Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

New BioWare Boss Named

EA has named Matthew Bromberg as the new head of their BioWare label, reports GamesBeat, saying the General Manager of BioWare Austin will fill the shoes left by the departure of company founders Greg Zeschuk and Ray Muzyka. Here's word:

Bromberg will now be the group general manager of the BioWare label. He will retain leadership of the BioWare Austin division and extend his responsibilities to include BioWare Canada (Edmonton and Montreal), as well as the Victory studio in Los Angeles and the Waystone Studio in Redwood City, CA.

Reporting to Bromberg will be Aaryn Flynn (for BioWare Canada); Jon Van Caneghem (for Victory and Waystone); and Jeff Hickman, who will become the new general manager of Bioware Austin.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: New BioWare Boss Named Sep 10, 2013, 23:11 Creston

NKD wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 17:37:
Creston wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 12:02:
Both former doctors apparently wanted him to succeed them, but I do believe he was in charge over the... shall we say rather lacklustre TOR.

He was the guy brought in around the time they transitioned it over to F2P. He's only been with the company since last year.

Ah okay. I stand corrected.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: New BioWare Boss Named Sep 10, 2013, 19:05 UttiniDaKilrJawa

I keep reading that headline and thinking...
OOOOH..
a new raid boss.

10. Re: New BioWare Boss Named Sep 10, 2013, 17:37 NKD

Creston wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 12:02:
Both former doctors apparently wanted him to succeed them, but I do believe he was in charge over the... shall we say rather lacklustre TOR.

He was the guy brought in around the time they transitioned it over to F2P. He's only been with the company since last year.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

9. Re: New BioWare Boss Named Sep 10, 2013, 14:37 Creston

Beelzebud wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 12:56:
They should have made a Mass Effect MMO, and done something original with it involving the whole space flight element. Instead we got a Star Wars re-skin of WoW.

The Mass Effect MMO is not completely shelved yet, apparently, but I think after the utter disappointment that was ToR, Bioware's enthusiasm for the project has probably waned.

8. Re: New BioWare Boss Named Sep 10, 2013, 13:34 NegaDeath

Paragon: Congratulations on the much deserved promotion!
Neutral: Not bad.
Renegade: *punches him*

7. Re: New BioWare Boss Named Sep 10, 2013, 13:34 Doma

avianflu wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 10:10:
"Jon Van Caneghem"

Really? This guy has nine lives.

He made the fantastic Heroes of Might and Magic series back in the day.

For that I love him.

I hope he stops fucking around with EA and goes indie to make a proper game. But then again, he probably likes sacks of cash and butchering C&C with F2P

6. Re: New BioWare Boss Named Sep 10, 2013, 12:56 Beelzebud

They should have made a Mass Effect MMO, and done something original with it involving the whole space flight element. Instead we got a Star Wars re-skin of WoW.  

5. Re: New BioWare Boss Named Sep 10, 2013, 12:46 TangledThorns

If they wanna make a quick buck they should remake KOTOR using the latest Mass Effect engine.  

4. Re: New BioWare Boss Named Sep 10, 2013, 12:02 Creston

3. Re: New BioWare Boss Named Sep 10, 2013, 11:30 Techie714

Anybody know anything about this guy? He will be setting the tone of Bioware games for years to come...Unless he sucks..lol  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

2. Re: New BioWare Boss Named Sep 10, 2013, 10:27 EricFate

So they went with the guy who Zeschuk and Muzyka hand picked to replace them. That's safe. Even with all the KOTOR baggage.  

1. Re: New BioWare Boss Named Sep 10, 2013, 10:10 avianflu

"Jon Van Caneghem"

Really? This guy has nine lives.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo