Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

Rock, Paper, Shotgun - How We Got The PAX Post Wrong.
But yesterday’s introduction to a great article by one of our brilliant writers didn’t achieve our aims. It made a complicated, difficult issue into something black and white, and of course alienated people in doing so. Worst of all, it led people to not read Nathan’s article, which presented both sides of the discussion in detail. That was not our intention.

View
61 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

61. Re: Op Ed Sep 26, 2013, 09:54  Blue 

Verno wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 08:38:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 22, 2013, 11:59:
Fact of the matter is

My fault for trusting this wouldn't go this far.

Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 19:23:
Liberal tears are so delicious.

As are the tears of those banned for trolling, I warn you.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

60. Re: Op Ed Sep 26, 2013, 08:38 Verno

RollinThundr wrote on Sep 22, 2013, 11:59:
Fact of the matter is

As soon as someone starts out a statement with "fact of the matter is" you know they are full of poop, especially when they cite literally no sources at all.

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 2013, 10:50.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

59. Re: Op Ed Sep 22, 2013, 12:05 nin

InBlack wrote on Sep 22, 2013, 10:34:
Yeah social justice is a myth that needs to die! Women and blacks definitely never needed to get the vote, and slavery is a perfectly natural way of getting things done....

Some people here need to wake the fuck up and quit deluding themselves, lest they find themselves in need of some social justice....

Has anyone brought up Hitler yet? You guys are slackin!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

58. removed Sep 22, 2013, 11:59 RollinThundr

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 26, 2013, 09:47.

57. Re: Op Ed Sep 22, 2013, 10:34 InBlack

Yeah social justice is a myth that needs to die! Women and blacks definitely never needed to get the vote, and slavery is a perfectly natural way of getting things done....

Some people here need to wake the fuck up and quit deluding themselves, lest they find themselves in need of some social justice....

I have a nifty blue line!

56. Re: Op Ed Sep 22, 2013, 09:20 Prez

yuastnav wrote on Sep 22, 2013, 04:39:
I never said anything about the content of his post.
I merely pointed out that prolonged exposure to "internet culture" diluted some people's mind in such a way that they fail to differentiate between complaining and whining.

In that case you are correct sir!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

55. Re: Op Ed Sep 22, 2013, 04:39 yuastnav

I never said anything about the content of his post.
I merely pointed out that prolonged exposure to "internet culture" diluted some people's mind in such a way that they fail to differentiate between complaining and whining.

54. Re: Op Ed Sep 21, 2013, 22:07 Prez

It's not a matter of agreement or liking it or not. His whole point was utterly nonsensical.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

53. Re: Op Ed Sep 21, 2013, 20:52 yuastnav

Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 19:23:
walrus1 wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 14:50:
You clearly either have never read RPS or are too stupid to respect something that is well written and might disagree with your little homophobic misogynistic world that exists entirely in your head. /thread.

Whiner.

educated
"Don't like what someone says? Call him a whiner."

52. Re: Op Ed Sep 21, 2013, 19:23 Mad Max RW

walrus1 wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 14:50:
You clearly either have never read RPS or are too stupid to respect something that is well written and might disagree with your little homophobic misogynistic world that exists entirely in your head. /thread.

Liberal tears are so delicious.

51. Re: Op Ed Sep 21, 2013, 14:50 walrus1

Well this has gone well off topic. I'm honestly very surprised at how reactionary many of you. Most admins would have locked commenting by now. I think it speaks volumes about how chill Blue is that he hasn't. This topic about Obamacare healthcare reform is no way or shape related to the original topic. As for all of you who keep saying this is "ad bait." You clearly either have never read RPS or are too stupid to respect something that is well written and might disagree with your little homophobic misogynistic world that exists entirely in your head. /thread.  

50. Re: Op Ed Sep 21, 2013, 14:13 MajorD

wraithnix wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 12:30:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 11:47:
Kosumo wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 01:35:
My health care is perfectly fine too. It's of our nationalized health system too. I work, but our system covers everyone.

I don't think our country is going bankrupt over it either, in fact, good all round health care for all helps a countries GDP if you want to look at it in such crude ways.

I see you anit sure cos you have no idea what will happen, but I don't see giving everyone medical help is a bad thing.

Healthcare premiums have tripled in the last year. Thank you Obamacare. They've gone up every year since 2003, since some facets of Obamacare are already in effect, it's only going to get worse on that front.

He eliminated the one option that would have made sense, single payer.

We already do give everyone medical help, you can't turn away a sick person simply due to not having insurance.

If I lived in a country with universal healthcare, I could have had the problem fixed, right away, and wouldn't have to deal with this stuff now.

Eventually you would have had the problem fixed under Socialized Medicine/Universal Health care, but certainly not right away; however, I'm sure if you were here illegally (without insurance), you wouldn’t have had any problems receiving the necessary medical care.

In regards to Socialized Medicine/Universal Health care, it isn’t all that sun shinny and rosy, as it certainly has its pros and cons. Pros: Everyone’s covered. Cons: 1) Everyone’s covered whether or not the pay into it/their share. 2) Fewer doctors will be motivated to specialize, as there will be less incentive for them to do so. 3) Potential of the quality of health care decreasing, as the quantity increases. 4) Patients will have to wait forever to get surgery if they do need it. Maybe some of the Canadian BN posters here can attest to this.

Yes, our current health care system is broken in places, but Obamacare certainly isn’t the answer; it would be a mistake!

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 2013, 14:18.

49. Re: Op Ed Sep 21, 2013, 12:30 wraithnix

RollinThundr wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 11:47:
My health care is perfectly fine too. It's of our nationalized health system too. I work, but our system covers everyone.

I don't think our country is going bankrupt over it either, in fact, good all round health care for all helps a countries GDP if you want to look at it in such crude ways.

I see you anit sure cos you have no idea what will happen, but I don't see giving everyone medical help is a bad thing.

Healthcare premiums have tripled in the last year. Thank you Obamacare. They've gone up every year since 2003, since some facets of Obamacare are already in effect, it's only going to get worse on that front.

We already do give everyone medical help, you can't turn away a sick person simply due to not having insurance.

Speaking from personal experience, yes they can, and yes they do. If the illness or injury is not potentially life threatening, they will not treat you without either cash up front or insurance. I had a hernia a few years ago, and tried to get the necessary surgery to fix it, and was told I could either come up with $6000 up front, or just deal without treatment. Eight years later, I have a huge lump of scar tissue under my skin where the hernia was, and deal with constant stomach problems.

If I lived in a country with universal healthcare, I could have had the problem fixed, right away, and wouldn't have to deal with this stuff now.

48. Re: Op Ed Sep 21, 2013, 11:47 RollinThundr

47. Re: Op Ed Sep 21, 2013, 11:21 Mad Max RW

Redmask wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 01:43:
Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 01:10:
Now with Obamacare going into effect, which is basically the European model, I have no idea what will happen.

The medical and insurance industries will make slightly less money and less people will go bankrupt from medical expenses. It's rough but you'll manage.

That's a common misconception. By design Obamacare picks winners and losers in the medical industry. Simply, the biggest supporters of the Obama regime will make vast fortunes when people are forced to buy into them. Drugs and medical procedures will only get more expensive. They already are if you paid attention to the over-regulation from this administration. In addition, the government will rake in some cash by punishing small businesses across the country. Will I still have my present coverage by the end of next year? I have no idea but it's looking doubtful. This will result in another crash where the government sets itself up to pass another fraudulent bailout where all they are doing is seizing more control. Historically they have a really bad track record here. Also keep a close eye on what they do to private education. That's where the next big crash is coming from and it was all a setup. Obamacare's monopolization of the student loan program is like murder.

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 2013, 11:32.

46. Re: Op Ed Sep 21, 2013, 01:43 Redmask

Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 01:10:
Now with Obamacare going into effect, which is basically the European model, I have no idea what will happen.

The medical and insurance industries will make slightly less money and less people will go bankrupt from medical expenses. It's rough but you'll manage.

45. Re: Op Ed Sep 21, 2013, 01:35 Kosumo

44. Re: Op Ed Sep 21, 2013, 01:10 Mad Max RW

Cutter wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 01:07:
Yeah, socialized democracy sucks. That's why the US ranks 28 - and is still falling - in every quality of life survey very year where all the socialized democracies are always in the top 10. But you go ahead and keep on deluding yourself there, Max. The plutocrats in the US are literally laughing all the way to the bank when they think about people like you.

My healthcare is perfectly fine. I work and have great insurance coverage. Now with Obamacare going into effect, which is basically the European model, I have no idea what will happen. What I do know is my work is not hiring anybody new because of Obamacare and for no other reason. So you go on and keep deluding yourself it's a good thing.

43. Re: Op Ed Sep 21, 2013, 01:07 Cutter

Yeah, socialized democracy sucks. That's why the US ranks 28 - and is still falling - in every quality of life survey very year where all the socialized democracies are always in the top 10. But you go ahead and keep on deluding yourself there, Max. The plutocrats in the US are literally laughing all the way to the bank when they think about people like you.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

42. Re: Op Ed Sep 21, 2013, 00:51 Mad Max RW

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 00:24:
Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 23:57:
Cutter wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 20:01:
Universal healthcare, Occupy Wall Street

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Two of the biggest jokes (and frauds) of the last 100 years.

This is completely the wrong site for this kind of discussion, but you do know that basically the rest of the developed world has functional, universal health care, right?

Occupy Wall Street was pretty sad and ineffectual, but their hearts were in the right place at least. Saying it was the biggest joke/fraud of the last 100 years just indicates a lack of knowledge of history, really.

Offtopic, I think these sort of discussions are some sort of contagious virus. I am taking time away from my Skyrim to post this.

Crumbling welfare states with barely functional bottom of the barrel healthcare. It works great until you need it. There's a reason the EU is a disaster with nations falling like dominoes. Out of control entitlement spending is crushing everybody. And it's rapidly coming to an end.

Occupy Wall Street was made up of anarchists, communists, anti-Semites, racists, drug addicts, naive college kids and hypocritical retards funded by Media Matters and SCIU. I was there at Zuccotti Park and saw it with my own two eyes. They were a total fraud with no message and no credibility. Their ideas of "social justice" ended when they started passing out maps of the park segregating all the different groups of idiots because they couldn't get through a single night without fighting each other. And I especially admired how they hired private security to keep homeless people from stealing their free food. Their talk of "environmental justice" went down the toilet when junk accumulated into literal mountains of trash ruining the park. The whole site was toxic when they were finally forced out.

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 2013, 01:07.

61 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo