Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition Next Month

The Bethesda Blog announces plans for a Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition, which bundles Arkane's stealth/action game and four of its add-ons. This will be released in North America on October 8th. They also announce that Arkane is "ramping up for what’s next" by revealing nothing at all about what the developer is up to now (recent rumors say they've taken over development of Prey 2), but does list a few job openings for those interested in working at the Austin, TX-based studio.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition Next Month Sep 14, 2013, 02:05 Acleacius

really liked Dishonored all around, with the single exception of the Bone Charms. Their implementation was a failure, since you couldn't build your own as with Runes. You were forced to get crap BCs out of an arrogant randomization.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition Next Month Sep 13, 2013, 22:56 jimnms

Guess I should have waited. I grabbed it and the DLC available during the summer sale for something like $12 total. I didn't know they were going to release more DLC for it, then follow up with a GOTY. Even though it's currently next on my to play list, I wouldn't have minded waiting a bit longer to get it all in one package, on sale of course.  

MeanJim on Steam

8. Re: Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition Next Month Sep 13, 2013, 16:18 JayDeath

Oh this game is so wonderful. I haven't played the latest dlc but the other dlc was fun. I heard the latest dlc was really good but really short so I'm being cheap and waiting for a sale. Maybe I'll just buy it now.  
Steam: Henry Krinkle

I want a new Brothers in Arms game!

7. Re: Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition Next Month Sep 13, 2013, 12:46 CJ_Parker

Good. Now go on sale and we have a deal, Mr. Dishonored GOTY  

6. Re: Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition Next Month Sep 13, 2013, 11:06 nin

born2expire wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 11:03:

Ummm there was only 3 add-ons, does this mean there is another one coming?

Void Walker Arsenal

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition Next Month Sep 13, 2013, 11:03 born2expire

Dishonored was fantastic, just played it and all its DLC recently. Did the entire game (and DLC's) without killing anyone or being detected, As soon as I finished I played again in high chaos getting the Mostly Flesh and Steel acheivement.

I don't see why this game cannot be mentioned without Bioshock coming up? Personally I HATED the Bioshock games, I don't see any comparison.

The Bethesda Blog announces plans for a Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition, which bundles Arkane's stealth/action game and four of its add-ons.

Ummm there was only 3 add-ons, does this mean there is another one coming?

edit. ohh they consider Void Walker’s Arsenal a add-on, lame.

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 2013, 11:09.

4. Re: Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition Next Month Sep 13, 2013, 10:56 Beamer

nin wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 10:41:
although Bioshock Infinite has for sure better graphics.

It certainly had the look/feel of a AAA title. And I agree, I like Dishonored better as well. Inf was good overall, but really felt pieced together in parts (the sudden switch to a violent shooter at the beginning, the odd inclusion of Comstock's wife as a ghost you fight, less of an emphasis on rails than portrayed in the trailers, etc).

Dishonored wasn't perfect, either, but I liked that you could make small changes to the story, and the art design (same guy as Half Life 2) was outstanding.

Bioshock Infinite was far ebtter in plot and emotional arc, probably the best action game there to date - I really think it broke new ground.
Dishonored was more fun from a gameplay point of view. I hated it at first, quickly learned to love it, and may have loved it a bit less or more after discovering quicksave, not sure. But I played at least two levels before figuring out it was there (not used to such things on consoles) and it really changed how I played. I was less careful, but I also had fewer frustrating moments of having to run halfway across a map to hide from a big group of enemies.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

3. Re: Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition Next Month Sep 13, 2013, 10:46 Verno

Awesome, I'll definitely pick it up. Dishonored was a ton of fun and deserved all of its success and accolades, haters be damned.  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

2. Re: Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition Next Month Sep 13, 2013, 10:41 nin

although Bioshock Infinite has for sure better graphics.

It certainly had the look/feel of a AAA title. And I agree, I like Dishonored better as well. Inf was good overall, but really felt pieced together in parts (the sudden switch to a violent shooter at the beginning, the odd inclusion of Comstock's wife as a ghost you fight, less of an emphasis on rails than portrayed in the trailers, etc).

Dishonored wasn't perfect, either, but I liked that you could make small changes to the story, and the art design (same guy as Half Life 2) was outstanding.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition Next Month Sep 13, 2013, 10:36 El Pit

Right now, I'm playing Bioshock Infinite, and I have to say that Dishonored is IMO by far the better game, although Bioshock Infinite has for sure better graphics. And I also think that I enjoyed playing the first Bioshock game more than Infinite.  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo