Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Mobilization

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 16, 2013, 18:33 Cutter

Quboid wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 14:50:
I was tempted by the One because of its speakers. Are they any good?

I went with a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 instead, I don't regret it but I probably wouldn't regret the One either.

I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia Active because SE makes the best sound systems for phones. Plus this they're water proof or resistant and mine uses dragontail glass instead of gorilla glass which is hell tougher and more scratch resistant.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 16, 2013, 15:30 Verno

Xero wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 14:42:
I own The One and updates lacking aside, it's a hell of a phone. Blazing fast, super sleek and sharp. The images are very crisp and the text looks crystal clear. I can't say that much negative about it. Even the Blink Feed feature I use often at work for a quick brush of the news. It's very customizable as well.
Overall I'd say, The One doesn't get the kudos it deserves despite all the raving reviews. HTC seriously deserves better but it is what it is. Awesome phone, lacking company.

The problem with the One is branding and marketing. My girlfriend has a One..or is that a 2012 One? Or a One X? Or you get the point. The iPhone has simple iterations that are easy to understand for the consumer and the carrier channel. I've personally never been exposed to much marketing for the One either.

It's a shame because it's a hell of a phone.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 16, 2013, 14:50 Quboid

I was tempted by the One because of its speakers. Are they any good?

I went with a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 instead, I don't regret it but I probably wouldn't regret the One either.

- Quboid

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 16, 2013, 14:42 Xero

I own The One and updates lacking aside, it's a hell of a phone. Blazing fast, super sleek and sharp. The images are very crisp and the text looks crystal clear. I can't say that much negative about it. Even the Blink Feed feature I use often at work for a quick brush of the news. It's very customizable as well.
Overall I'd say, The One doesn't get the kudos it deserves despite all the raving reviews. HTC seriously deserves better but it is what it is. Awesome phone, lacking company.

Currently playing: Skyrim

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 16, 2013, 13:12 Beamer

I'd say the One is a significantly nicer phone, on paper, than the GS4. And, having played with both at Verizon over the weekend, I thought it felt much better and their take on Android seemed much smoother.

If I were to go Android it's hands-down how I'd go, and seems a no-brainer over the Galaxy, but I guess I've proven over and over that I don't make the cell choices most people would. Or, at least, with smartphones. Hell, I had a BlackBerry Storm (and hated it.)

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 16, 2013, 12:50 Cutter

Haha Philly!

Gee, I guess HTC should make some more commercials with RDJ. Lol!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 16, 2013, 09:29 Verno

Haha Philly fans, reminds me of the infamous Bill Burr Philly Incident (NSFW audio). I've never heard an audience so completely owned before. The crowd was drunk and had been mass heckling most of the comedians so Bill Burr just went up there and gave it to them, it was glorious.

Re HTC: they've had some problems delivering OS upgrades but other than that HTC makes amazing phones and really deserves to do better. It's a damned shame they will end up as another companies patent portfolio, their phones are some of the best in class built.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo