Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues

Blend Games has a confirmation of the presence of references to a PC edition of Grand Theft Auto V in the data within the new iFruit companion app for the just-released open-world action game. Following the lead in these tweets they extracted the contents of the app. Here's what they learned:

The folder contains all the app's assets, including PNG images for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC renditions of the GTA V manual. As an example, some of the files include a mention of a color wheel highlight bar for the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC (to avoid any legal heat I won't completely type out the name of the file, but if anyone bothers to look, you'll know what I mean).

What's interesting though is that there is no showing of the PS4 or Xbox One versions of the game in the app's 4,724 files.

This new information actually leads me to believe that we need to reassess Rockstar's intent with GTA V: It may not launch simultaneously for PC and next-gen consoles.

In our other article noting that there was code pointing to a PC and PS4 version of GTA V, it left many believing that the next-gen version of the game would launch later on down the road alongside a PC version... but the app's assets leads me to believe the PC version could arrive a lot sooner than we all think. Having a PC assets added to the app will make the inclusion of the PC version to the app a quick hop, skip and a jump on the update front for Rockstar.

View
45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

45. Re: iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues Sep 19, 2013, 18:12 Quinn

My wife gave me a PS3 last friday for my birthday so she can chill on the couch and watch me play games. Many new games have comw available to me. I'm thinking of buying GTAV but I would like to know whether it lags or not? I've seen Far Cry 3 on a ps3 and I wouldnt be able to cope with the fps. What's GTAV's fps like?

Also gonna try RDR (finally! :P) and I wonder if games like Infamous are any good. Can you guys point me in the direction of a few must-play console exclusives? Thanks in advance

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

44. Re: iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues Sep 19, 2013, 12:56 nin

Creston wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 11:10:
So, back to the iFruit thing, anyone figured out yet what to actually DO in the fucking thing? I throw the ball for Chop a few times, scratch him a few times (maybe I'm beating him instead?), take him to the park, fed him and watered him until my money was gone, and ehh... yeah? that's it?

edit: Figured it out. The bottom thing is 'tricks' for Chop, but you have to buy them multiple times to get them to unlock. It's kinda hard to see on an iPhone screen. So basically just log on to it in the morning, feed, water and walk Chop, and you should have enough money left over to buy a trick for him. (And maybe a new collar, if you're so inclined.)

Yeah, fuck that. I never made enough back to keep his food and water full, while still trying to unlock things. Uninstalled afterwards.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

43. Re: iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues Sep 19, 2013, 11:10 Creston

So, back to the iFruit thing, anyone figured out yet what to actually DO in the fucking thing? I throw the ball for Chop a few times, scratch him a few times (maybe I'm beating him instead?), take him to the park, fed him and watered him until my money was gone, and ehh... yeah? that's it?

edit: Figured it out. The bottom thing is 'tricks' for Chop, but you have to buy them multiple times to get them to unlock. It's kinda hard to see on an iPhone screen. So basically just log on to it in the morning, feed, water and walk Chop, and you should have enough money left over to buy a trick for him. (And maybe a new collar, if you're so inclined.)

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 2013, 11:44.

42. Re: iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues Sep 19, 2013, 00:56 nin

I REALLY hated the grain effect added to the game when playing LATD.

Thought I turned that off in the options?

41. Re: iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues Sep 19, 2013, 00:46 JeffD

I enjoyed LATD as much as Gay tony, although I REALLY hated the grain effect added to the game when playing LATD. It slowed down the frame rate. gay tony had better characters, but the bike gang thing was cool too.

40. Re: iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues Sep 18, 2013, 21:55 Yosemite Sam

Gotta give at least one cred to LATD, cruising around Liberty with a posse of bikers was fun.  

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

39. Re: iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues Sep 18, 2013, 19:36 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 18:38:
siapnar wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 18:33:
ForgedReality wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 17:04:
The Ballad of Gay Tony was friggin AWESOME. I'm guessing you didn't play it...?
Louise is such a hilarious character. His dialogue was some of the best I've heard in a game. The voice actor did a tremendous job, too.

BOGT was awesome (apart from a terrible helicopter mission)

shhh, don't tell anyone....I still haven't plauyed BoGT on any of the 3 systems I own it on......played Lost once on pc, 2x on xbox, and haven't yet on ps3.

You are seriously missing OUT!

38. Re: iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues Sep 18, 2013, 19:07 siapnar

ForgedReality wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 19:02:
BoGT was SO much better. I didn't really like LatD. And when compared to Ballad, it was really quite abysmal. :\ Go play BoGT!
Yeah LATD was terrible compared to BOGT. It was far too serious, and the protagonist was unlikable.

I have projectile dysfunction.

37. Re: iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues Sep 18, 2013, 19:02 ForgedReality

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 18:38:
Louise is such a hilarious character. His dialogue was some of the best I've heard in a game. The voice actor did a tremendous job, too.

shhh, don't tell anyone....I still haven't plauyed BoGT on any of the 3 systems I own it on......played Lost once on pc, 2x on xbox, and haven't yet on ps3.

BoGT was SO much better. I didn't really like LatD. And when compared to Ballad, it was really quite abysmal. :\ Go play BoGT!

36. Re: iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues Sep 18, 2013, 18:51 eRe4s3r

Alamar wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 17:10:
I would just like you all to know... I don't care : )

Have a nice day.

-Alamar

Your level of caring has been duly noted and filed under "ironic statements on the intertubes, 2013 Edition" a holding fee of 59.99 caring points will be deducted from your caring meter.

35. Re: iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues Sep 18, 2013, 18:49 Rattlehead

Fion wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 17:32:
jomisab wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 14:23:
Based on what I'm reading in the Metacritic user reviews and hearing from my own brother (who has an Xbox), the texture quality is just abyssmal. They surely won't allow that to be the definitive rendition of GTA V.

Of course it is. Having such a massive open world on systems with such limited resources, there has to be some corner cutting to let the game run at decent frame-rates, and since textures take up so much memory, it makes sense that texture quality is what got the boot.

I expect a holiday PC release to coincide the 'next gen' version that is sure to follow the new console releases.
Hahaha holiday PC release? You're crazy. Not going to happen.

34. Re: iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues Sep 18, 2013, 18:38 xXBatmanXx

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

33. Re: iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues Sep 18, 2013, 18:33 siapnar

I have projectile dysfunction.

32. Re: iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues Sep 18, 2013, 17:59 xXBatmanXx

Verno wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 16:07:
nin wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 16:05:
Holy. Shit. 800 million in 24 hours.

Wow that's incredible. What's the one day CoD record? I can't remember.

Well, not sure, but google says CoD did 1B in 15 days....something tells me GTA5 will beat that. (Google and The Examiner says 500 million in 24 hours, so GTA beat them)

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

31. Re: iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues Sep 18, 2013, 17:54 xXBatmanXx

Aero wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 14:31:
I notice that the "manual" for the game (whatever version) is actually a PC program (an MSI file, which I haven't bothered installing). So, there is a PC version of the manual "program." Could mean anything.

Anyways, I think we're all pretty much in agreement there will be a PC version eventually regardless. There always has been, so I don't see any reason for there not to be this time.

Personally, I bought the PS3 version because meh. It's a console game. I'll play it on a console. It's one of the five games I've ever bought for it. Better graphics and framerates would be nice, but it holds its own mostly on production value. It is pretty good so far though actually (and I didn't like GTA4), so it'll probably be worth picking it up for PC when that comes out if that's your thing.

Yea, I was looking at that - I loaded the manual on one of my pcs, it doesn't work very well. Oh well. It is an msi that loads. Wonder if that is what the data is, I dunno, I didn't click.

30. Re: iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues Sep 18, 2013, 17:53 xXBatmanXx

Fion wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 17:32:
Based on what I'm reading in the Metacritic user reviews and hearing from my own brother (who has an Xbox), the texture quality is just abyssmal. They surely won't allow that to be the definitive rendition of GTA V.

Of course it is. Having such a massive open world on systems with such limited resources, there has to be some corner cutting to let the game run at decent frame-rates, and since textures take up so much memory, it makes sense that texture quality is what got the boot.

I expect a holiday PC release to coincide the 'next gen' version that is sure to follow the new console releases.

It actually is one of the best looking games on the console - so not sure what you are talking about. Comparing PC to console!? Well no shit shirlock - apples and oranges.

And if you haven't noticed, er, you haven't, cause....your brother? is playing the game, almost all load times are gone. On top of that, I don't think anyone here gives a crap what Metacritic says about ANYTHING.

29. Re: iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues Sep 18, 2013, 17:32 Fion

28. Re: iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues Sep 18, 2013, 17:29 Cutter

nin wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 14:17:
SirKnight wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 14:14:
Ho Ho Ho! Xmastree

Why would they cannibalize console sales for the holiday?

Nah, I've been thinking the same thing. An Xmas release is always preferable. If not they have to go for a late spring/early summer release instead. The game was obviously finished a while back and they'll be in bug crunching/patch mode for a few more weeks but I'd expect the lion share of people to be shifted off to the PC port. So it's mid-September and say another 2'ish plus months of PC port means they could get it out for late November beginning of December for Xmas sales. If I were Rockstar, that's what I'd be going for at any rate. You're probably right, but I would not be at all surprised to see this out on PC for an Xmas release.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

27. Re: iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues Sep 18, 2013, 17:11 Redmask

Alamar wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 17:10:

Have a nice day.

-Alamar

Ironic post is ironic.

26. Re: iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues Sep 18, 2013, 17:10 Alamar

Have a nice day.

-Alamar

45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo