Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence?

A thread on reddit based on information on 4Chan points to information allegedly found in the leaked Xbox 360 edition of Grand Theft Auto V suggesting there is code already in place for an eventual PC port of the open world action sequel (thanks Blend Games). They link to a Pastebin dump of an XML config file showing setting for the PC as well as the PlayStation 4. This is all unconfirmed, though the number of GTA5 stories on this site show our confidence that Grand Theft Auto V will not be the first installment in this series that skips the PC.

View
90 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

90. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 23, 2013, 00:25 Paranoid Jack

Not sure what you mean by shitty/busy controls. I will agree at times the game is difficult to master. Which is a good thing. And I agree that they did a great job considering all the different control schemes and actions for so many vehicles.

I love how the new vehicles feel. When you're rolling in an old beater it feels like shit. When you cruisin' down the coastal highways at top speeds in the European sport cars it feels exhilarating. And the way the game reveals itself in layers was superbly done. Everything from weapons to faster sport cars. Having a damn good time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

89. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 22, 2013, 14:08 nin

There's a lot of actions to perform, I think they did a great job fitting them all onto a controller.

I agree. Considering all you can do, I think they did a pretty good job.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

88. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 22, 2013, 14:04 Sepharo

There's a lot of actions to perform, I think they did a great job fitting them all onto a controller.

Messing with the phone while driving kind of makes me chuckle each time I do it. You can do everything on it while in motion but if you bring up the browser it take up the full screen. Driving on the highway, "Hang on gotta check on my stock portfolio" hear all the cars honking behind me

87. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 22, 2013, 12:52 Redmask

Talk about being too defensive over a game.

My thoughts on GTA 5 based on the 5-6 hours I've played it so far.

The good:
- awesome open world
- good writing with interesting characters
- missions are more varied and less annoying than GTA4
- good visuals for a console game

The bad:
- shitty/busy controls, totally inexcusable that Rockstar keeps getting this wrong game after game
- Few tangible rewards for actually doing things in the world
- Incredibly uneven framerate
- No online yet

It's a good game but not the be all, end all. If you don't like these style of games then this won't change your mind. I would really like to see them go back to the mold for the next game, I do think they need to completely redo controls and combat systems from the ground up.

This comment was edited on Sep 22, 2013, 13:03.

86. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 22, 2013, 10:01 xXBatmanXx

wha whaaaaaa...... I am glad you guys feel the need to come in and say you aren't playing. It is a great game, and there is probably a reason why I have 4 of you blocked already.

This comment was edited on Sep 22, 2013, 10:31.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

85. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 17, 2013, 07:06 Dmitri_M

Quinn wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 06:07:
cronik wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 06:03:
Jerykk wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 01:20:
On a side note, I still don't really understand all the hype for GTA5 or the series in general. The open-world action genre has come a long way since GTA3 and the series just feels stagnant now. Hell, GTAV is basically just reusing the same setting as San Andreas. The actual gameplay mechanics haven't improved much either. Combat and traversal are completely mediocre and uninteresting. So why all the hype? If this wasn't called GTAV and was a new IP instead, would you still care?

I kind of agree with this. I've been watching a few live streams, and even though the game looks fun, there is a bit of a 'been there, done that' feeling to the whole thing.

Can't agree more with the two of you. I realize this most because I really couldn't care less whether it's coming to PC or not.

Count me in on this too. Though the buzz created by the casual masses is hard to resist. I always end up buying it. Sandboxing some police chases and never actually finishing the game because I get bored watching NPCs talk.

Right now I'm playing Splinter Cell Blacklist. Great game. A return to form for the series. Kill things well with minimal fluff.

84. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 17, 2013, 06:07 Quinn

cronik wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 06:03:
On a side note, I still don't really understand all the hype for GTA5 or the series in general. The open-world action genre has come a long way since GTA3 and the series just feels stagnant now. Hell, GTAV is basically just reusing the same setting as San Andreas. The actual gameplay mechanics haven't improved much either. Combat and traversal are completely mediocre and uninteresting. So why all the hype? If this wasn't called GTAV and was a new IP instead, would you still care?

I kind of agree with this. I've been watching a few live streams, and even though the game looks fun, there is a bit of a 'been there, done that' feeling to the whole thing.

Can't agree more with the two of you. I realize this most because I really couldn't care less whether it's coming to PC or not.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

83. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 17, 2013, 06:03 cronik

82. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 16, 2013, 20:42 nin

[VG]Reagle wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 20:39:
Rockstar leaned us over and Screwed us when they NEVER released Red Dead on the PC.

Now they dug us up and are SCREWING OUR CORPSES with this GTA 5 thing.

AARRRRRRRRGTHGHAAREAEAEGHHGHHGHGHGGGGGAGAGGGGGA

I'm kind of happy you're not playing, frankly.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

81. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 16, 2013, 20:39 [VG]Reagle

Rockstar leaned us over and Screwed us when they NEVER released Red Dead on the PC.

Now they dug us up and are SCREWING OUR CORPSES with this GTA 5 thing.

AARRRRRRRRGTHGHAAREAEAEGHHGHHGHGHGGGGGAGAGGGGGA

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.

80. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 16, 2013, 15:25 BobBob

GTA series reminds me of Jerry Springer.

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 2013, 15:31.

79. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 16, 2013, 11:54 Beamer

jdreyer wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 23:49:
I'm sure there will be a PC version. It costs them a few dozen grand to convert it, and they'll make that back in spades.

They probably can't even port the menus for a few dozen grand, let alone the entire game. I still do not understand how so many people lowball these things to such a degree that it's more or less exponential.

But yeah, I think that it will definitely be out within a year. Unlike RDR, which was expected to be a flop and was a horrible development process, I fully expect this is being designed with a future port being planned.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

78. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 16, 2013, 11:50 Verno

ItBurn wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 10:47:
Canpar...

Never even heard of them, Amazon should probably contract with a different carrier. Oh well sorry to hear that dude.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

77. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 16, 2013, 11:29 Creston

Hell, GTAV is basically just reusing the same setting as San Andreas.

The city is called San Andreas, yeah. That's about all that's been re-used. It's a completely new map. Unlike another open world game I could mention *cough* Saint's Row IV *cough* where few people complained that it was literally the same map.

The actual gameplay mechanics haven't improved much either.

Except that this time around, the fact the mechanics have been improved is one of the big selling points, and the lucky bastards who got their copies early are almost unanimously saying that it plays smoother and controls much, much sharper.

Combat and traversal are completely mediocre and uninteresting.

That's your opinion, which doesn't somehow make it a fact. I love driving around in GTA. Far more so than in other open world games, where the driving is fucking terrible. (Sleeping Dogs comes to mind, Just Cause 2, Saint's Row.) At least in GTA (since 4) I feel like I'm driving something with actual weight to it.

So why all the hype? If this wasn't called GTAV and was a new IP instead, would you still care?

I love open world games, so yeah, I would. You also completely ignore that GTA features awesome characters, a cool story, that it has (imo) pretty sweet mission design, and is laugh-out-loud hilarious at times.

If that's not enough for you, eh, your loss.

76. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 16, 2013, 11:12 Creston

Paranoid Jack wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 00:29:
Creston wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 00:10:
"Your Amazon.com order of "Grand Theft Auto V" has shipped!"

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Saturday, I order a copy for my brother who is down on his luck. I got a notice saying it won't be there until the 19th. WTF? The Amazon page states FREE two day shipping and get it release day plus I've got Amazon Prime which is another way of getting it Free 2-Day. Still kind of wondering why it will be two days late. He has plenty of other stuff to play. I just hope he doesn't go out and buy it. He may trade in some old games or something. I wanted it to be a surprise... ah, Hell.

I think they probably ran out and won't get more copies in until Monday. That'd be my guess.

75. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 16, 2013, 11:11 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 00:35:
I ordered some games well in advance from Amazon with their "release day gurantee" the problem is, the gurantee doesn't mean shit. I got them all 2 days late while everyone else was playing. I opened a ticket and they ignored it.

Never again Amazon. Never again.

Did Amazon ship them two days beforehand? If so, it's not really their fault. Sometimes UPS/Fedex just don't deliver on time.

When I was a courier for DHL in Holland, we tried to deliver everything we were given, but we had quite a few days where the volume was just too large (and management refused to hire more couriers), so we'd just take shit back and take it back out the next day. And if some poor schmuck was 30 minutes out of my normal route, it could mean he'd wait for 2 to 3 days before I had time to go out there.

74. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 16, 2013, 10:47 ItBurn

Verno wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 10:32:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 10:00:
I live in Montreal, and not even in a remote area.

What logistics company is it?

Canpar...

73. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 16, 2013, 10:32 Verno

What logistics company is it?

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

72. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 16, 2013, 10:23 SpectralMeat

I think their distro center is in Toronto.
I usually get the packages the next day from amazon, and their customer service is one of the best.

Steam: SpectralMeat

71. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 16, 2013, 10:00 ItBurn

Verno wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 09:58:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 09:44:
I can't order from amazon anymore. They use a weird company noone heard of to ship orders here. They're COMPLETELY incompetent and treat you like shit. You absolutely have to go get the package at their "plant". They won't deliver it to your door. It's a 30 minute drive that is impossible to do without a GPS and there's no public transportation whatsoever near. Amazon support basically told me that there's nothing they can do and they won't even log a complaint or something.

You can't post something like that without mentioning where you are. They're a good company but they don't work miracles, they are at the mercy of the local logistics just like you are.

90 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo