Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Mobilization

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 11, 2013, 04:47 Ant

I don't even own a mobile phone. So, no problems!

Now, if I can get my health insurances, cable Internet, etc. to be cheaper.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 10, 2013, 20:06 wtf_man

Verno wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 15:51:
I don't even use hands free systems, they are still too distracting in the car. I just toggle my ringer off while driving and never make outgoing calls, it's too dangerous to be messing around with it in there.

I don't dial out, even though I can do it by voice command.

However, if it's the wife, I'll answer with hands free and tell her to "make it quick" since I'm driving... conversation usually lasts less than 20 seconds and I never take my eyes off the road.

There's no excuse not to have hands free, if you are going to use the phone in a car... whether it is through the vehicle's media system, a bluetooth speaker on your visor, or a bluetooth single ear headset.

9. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 10, 2013, 19:45 Cutter

I'm not unhappy and angry all the time, quite the opposite in fact. Dumb shit just pisses me off. Like I almost ran over a 12 year girl week ago because the little idiot steps out between 2 parked vehicles with her face buried in her phone texting away. She came inches away from being another statistic. Fortunately her father was there and screamed at the kid. Then he snatched the phone away. I'm guessing her phone privileges will be gone for some time.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

8. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 10, 2013, 16:09 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 10:56:
Stop wasting time on your phone. I don't text or surf on my phone. I use it for work and emergencies and that's it. I pay $12 a month for an hour's talk time and I always have time left at the end of the month.

See Cutter this is why you are so unhappy and angry all the time. Use up those extra minutes at the end of the month and reach out and talk to someone about your pent up feelings

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 10, 2013, 15:51 Verno

wtf_man wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 15:41:
I think he meant one doesn't need to be doing that shit all the time.

That said... people that text or talk on the cell phone (without a handsfree system) while driving, need to be shot.

Sure but it was silly regardless. People don't pay big bucks for a smartphone just to not use it and they have plenty of legit, non "time wasting" functions. An easier solution is to just go with a budget provider. People don't need LTE and the best network, dealing with the odd dropout isn't the end of the world and can halve your bill. Some budget providers give incentive bonuses to bring your own phone as well. My girlfriend was paying $100 a month when we met, I swapped her to a budget provider that gives nearly the same service, has no contracts and is only $41 a month.

I don't even use hands free systems, they are still too distracting in the car. I just toggle my ringer off while driving and never make outgoing calls, it's too dangerous to be messing around with it in there.

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

6. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 10, 2013, 15:41 wtf_man

I think he meant one doesn't need to be doing that shit all the time.

That said... people that text or talk on the cell phone (without a handsfree system) while driving, need to be shot.

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 10, 2013, 14:56 Verno

Stop wasting time on your phone. I don't text or surf on my phone. I use it for work and emergencies and that's it. I pay $12 a month for an hour's talk time and I always have time left at the end of the month.

They are probably using their phone to text/talk to friends and family, that's sort of what you do with phones.

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 10, 2013, 14:54 Ozmodan

I don't touch any mobile games that have items shops. You always need to spend significant amounts in them to have to play the game. Much rather pay up front. I just consider these f2p games as some of the biggest scams on the net.  

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 10, 2013, 14:38 mch

That's how he does it so that's how everyone else should do it too.

PSN: CaseDesignate

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 10, 2013, 13:22 Fibrocyte

Indeed. Stop communicating on your communication device.

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 10, 2013, 10:56 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo