Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions?

A post on reddit points the way to a XML file on the Rockstar website suggesting that the upcoming Grand Theft Auto Online will feature the ability to buy in-game cash via microtransactions when the multiplayer version of Grand Theft Auto V goes live next month. This shows the ability to buy Shark Cards in denominations of $100K, $200K, $500K, and $1.25 million. This is all unconfirmed at this time, but if it is the case, we imagine it will spark outrage from some players that people will be able to buy cash rather than earn it in the game the honest way, by stealing it. Thanks nin via Kotaku.

View
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

38. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 27, 2013, 14:48 Verno

Ugh is there seriously no way to get on-screen navigation controls or something? I hate constantly looking down at the minimap, I thought this was a solved problem when SR3/4 implemented on screen indicators  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 24, 2013, 20:31 Yosemite Sam

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 17:57:
Make life easier on the yacht missions, switch to auto aim classic.

I had less of an issue shooting then I had getting picked off by a vehicle that was flying around after getting creamed by the rig.

Kinda disappointed that pool didn't make the cut. Out of darts, bowling and pool, darts is the last game I would have picked. Hope they put bowling and pool back in and don't do the BoGT thing where any new mini games only work with the DLC... when I heard skydiving was getting put into 4 my first thought was doing jumps with Brucie, alas it wasn't in the cards.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

36. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 24, 2013, 17:57 xXBatmanXx

Make life easier on the yacht missions, switch to auto aim classic.  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

35. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 24, 2013, 17:23 nin

Yosemite Sam wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 17:18:
Well got in a good run last night, still haven't met the third person yet ... I wanna sandbox!

Don't know if anyone else figured this out... SST Was doing the mission where you chase the yacht through traffic, PITA trying to avoid traffic until I figured out if you pull in behind the rig then hold down the cinematic button your car follows the rig without you having to drive at all, made that whole mission sooo much easier oh and heh... driving through town when I see some woman on the side of the road yelling for help. I figure ok haven't done any of these side things yet, I'll help. Follow her between two buildings when three guys jump out and shoot me dead before I can even pull my gun! BITCH!

I had the exact opposite happen: the woman tried to lure me to her friends, and I pulled my gun before I started to follow her. She yelled something like "he's got a gun! RUN!" and I shot her in the back, as she ran.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

34. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 24, 2013, 17:18 Yosemite Sam

Well got in a good run last night, still haven't met the third person yet ... I wanna sandbox!

Don't know if anyone else figured this out... SST Was doing the mission where you chase the yacht through traffic, PITA trying to avoid traffic until I figured out if you pull in behind the rig then hold down the cinematic button your car follows the rig without you having to drive at all, made that whole mission sooo much easier oh and heh... driving through town when I see some woman on the side of the road yelling for help. I figure ok haven't done any of these side things yet, I'll help. Follow her between two buildings when three guys jump out and shoot me dead before I can even pull my gun! BITCH!

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

33. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 24, 2013, 10:05 The Half Elf

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 09:22:
hahahha Some funny stuff in this video on YouTube - Mythbusters GTA style....

Defend the House has done quite a few Myth gaming video's over the years

And while I could have that vehicle, I follow Trevor's lead and destroy anything related to The Lost, including going back to their trailer park over and over to eradicate them.
Now to steal the C130...

Also finding there is no efficient way to make money after the story ends, except for the stock market and it takes ALOT of manipulation.

I don't see how anyone is buying the golf club without using the money exploits.

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2013, 10:16.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

32. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 24, 2013, 09:59 xXBatmanXx

Verno wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 09:44:
Not really happy to hear about this but I suspect the MP will be filled with cheaters anyway so I suppose it doesn't matter. MP3 was supposedly pretty bad for them, I never participated but a friend of mine was always ranting about it.

Yea, I am worried about it, wish there was some control over servers, connections, etc etc etc. Maybe get a group of us together and it won't matter.....I hope.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

31. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 24, 2013, 09:44 Verno

Not really happy to hear about this but I suspect the MP will be filled with cheaters anyway so I suppose it doesn't matter. MP3 was supposedly pretty bad for them, I never participated but a friend of mine was always ranting about it.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

30. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 24, 2013, 09:38 xXBatmanXx

guys - blocked.....there are a few around here who just keep changing their name every week - so just block them.  

29. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 24, 2013, 09:35 nin

Sepharo wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 09:23:
Luke wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 05:13:
Sale a succes now we got the Zombies they are all blinded now , lets go for there Money.

If the wanna go that way go all the way and make it HARDCORE you die...you dead , hell there are enought zombies out there WHO praises this "game"

Well we see how this real Money thing will turn out . ( kids vs kids , real life attack because of ingame kills Money stealing , hell even adults attacking each other over ingame kills , stealing)

"But this is GTA5 mann they can do what ever they want we eat it all"

Clown 's

Keep up the good work Luke.
Maybe a friend or the librarian can help you setup a Kickstarter or something to scrounge together raise enough for your GED.

I'll give him $5 just to go away.

28. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 24, 2013, 09:23 Sepharo

Luke wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 05:13:
Sale a succes now we got the Zombies they are all blinded now , lets go for there Money.

If the wanna go that way go all the way and make it HARDCORE you die...you dead , hell there are enought zombies out there WHO praises this "game"

Well we see how this real Money thing will turn out . ( kids vs kids , real life attack because of ingame kills Money stealing , hell even adults attacking each other over ingame kills , stealing)

Clown 's

Keep up the good work Luke.
Maybe a friend or the librarian can help you setup a Kickstarter or something to scrounge together raise enough for your GED.

27. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 24, 2013, 09:22 xXBatmanXx

hahahha Some funny stuff in this video on YouTube - Mythbusters GTA style....  

26. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 24, 2013, 09:04 xXBatmanXx

Was laying in bed thinking about it, couldn't sleep, and I can't wait to toss some C4 on a really nice car, let it sit idle, and when some dude walks up to take it - BOOM!  

25. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 24, 2013, 08:58 xXBatmanXx

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 23:20:
Seriously, at the rate you guys play I feel like the Kingpin....

BTW... Success!

Yea, but do you have one of these in your garage?

24. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 24, 2013, 08:56 El Pit

nin wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 07:49:
Kosumo wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 23:53:
I'm concerned that Batman is playing a lot of GTA V yet he list what he is playing as RL ~ is that real life? Uneasy

Is it just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

23. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 24, 2013, 07:49 nin

Kosumo wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 23:53:
I'm concerned that Batman is playing a lot of GTA V yet he list what he is playing as RL ~ is that real life? Uneasy

Is it just fantasy?

22. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 24, 2013, 06:57 panbient

When I'm playing the game and I have $9387 in my character's account and I drive by and notice the golf course for sale for $150 000 000... I'd be tempted to spend $10 of real world money for the easy purchase, especially if it's after a few glasses of whiskey.  

21. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 24, 2013, 05:13 Luke

Clown 's

20. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 24, 2013, 03:47 InBlack

Dedicated 16 player servers, but microtransactions and virtual money? How does this work, is it like Team Fortress?? What gives?

Also this game shouldnt be given a free pass for pulling shit like that on Blues just because its GTA, fuck that shit. Its nickle and diming pure and simple.

I have a nifty blue line!

19. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 24, 2013, 03:33 The Half Elf

Both Beamer.

I have to agree Rigs, that all the commercials for GTA5 have it running silky smooth...

And after clicking on the link it does appear GTA Online will have RL money options. Sad...

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2013, 03:45.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo