marketing data before leaving the company without notice. Brad Wardell tells the site that no money changed hands in this, but that each side dropped their case contingent on the apology, which he says represents "vindication." Thanks nin.

View
59 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

19. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 24, 2013, 21:18 Cutter

Wardell is a pig IMO so yeah I'd bet dollars to donuts she was harassed by him and his other little zipperhead fascist pals all the time. She certainly didn't do it for shits and giggles.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 24, 2013, 21:16 CrashTestDummy

You're naive if you think Brad Wardell didnt do anything wrong. Knowing what a douche he is, if he was actually innocent, he would have taken her to court and tried to milk it for as much publicity as possible and then danced all around her corpse once he was finished with her. Instead he settled.

In fact all you need to do is go back and read his comments on various forums to know that something was wrong with the way he treated that woman.

17. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 24, 2013, 21:10 jdreyer

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 20:04:
Sexual harassment is still sexual harassment and it is up to the individual to determine whether they consider it acceptable. Brad's behaviour was absolutely disgusting and I think she was completely justified in what she did.

Is there a consensus about what he did? Last I recall, it was more a he-said-she-said situation.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

16. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 24, 2013, 20:39 Kosumo

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 20:04:
jacobvandy wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 18:42:
Bitch. Low-life individuals like this one aren't exactly helping the situation of "gender equality" in the industry. Guys don't cry sexual harassment when they get their feelings hurt and quit in a huff...
Sexual harassment is still sexual harassment and it is up to the individual to determine whether they consider it acceptable. Brad's behaviour was absolutely disgusting and I think she was completely justified in what she did.

+1

Starting a post on this with the word 'Bitch' is just what will totally help the problem. Then he ends with a statement that make me think he's a priest.... and not the good kind. Bawling Bloodthirsty Biting

15. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 24, 2013, 20:34 Sepharo

The suits were settled because Stardock would win the laptop / deleting marketing data suit easily. Miseta's suit was on shakier ground but it doesn't mean she lied about the sexual harassment. Very smart move by Wardell asking for the apology instead of money though. That made Miseta's decision easy... Get definitely sued for big money with only a chance of winning a long and difficult sexual harassment suit or write an apology note and not get definitely sued for big money. That's why Stardock's lawyers were so confident.  

14. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 24, 2013, 20:15 Burrito of Peace

Silicon Avatar wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 19:59:
Get more women in the game industry and you might have more nuanced characters.

Right, because only women can write nuanced, intelligent and complex characters with depth. Way to play the gender retard card.

How about people just stop buying shitty games with cardboard cutouts for characters and instead buy games with the depth of storytelling one gets from a quality book?

Oh, yeah, that's because the majority of the market doesn't give a fuck. Ergo, a product is developed for the largest share of consumers who will buy it.

13. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 24, 2013, 20:15 Redmask

Some of you are way too ready to take a victory lap over something where the guy admitted to cracking sex jokes and putting himself in female employees hotel rooms. No one will likely ever know the truth but this is probably two shitty people being petty with each other over real and imagined slights but neither one comes through looking good to me. Now back to your regularly scheduled raaaaa! women suk agenda pushing.

12. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 24, 2013, 20:04 theyarecomingforyou

Bitch. Low-life individuals like this one aren't exactly helping the situation of "gender equality" in the industry. Guys don't cry sexual harassment when they get their feelings hurt and quit in a huff...

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

11. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 24, 2013, 19:59 Silicon Avatar

To be fair women get crapped on in a lot of industries and the issues they bring up deserve scrutiny. Just because this one didn't have a case doesn't mean others don't.

Gaming industry started as a boys arena and it'd almost assuredly do better and have some better games in it if more women were involved.

Some of you guys complain about muscle-flex manman the bullet-spewing FPS dude? Get more women in the game industry and you might have more nuanced characters.

10. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 24, 2013, 19:56 Darks

You said it dude, this is a case where she got fired and decided to lash out crying sexual harassment because she's a women and thinks that she can get away with it. Its a typical case of cry rape and prove you didn't do it when its supposed to be innocent until proven.

I'm in no way stereotyping all women like this, but there are those who do.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

9. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 24, 2013, 19:36 Prez

Somehow this is misogyny. The court hates women, and loves Fox News, so that's why they ruled in Brad's favor! Yeah, that's it! Rolleyes

Couldn't be because she was full of shit.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 24, 2013, 19:14 Julio

Doesn't seem like vindication to me, rather what typically happens when deeper pockets force an agreement. She's trading getting off the hook for deleting company information for the harassment claim. I don't see in the letter that she says they didn't do it.  

7. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 24, 2013, 19:12 NKD

Icewind wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 19:07:

That's kind of what I was getting at.

Notice the feminine sounding usernames already playing the oppressed gender card.

You can always count on the White Knight Brigade at Bodypillowfuckertaku to stick it to the patriarchy.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

6. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 24, 2013, 19:07 Icewind

Orogogus wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 18:25:
Icewind wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 18:11:
She basically admitted that she was in the wrong by deleting the data. Sounds like she was just trying to screw him over for something job related. Been there before, saw this kind of thing.

If this story gets posted on Kotaku you'll have 5,000 angry women and 25,000 single 30-something males screaming about how this is unfair and Wardell should be hung.

I'll wait and see if they post it...

You know that Blue is reporting based on the Kotaku article, right?

That's kind of what I was getting at.

Notice the feminine sounding usernames already playing the oppressed gender card.

5. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 24, 2013, 18:42 jacobvandy

4. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 24, 2013, 18:25 Orogogus

Icewind wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 18:11:
She basically admitted that she was in the wrong by deleting the data. Sounds like she was just trying to screw him over for something job related. Been there before, saw this kind of thing.

If this story gets posted on Kotaku you'll have 5,000 angry women and 25,000 single 30-something males screaming about how this is unfair and Wardell should be hung.

You know that Blue is reporting based on the Kotaku article, right?

3. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 24, 2013, 18:11 Icewind

2. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 24, 2013, 17:28 Frijoles

And now I expect they will start slandering each other further. The circle is complete.  

1. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 24, 2013, 17:07 Jivaro

Interesting ending to the tale.  

59 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo