Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Arma III

The Arma 3 website announces that Arma III has deployed, and Bohemia Interactive's military shooter sequel is now available worldwide as either a standard edition or as a Digital Deluxe edition. The game is available at retail and via digital distribution through Steam directly, or through the BIS Store, which fulfils through Steam anyway. The launch trailer shows off gameplay, and here's word:

OUT NOW - Available in digital and physical retail stores worldwide, Bohemia Interactive is proud to announce today’s much-anticipated release of Arma 3. The brand new launch trailer introduces players to the authentic, diverse and open combat in Arma 3’s massive military sandbox.

Set on the Mediterranean islands of Altis (270 km˛) and Stratis (20 km˛), Arma 3 features 12 singleplayer showcases, 3 factions showcases, 9 multiplayer scenarios, 10 firing drill challenges, more than 20 vehicles and 40 weapons, 5 factions, the scenario editor and modding support. The post-launch campaign will be made available via free DLC episodes after release. The complete overview of content can be found here.

“We’re incredibly proud of the release of Arma 3, as well as of the unique collaboration with the people who joined for the early-access development. We experienced some significant setbacks in the past years, but the fantastic public response to the Alpha and Beta kept us going,” said Joris-Jan van ‘t Land, Project Lead on Arma 3. “Together we’ve made a game that truly meets its potential - while establishing a platform to build upon and grow even further. Our long-term commitment to Arma 3, in combination with the creative modding community and Steam Workshop, means this is just the kick off. We thank everyone for their splendid support and welcome you all to join our journey ahead.”

People can purchase the regular Arma 3 (44.99 EUR/39.99 GBP/59.99 USD) or the Arma 3 Digital Deluxe Edition (49.99 EUR/42.99 GBP/64.99 USD) from Steam and Store.bistudio.com. A boxed version of Arma 3 is also available at many of the major retailers.

Last but not least, Arma 3 Alpha and Arma 3 Beta participants will be able to play the final game after downloading the automatic update on Steam. Visit this page for answers to some of the more frequently asked questions.

View
66 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

46. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 16:44 Ludomancer

Wildone wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 15:58:
wow all these people who wanna 'spend there money elsewhere' then fuck off and dont bother posting we dont care to know where your money goes. Thx.

I had no idea teenagers these days even knew Blues existed, let alone posted on it...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

45. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 16:02 vrok

Wildone wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 15:58:
wow all these people who wanna 'spend there money elsewhere' then fuck off and dont bother posting we dont care to know where your money goes. Thx.
No one gives a fuck about what you think about their posts. You've only been acting like a crying child throughout this entire thread. Fuck off and don't bother posting if you have nothing to add about the game.

44. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 15:58 Wildone

43. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 15:16 Sir Graves

Dmitri_M wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 14:56:
Why they would choose to set it on a weird greek island and then not include the campaign that would no doubt have given the Greek setting a point is beyond me.

Well they are including it, episodically, soon after release. First episode (part) comes out next month. They certainly aren't leaving it out, just taking a bit more time to polish it.

I play almost entirely co-op with friends, so we have no problem with this, obviously, as we just use the editor and user missions from the Steam Workshop and Armaholic. If you play by yourself then yeah, this is more of a bummer to have to wait a few more weeks for the start of your campaign. Wasn't the best way they could have planned it, I agree, but oh well.

All that said, Arma 3 is absolutely gorgeous(!), and insanely fun and epic! The main island, Altis, is a masterpiece. My GOTY for sure.

42. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 14:56 Dmitri_M

They're catering to their fanbase. Most longtime players never bothered with the campaigns at ArmA 1 or ArmA 2. ArmA 3 SP is the mission editor. As it was in ArmA 2 and 1..

They were likely shit anyhow. I don't know. I never touched them and I've had OFP and ArmA installed on every machine I've owned in the past 13 years. I feel pity for any gamer here that actually tried to play through a post 2005 BIS campaign. You guys are true soldiers.

Why they would choose to set it on a weird Greek island and then not include the campaign that would no doubt have given the Greek setting a point - that is truly beyond me. I can only imagine the terrible, terrible campaign they had planned. World War 3 is triggered by elicit trading in olives?

They should be choosing themes. Cold War. Jungle. China versus America. BIS are out of touch and incapable of producing anything with broad appeal. The only reason OFP's campaigns were decent was because Codemasters whipped the Czechs.

They're not capable of developing their own engine into an actual "game". I doubt any of them even play it.

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 2013, 15:11.

41. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 14:50 Angrius Maximis

60 bucks, online only? No thanks  

40. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 14:49 WyldKat

I was wrong, there is a fixed wing aircraft, but just one. The flight model is pretty damn nice though.  

39. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 14:28 LesCaster

Wildone wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 14:17:
yea looks like your no sale will cause BI to go bankrupt. If ONLY they had listened to you.

Right. Because what company would want MORE sales? Crazy, I know.

I once prayed to god for a bike, but quickly found out he didnt work that way...so I stole a bike and prayed for his forgiveness.

38. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 14:17 Wildone

yea looks like your no sale will cause BI to go bankrupt. If ONLY they had listened to you.  

37. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 14:07 sfMadMax

Can't agree with you more brother!

Everyone bitching about no SP and patches that will possibly break scripted AI, go play splinter cell.

36. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 14:05 Joss

The update from Beta to full game (131mb) made the gameplay smoother for me; we're talking all out war in Kavala (Invade & Annex) with 46 players online. Can actually enjoy the stree-to-street fighting now.

Would welcome even more perf. magic.

35. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 14:01 Cutter

Be! All that you can be! When you do it...in the Army!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

34. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 14:01 LesCaster

All I want to know is if they made any improvements over the horrendous control scheme from Arma 2?
I can appreciate this being a sim and not your standard run-and-gun FPS but they made the Arma 2 interface 10x more complicated than it needed to be. The rest of the game could be a masterpiece for all I care. If it's the same controls as before, then that's a no-sale for me.

I once prayed to god for a bike, but quickly found out he didnt work that way...so I stole a bike and prayed for his forgiveness.

33. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 14:01 Slinkycatz

My experience with ArmA singleplayer in I and II was that they worked best with the base install. Newer patches tended to break certain scripted events in SP. Because of this, I'd expect the SP in ArmA 3 to work best with the patch it gets released with.

Single player barely shows off what ArmA is capable of anyways. Multiplayer has always where it's been at. It is one thing dealing with scripted events, another thing totally when dealing with the chaos of the battlefield. Never knowing quite where the enemy is at all times, taking risks that sometimes pay off handsomely or flop pathetically.

32. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 13:59 WyldKat

I was hoping we'd see fixed wing aircraft and a campaign in this release. :\ Still love the game, and yeah I do mostly play it for the mods, but this version of the game is soooo much better than ARMA2 that I was looking forward to playing the campaign.  

31. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 13:44 Numinar

We were all sick of how the previous releases went down. Staging the content and pricing the way they did might be the best chance the series has of meeting it's true potential, and it has been good to me since OFP so I will give it a chance.

Sucks to buy a $60 MP game I guess (Though most scenarios in previous games worked alone or with others anyway). But every campaign has been all but unplayable in the past so maybe this will give them a chance to really lock some good content down, as with the ARMA 2 DLC.

We all want that awesome co-op open world non-linear campaign from ARMA 2, but there is no developer on the planet that could have made that work properly.

30. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 13:32 Raptor

Great trailer.
I checked that I have 22 hours in the game so far (started from Alpha), so I haven't really played that much - although by FPS standards it's probably quite a lot already.

I don't really see a problem here personally with calling the release.
If you wanted the game half price - get the alpha, let it sit on the shelf.
If you want it full price with the campaign - buy it when the campaign is added or when it goes on a sale. There's bound to be free DLC's coming up to add content.

If you know how ARMA games usually work, get it at whatever state and either create your own scenarious, play MP or get any of the million scenarious already released by the community.
If something doesn't work - wait for the next patch.

Does every game have to be CoD/BF these days?
I'd rather take this excellent realistic platform and build my own stuff at it than play an overpolished turd for 6 hours and then have an 8 year old sit on my face after having shot me from 500 meters away doing a full sprint.

I'm incredibly glad there's at least one game that is hard enough to actually shy some of the idiots away from it.
Actually I'm a bit dissapointed that ARMA 3 has been made more accessibly now, since it might reintroduce people who have to play every game the exact same way and then whine about it when things don't go as expected.

Also:
If they were honest they would sell MP and SP as stand-alone offerings
Wtf?
This is not a retail store where a package didn't have the correct amount of milk in it.

I think the label is quite correct, so maybe the drama is a bit too excessive?
Arma 3’s massive military sandbox

29. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 12:49 eRe4s3r

Indeed, dat power, it bogglez.

Besides, my only problem is that they sell half a game for full price. If they were honest they would sell MP and SP as stand-alone offerings.

28. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 12:48 LittleMe

Well since it's a PvE focused game, the missing campaign is a glaring omission. I've been yearning to play the big island and now I can go see it so... see ya!

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

27. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 12:44 Wildone

OMG because you failed to support this game its gonna just crumble and vanish. What power your wallet has  

66 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo