Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
73 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

73. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 17, 2013, 11:37 Creston

Out for delivery - September 17, 2013 7:02:00 AM

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

72. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 17, 2013, 09:06 SpectralMeat

Verno wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 08:38:
Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 01:34:
In any case, "download while you play" or not, Sony has already shown they are absolutely NOT ready to go all-digital with their GTA5 clusterfuck.

Neither console company is going all digital next gen, it's just an option. Literally no one provisions for the sort of release that GTA sees either. Xbox regularly takes a crap for CoD releases, Steam goes down regularly even outside of major releases like Skyrim and so on. They know that the people going nuts on forums will forget in a day or two because it isn't that big of a deal quite frankly.

Shit I'm so conditioned to Steam going down even intermittently that this sees a non-issue by comparison.

Exactly
How many major game releases were completely fucked on Steam on release day.
GTA5 is one of the most popular game on the consoles so of course the digital download service was bombed.
At least Sony had the balls to offer this option to customers.
If anyone was so hell bent over playing this game as soon as possible then they should have gone to the midnight release and grab a physical copy

Steam: SpectralMeat

71. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 17, 2013, 08:38 Verno

Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 01:34:
In any case, "download while you play" or not, Sony has already shown they are absolutely NOT ready to go all-digital with their GTA5 clusterfuck.

Neither console company is going all digital next gen, it's just an option. Literally no one provisions for the sort of release that GTA sees either. Xbox regularly takes a crap for CoD releases, Steam goes down regularly even outside of major releases like Skyrim and so on. They know that the people going nuts on forums will forget in a day or two because it isn't that big of a deal quite frankly.

Shit I'm so conditioned to Steam going down even intermittently that this sees a non-issue by comparison.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

70. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 17, 2013, 01:34 Creston

nin wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 18:24:
LurkerLito wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 18:13:
Creston wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 17:09:
dumbo wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 14:57:
Thankfully both consoles are doing the whole "play as you download" thing in the future.

I'll believe it when I see it. What game will run well if only 20% of it is downloaded? I guess if devs make an effort to make their games more modular, and you download the base and level 1 first, then you can play while it downloads levels 2-12, but that's a big, BIG if that I don't really see devs adhering to.

Also, how on earth would that work for a game like GTA? What, you can only drive on Grove Street?

I think it's marketing bullshit.

Honestly it makes me worried when I read that "Play as you download" talk. To really be able to play as you download, it means linear non-open world levels or zones with invisible walls. That to me is a step in the wrong direction for games.

You can't tell me that when they're designing a game, they're going to say "wait, we shouldn't do this, it won't work with "play as you download" on the PS4."

If anything, some games will allow it, and some won't.

Yeah, Devs are going to just ignore it. So it's nothing but marketing bullshit.

69. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 16, 2013, 23:24 Redmask

All of that rage seems really out of place now.  

68. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 16, 2013, 22:49 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 17:04:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 14:15:
From PSN support:

Tyler D.: Unfortunately you won't be able to preload GTA V. I realize that it was stated that you could on their twitter account, but regrettably that was mistaken information. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I can definitely understand wanting to play GTA V as soon as possible but we aren't offering a preload option. You will be able to download GTA at 12:01 Eastern time.

I canceled and requested a refund. F them. Never will spend money on PSN again. There is no way 1 million+ people can download the game on the 17th and play it. "Day 1 Digital" is a fucking joke.

Yeah, this is a MAJOR fuck-up. Their content servers are going to DIE 7 hours from now. What a retarded decision. Almost makes me wonder if it's not a Microsoft email.

Well, we shall see, from teh thread from support "there are no refunds, we decide on a case by case basis"

So I guess i will start it at midnight considering this line from support
Tyler D.: Please allow 5-7 business days for your request to be processed, you will be notified via email regarding our decision. If your refund request is granted, all funds will be returned to your PSN wallet within 3-5 business days of email notification.

So I guess I have a week to play the game no matter what.

I am really glad I ordered a 360 copy for midnight launch.
I just woke up, and am refreshed and ready to play. (working nights helps)

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

67. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2013, 20:13 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 18:38:
And nin and Bats and those waiting for this, why don't you just goto a midnight launch instead?

nin wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 18:47:
Didn't really feel like it. I only paid tax from R* Warehouse, and shipping was free.

I did contemplate it, though...one of the places close to me that is doing a midnight opening had a shooting there in the last year or so (two people killed). Generally, I don't like to go out at late at night unless it's w/ others, for safety reasons.

IS THIS THING ON?!? Plug Singer

Rigs wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 18:08:
...nah, I want to go to one of the 'midnight launches' and see what all that is about. Plus I'll have the physical copy in my hands a few minutes after midnight and then I can shove it up my ass or play with it (or both) at my leisure!

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

65. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 16, 2013, 18:55 Cyant

Easy fix make it check the internet one time for install, if the date is passed then ok it works, if the internet is not available to you ask for a code you get from a toll free number but only after the street date is passed. After the code or online check is passed no need for another check.

There, I fixed your problem Rockstar. I will take my cut in 5$ bills in a kiddy pool so I can roll in it. You are welcome.

64. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 16, 2013, 18:47 nin

Cutter wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 18:38:
And nin and Bats and those waiting for this, why don't you just goto a midnight launch instead?

Didn't really feel like it. I only paid tax from R* Warehouse, and shipping was free.

I did contemplate it, though...one of the places close to me that is doing a midnight opening had a shooting there in the last year or so (two people killed). Generally, I don't like to go out at late at night unless it's w/ others, for safety reasons.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

63. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 16, 2013, 18:38 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

62. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 16, 2013, 18:37 Cutter

Creston wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 17:06:
Verno wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 14:03:
The internet shitstorm over Carolyn Petits review on Gamespot is equal parts hilarious and pitiful. She gives the game a really high score (9.0), lots of glowing text and only casually mentions that the game is profoundly misogynistic (its a GTA game, shes not wrong) and people are starting up petitions to get her fired over it. It's like a reverse social justice thing or something in a creepy and stupid way.

I thought she wrote a pretty good review. And yes, GTA is misogynist, so she's not wrong, though I don't know that she necessarily needed to harp on it. (it's not like it's a surprise to people that GTA treats women poorly.) What can we say, the internet is mostly retarded.

You could argue it's misandristic by that rationale. Ok, fine, call it anti-social in general then, but it doesn't single out women as targets, men are targets too. That's the problem with her saying that.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

61. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 16, 2013, 18:34 Prez

It's not like it's a surprise to people that GTA treats women poorly.

GTA represents women in a less-than-flattering light, but it does so with men as well (sort of like every movie and book with similar subject matter). Men in the games are all either violent, sex-starved maniacs or effeminate, incompetent, and wimpy. Hell, pretty much all of the characters in the world are really just stereotypical caricatures of whatever "class" they represent rather than real people. And it all is done very deliberately in the typical over-the-top, tongue-in-cheek GTA style that makes it too ridiculous to be offensive. Of course someone is invariably always going to get their panties in a twist over every little thing, but to paraphrase Jay Wilson, "Fuck those losers".

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 2013, 18:40.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

60. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 16, 2013, 18:24 nin

LurkerLito wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 18:13:
dumbo wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 14:57:
Thankfully both consoles are doing the whole "play as you download" thing in the future.

I'll believe it when I see it. What game will run well if only 20% of it is downloaded? I guess if devs make an effort to make their games more modular, and you download the base and level 1 first, then you can play while it downloads levels 2-12, but that's a big, BIG if that I don't really see devs adhering to.

Also, how on earth would that work for a game like GTA? What, you can only drive on Grove Street?

Honestly it makes me worried when I read that "Play as you download" talk. To really be able to play as you download, it means linear non-open world levels or zones with invisible walls. That to me is a step in the wrong direction for games.

You can't tell me that when they're designing a game, they're going to say "wait, we shouldn't do this, it won't work with "play as you download" on the PS4."

If anything, some games will allow it, and some won't.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

59. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 16, 2013, 18:13 LurkerLito

Verno wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 14:57:

58. removed Sep 16, 2013, 18:08 RollinThundr

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 16, 2013, 18:30.

57. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2013, 18:08 Rigs

Something told me that after the EU pre-load fuck up, *R was gonna drag their feet on letting it go even a second before midnight on the 17th. But as has been said, come the 18th, this will all be a moot point. I feel bad for those that opted to go digital. I considered it a couple weeks ago but then I was...nah, I want to go to one of the 'midnight launches' and see what all that is about. Plus I'll have the physical copy in my hands a few minutes after midnight and then I can shove it up my ass or play with it (or both) at my leisure!

6 hours to go!

EDIT: I just thought...maybe we should have 'coordinated un-boxing videos'? Like the official UNofficial Blues GTA5 un-boxing video marathon? (Yes, I'm bored! I got six hours to go and nothing to do!)

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

56. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 16, 2013, 17:09 Creston

Verno wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 14:57:

55. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 16, 2013, 17:06 Creston

Verno wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 14:03:
The internet shitstorm over Carolyn Petits review on Gamespot is equal parts hilarious and pitiful. She gives the game a really high score (9.0), lots of glowing text and only casually mentions that the game is profoundly misogynistic (its a GTA game, shes not wrong) and people are starting up petitions to get her fired over it. It's like a reverse social justice thing or something in a creepy and stupid way.

I thought she wrote a pretty good review. And yes, GTA is misogynist, so she's not wrong, though I don't know that she necessarily needed to harp on it. (it's not like it's a surprise to people that GTA treats women poorly.) What can we say, the internet is mostly retarded.

54. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 16, 2013, 17:04 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 14:15:
From PSN support:

Tyler D.: Unfortunately you won't be able to preload GTA V. I realize that it was stated that you could on their twitter account, but regrettably that was mistaken information. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I can definitely understand wanting to play GTA V as soon as possible but we aren't offering a preload option. You will be able to download GTA at 12:01 Eastern time.

I canceled and requested a refund. F them. Never will spend money on PSN again. There is no way 1 million+ people can download the game on the 17th and play it. "Day 1 Digital" is a fucking joke.

Yeah, this is a MAJOR fuck-up. Their content servers are going to DIE 7 hours from now. What a retarded decision. Almost makes me wonder if it's not a Microsoft email.

73 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo