Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 4 Spectator Video

This video shows off the spectator mode in Battlefield 4, including ways to view the action through the eyes of the combatants as part of the tabletop overview mode. The clip also includes a bunch of new gameplay footage on the Paracel Storm map. Thanks DSOGaming.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Battlefield 4 Spectator Video Sep 12, 2013, 10:53 eRe4s3r

Kosh401 wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 08:47:
Spectator mode in BF4 is live, it's not a recorded demo that you watch after a match. So someone will still have to be watching and recording live, many awesome Battlefield moments are still going to go unrecorded. Very unfortunate, everyone just wanted BattleRecorder back! They are aware of that, though, as per some of their Gamescon interviews.

Also, spectator mode in BF4 will support 4 slots per server (in addition to the 64 players + 2 commanders)

Yeah, a legal wallhack.. just what BF4 needed ~.~ ALL competitive spectate modes have a 1 to 4 minute DELAY for a good reason.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Battlefield 4 Spectator Video Sep 12, 2013, 08:47 Kosh401

Spectator mode in BF4 is live, it's not a recorded demo that you watch after a match. So someone will still have to be watching and recording live, many awesome Battlefield moments are still going to go unrecorded. Very unfortunate, everyone just wanted BattleRecorder back! They are aware of that, though, as per some of their Gamescon interviews.

Also, spectator mode in BF4 will support 4 slots per server (in addition to the 64 players + 2 commanders)

12. Re: Battlefield 4 Spectator Video Sep 12, 2013, 08:37 Verno

Redmask wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 22:42:
born2expire wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 22:35:
I'm scared of the netcode. I mean BF3's was awful, and with all the additions they are adding to it in BF4, god help us. I hope they improved it 100%.

Yeah, BF3 had some pretty godawful netcode even after playing around with client delay prediction.

Agreed, Battlefield 3 had some seriously wonky client side hit detection that was tremendously annoying. Getting hit behind cover from lag fire was a regular occurrence.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

11. Re: Battlefield 4 Spectator Video Sep 12, 2013, 08:09 eRe4s3r

Arithon wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 07:44:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 22:02:
I hope this isn't real-time spectating, but rather DEMO spectating... because if it's real-time the amount of abuses possible are boggling.

It would be a little pointless if it wasn't real-time. Currently the cheating possible without server admin's being able to have oversight is already "boggling". A least with this we can see if people are using aim-bots, wall-hacks, glitches and stat-padding!

I'm just really hoping for BattleRecorder, as this would be invaluable tool for a host of reasons.

As much as I want cheaters to be banned, but you know people are going to abuse the "you can see everything" spectate mode in public matches until there is no tomorrow if there isn't a delay. 10 seconds would be enough and not make any difference when you want to catch cheaters, but if it isn't delayed this will be abused and ruin the game. More than cheaters, you can't do anything against a clan that abuses the spectate tool on their own server. BF4 needs a proper recording method, and not a live spectate...

10. Re: Battlefield 4 Spectator Video Sep 12, 2013, 07:44 Arithon

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 22:02:
I hope this isn't real-time spectating, but rather DEMO spectating... because if it's real-time the amount of abuses possible are boggling.

It would be a little pointless if it wasn't real-time. Currently the cheating possible without server admin's being able to have oversight is already "boggling". A least with this we can see if people are using aim-bots, wall-hacks, glitches and stat-padding!

I'm just really hoping for BattleRecorder, as this would be invaluable tool for a host of reasons.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

9. Re: Battlefield 4 Spectator Video Sep 12, 2013, 06:47 fawker

This is the same game engine, I see hit detection being no different than it is now.

They would have been more than happy to admit it wasn't by now, if that was true.

8. Re: Battlefield 4 Spectator Video Sep 11, 2013, 22:58 born2expire

Redmask wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 22:42:
I'm scared of the netcode. I mean BF3's was awful, and with all the additions they are adding to it in BF4, god help us. I hope they improved it 100%.

Yeah, BF3 had some pretty godawful netcode even after playing around with client delay prediction.

the biggest problem was the client side hit detection, now dice/EA have been very tight lipped about if BF4 will make that same mistake or not. Sadly that is a deal breaker for me, BF3's hit detection took ALL the fun out of the game for me, especially when tools from the other side to the world insist on playing on servers that they ping 300+ and then use a sniper rifle.

7. Re: Battlefield 4 Spectator Video Sep 11, 2013, 22:42 Redmask

6. Re: Battlefield 4 Spectator Video Sep 11, 2013, 22:39 Closed Betas

Spectator Mode is nothing new, usually only 1-2 slots available for ta's.. Its a good thing because you can't do e-sports without it.. So hopefully EA is thinking E-sports. Competitive play is a must, otherwise the pug grinding gets out of control and fun is lost... Clan play has no point as no puggers will play against a clan.. Aslo this might mean Battle Recorder might make it? Which means a huge cheating deterrent for communities... as if you can do BR, you can see who was cheating and ban from your servers..  

5. Re: Battlefield 4 Spectator Video Sep 11, 2013, 22:35 born2expire

4. Re: Battlefield 4 Spectator Video Sep 11, 2013, 22:31 Closed Betas

Spectator Mode is nothing new, usually only 1-2 slots available for ta's.. Its a good thing because you can't do e-sports without it.. so hopefully EA is thinking e-sports. And this means Battle Recorder might make it? Which means a huge cheating deterrent for communities... as if you can do BR, you can see who was cheating and ban from your servers..  

3. Re: Battlefield 4 Spectator Video Sep 11, 2013, 22:02 eRe4s3r

2. Re: Battlefield 4 Spectator Video Sep 11, 2013, 22:00 SpectralMeat

Yeah I have to agree this does look decent, and so does the weapon customization.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

1. Re: Battlefield 4 Spectator Video Sep 11, 2013, 21:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, about damned time. This should cut down on the false hackusations that BF3 has, and make it easier to spot the actual cheaters.

On top of that, it's always fun to have good spec tools for entertainment, let alone game-related education.

Battlefield 3.5 is looking pretty good, I think I'm sold on it, despite the price tag.

*EDIT* Offtopic, Blue, did you change something in the coding recently? I can't view bluesnews in Chrome on my smartphone anymore without the background showing up as white, making most of the text unreadable. It used to(as of like.. two weeks ago?) work fine on my phone.

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo