Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

FIFA 14 Demo

Origin now offers the promised FIFA 14 demo for Windows PCs, offering the chance to kick around the new installment in the association football/soccer series (thanks DSOGaming). There's no word on what the demo offers.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: FIFA 14 Demo Sep 10, 2013, 19:45 LaxerFL

I love sports games and I am an avid PC gamer but I always go to a console for my sports fix.

I think of PC gaming as single player or online multiplayer and consoles as single location multiplayer. I think that way mainly because of how I've always setup my PCs. On a desk with one chair, one keyboard, one mouse, one controller and my PC monitors have always been smaller then my main TVs. It just isn't feasible to game on my PC with more then one person.

The console, on the other hand, is always in my living room with a big couch and plenty of seating and controllers and a giant TV to play on. A console has always been a social gaming setup for me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: FIFA 14 Demo Sep 10, 2013, 19:33 RollinThundr

Eirikrautha wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 18:05:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 14:01:
I think it's more the lack of sales for sports titles on PC is why they don't bother anymore.

That's a chicken and egg problem. They make crappy ports and don't sell some sports games on PC (see the NHL franchise), then complain that the sales on PC are too small to justify better ports or increased offerings.

Self-fulfilling prophecy.

I dunno, I found the PC versions of the late 90's NHL to be not all that bad. The sales I don't think were there, especially with hockey being somewhat a niche sport everywhere except for Canada and the north east.

I honestly think that's why EA dropped the PC sku when the now current gen cycle consoles launched.

4. Re: FIFA 14 Demo Sep 10, 2013, 18:05 Eirikrautha

RollinThundr wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 14:01:
I think it's more the lack of sales for sports titles on PC is why they don't bother anymore.

That's a chicken and egg problem. They make crappy ports and don't sell some sports games on PC (see the NHL franchise), then complain that the sales on PC are too small to justify better ports or increased offerings.

Self-fulfilling prophecy.

3. Re: FIFA 14 Demo Sep 10, 2013, 14:01 RollinThundr

2. Re: FIFA 14 Demo Sep 10, 2013, 12:33 reisub

You're correct. Their minor incremental updates are obviously too much work to port.  

1. Re: FIFA 14 Demo Sep 10, 2013, 11:20 NeOCidE

Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't us PC gamers been shafted with Fifa 14, in terms of consoles get a new meaty engine and we get the left overs so to speak?  
Trent Reznor - Atticus Ross an incredible team.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo