Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Safety Dance

View
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 18, 2013, 18:04 Prez

This is an all-too-common re-run that keeps playing over and over in the US like that 24 hour "Christmas Story" marathon every year. Some mentally disturbed person falls between society's cracks despite warning sign after warning sign that had anyone actually gave enough of a shit to report to the proper authorities would have precluded this person from passing a background check. The same person who has no business owning a gun nevertheless is therefore able to easily acquire one or more of them. Said individual commits a horribly violent massacre with said guns. The gun nuts and the gun grabbers all suit up for battle and wage war in every forum. The media makes everything worse by non-stop hack reporting of every stupid thing that some idiot says and amateur sensationalist hit pieces like the incredibly stupid one our friends at the UK's Daily Mirror wrote (not to mention just about everything Fox News reports on the issue) while ignoring the real issues that contributed to the massacre - mental issues and easy availability of firearms - so that it will assuredly happen again. Rinse and repeat.

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 2013, 18:12.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 18, 2013, 12:06 Tanto Edge

Ok, so now we're saying violence doesn't beget violence, but recognizable violence begets violence.

So show me a woman being backhanded and it won't affect me. If he's wearing a brand of glove that I recognize though, I may be tempted to go buy those gloves, and smack a bitch?

Man; I'm one fucked up dude.
Glad I have reasons though. Everything makes sense

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo