Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Endwar Online Announced

Ubisoft announces Tom Clancy's Endwar Online, an upcoming browser-based MOBA game using the name of the RTS game released in early 2009. There were briefly plans for an Endwar sequel which were soon backburnered, and now the series has shifted genres. A Tom Clancy's EndWar Online website has media, details, and signups for those interested in testing the game. Here's a trailer and here's word:

PARIS, FRANCE – September 10, 2013 – Today, during the company’s Digital Days event, Ubisoft announced the development of Tom Clancy’s EndWar Online for browser-based gameplay on PC and Mac. Developed by Ubisoft Shanghai, the team behind the console version of Tom Clancy’s EndWar®, Tom Clancy’s EndWar Online is a tactical and strategic MMO that offers real time battles, HQ and army management, and massive community-based wars, all set in next stage browser technology to deliver an unrivalled gameplay experience. As the latest game in the Tom Clancy’s EndWar world, Tom Clancy’s EndWar Online puts players in the shoes of the last leader in the aftermath of WW3. Resources and money have run dry, factions are on the brink of collapse and rogue warlords have taken over. As one of the last leaders, players are tasked with rebuilding their homeland, reuniting their faction and spearheading the final battle for Earth’s remaining resources. Players choose a side, the high-tech European Enforcers or Russia’s Spetsnaz who deploy brute force tactics, to lead into battle. Offering both single player and player vs. player challenges, Tom Clancy’s EndWar Online brings diverse gameplay options and deep strategy to gamers.

“We have been looking for a way to bring EndWar back to its fans and have found an accessible way with Tom Clancy’s EndWar Online ,” said Thomas Painçon, EMEA Free-to-Play Publishing Director at Ubisoft. “By offering gameplay directly in browsers, we hope old fans and new alike will enjoy this new EndWar experience and join in the quest to lead their faction to victory.”

Tom Clancy’s EndWar Online is free-to-play and currently in closed beta. Fans interested in signing up or finding more information about the game can do so at www.endwaronline.com.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Endwar Online Announced Sep 11, 2013, 20:32 smackdaddy

ZZzz...ZZzz...ZZzz....huh what oh...ZZzz...ZZzz...ZZzz...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Endwar Online Announced Sep 11, 2013, 17:49 Ozmodan

Seriously, there are only so many moba players. I would like to know where they are going to find people to play this game? Give it six months and you will some of these games failing.  

13. Re: Endwar Online Announced Sep 11, 2013, 17:26 007Bistromath

The players seem to control what would normally be called creeps. There don't seem to be any heroes.

Therefore, this isn't a MOBA. It's just a massively dumbed-down RTS. Considering how simplified the original EndWar was (despite being fun, mind you) I don't see how this will be worth even watching another video of.

Who the hell decided this was a good idea?

12. Re: Endwar Online Announced Sep 11, 2013, 17:25 RollinThundr

Optional nickname wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 14:12:
this looks good enough to finally say goodbye to ALL EA games, thanks UBI!

I never understand comments like this, a good game is a good game regardless of the publisher name on the box. Why people often skip great games because EA or Gearbox or <insert dev & publisher here> I'll never understand.

Unless it's a developer noted for putting out trash. I suppose I can understand if your hate for a publisher/dev is so severe that you don't buy their titles based on that, but still, why deprive yourself of a good gaming experienced based on the name on the box?

11. Re: Endwar Online Announced Sep 11, 2013, 15:09 Verno

Cutter wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 12:27:
What about the zombies? Does it have the zombies?!

Kickstarted F2P Zombie MOBA set in World War II Hole

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

10. Re: Endwar Online Announced Sep 11, 2013, 14:12 Optional nickname

this looks good enough to finally say goodbye to ALL EA games, thanks UBI!  

9. Re: Endwar Online Announced Sep 11, 2013, 12:50 fawker

ENDWARFACE  

8. Re: Endwar Online Announced Sep 11, 2013, 12:27 Cutter

What about the zombies? Does it have the zombies?!

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

7. Re: Endwar Online Announced Sep 11, 2013, 10:31 eRe4s3r

I know it was sarcasm don't mind me.. I was just ranting because I read "Ubisoft" and "f2p"

I don't much like either. And just like you, I have not found a single f2p game that didn't instantly feel like a waste of time.

6. Re: Endwar Online Announced Sep 11, 2013, 10:28 Jivaro

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 09:44:
Hrm, a browser based MOBA from Ubisoft... free to play...

I think they have effectively used all the catchphrases required for me to NEVER play this game.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Unlike what seems to be the majority here, F2P in itself doesn't bother me. Even titles that can arguably qualify for P2W don't really bother me. I am not a fan of the MOBA genre, but I am not shut off to it either. I have never played a browser based game that I enjoyed for longer then 5 minutes but I recognize that it's only a matter of time before a good one comes along. Ubisoft is still in my doghouse, but they have made some significant strides in the last year as a company and with UPLAY that I view as much more customer friendly. All of that said, combine all those things into one game and I can't really see myself playing it...that's a whole lot of "meh" for one game.

This comment was edited on Sep 11, 2013, 10:35.

5. Re: Endwar Online Announced Sep 11, 2013, 10:00 SpectralMeat

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 09:55:
SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 09:45:
Browser based F2P facebook games are the future of PC gaming.

Or it's downfall. There are enough plebs who play these games and pay to win without a second thought. But I find it quite hilarious that Ubisoft makes a pay to win MOBA. Of all things....

By the way, Ubisoft games that are free to play are the epitome of everything I hate about free to play... not a single one of them is not pay to win.
I was being sarcastic
Ones a game is f2p I instantly loose all interest in it.
Not a single f2p game entertained me to day to make me want to spend money on it, and I've tried a lot of them from fps to tank battles, to air combat dogfight games.
Just feel like wasting my time playing those games.
This EndWar game and Command and Conquer just feels like a desperate attempt to get the "casual" gamers to pay to win
No thanks

Steam: SpectralMeat

4. Re: Endwar Online Announced Sep 11, 2013, 09:55 eRe4s3r

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 09:45:

Or it's downfall. There are enough plebs who play these games and pay to win without a second thought. But I find it quite hilarious that Ubisoft makes a pay to win MOBA. Of all things....

By the way, Ubisoft games that are free to play are the epitome of everything I hate about free to play... not a single one of them is not pay to win.

3. Re: Endwar Online Announced Sep 11, 2013, 09:54 Whiskers

I wonder if it will be Free 2 Play like Ghost Recon Online. Sure, you can play it for free, but you'll end up spending half a decade to get enough ingame points to be competitive with the people who just buy new guns and armor for $10 every time they come out.  

2. Re: Endwar Online Announced Sep 11, 2013, 09:45 SpectralMeat

Steam: SpectralMeat

1. Re: Endwar Online Announced Sep 11, 2013, 09:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, a browser based MOBA from Ubisoft... free to play...

I think they have effectively used all the catchphrases required for me to NEVER play this game.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo