Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements

A tweet from the Battlefield word that beta access for Battlefield 4 is to be had with preorders of the Digital Deluxe edition of DICE's upcoming military shooter sequel. They also offer a graphic with system requirements for the game:

View
53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

53. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 11, 2013, 14:08 SESNut

Creston wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 12:11:
SESNut wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 02:05:
ORLY?
yeah bro, NO GAMES EVER HAVE USED DX10. No devs want to use that crap.

EXCLUSIVELY, no. Sure, they'll use it. And they still make DX9 versions as well though that is slowly being phased out because the majority is now on DX10/11. The idea that games are going to go exclusively DX12, when only 12-14% of the entire potential customer base can run it, is just blatantly ignorant and wrong, as has been demonstrated since Vista.

So the argument that your "legacy OS" won't be able to play something is simply false. But since you seem too dumb to understand that, and you seem to be one of these jokers that can't sustain an argument without turning into a drooling little asstard, you're now on ignore.

Look don't get all butthurt because you cant understand what is CURRENTLY HAPPENING. THEY DONT MAKE GAMES THAT RUN ON XP ANYMORE and they don't make them because it doesn't support dx10.

and eventually they wont support dx10

and 11

but this is probably too complicated for you to understand

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

52. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 14:28 Agent.X7

Lord Tea wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 01:51:
So, they recommend an AMD six-core CPU. AFAIK only the highest end intel CPUs have six cores

No, AMD procs have 6 cores as well, hell they even have 8 core ones now. They are nowhere near as good as the newest i7 6 cores, but they are around.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113284

$200 for an 8 core AMD on Newegg.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

51. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 14:25 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 13:50:
Razumen wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 13:41:
You don't know that, once games start being ported from PS3/XB1 with higher detailed textures it's very well possible that 2+ gigabytes of vram will start becoming the norm for high end performance.

Err exactly, no one knows that, that's the whole point of "foreseeable future" portion of my comment. Right now and well into 2014 at least it's not going to make a discernible difference. Hopefully in late 2014 or early 2015 we'll start seeing true next gen titles land. I'm not sure texture detail is where things are lacking anyways though. It's not a question of if, it's a question of when. People are fine with a 2GB video card for awhile yet.

Depends on what you play. A lot of choppy fps on MMOs is because every single character has a different texture set. GW2 WvW will lag all to hell during a zerg unless you have a ton of VRAM or turn the settings down. That's why the implemented the lower settings that make most people look like the guy from Assassin's Creed during moments when there are a ton of people on screen.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

50. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 14:07 Tanto Edge

I don't mind this twitter in the news thing, but change the iframe CSS from margin: 10px 0px; to margin: 0 auto;  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

49. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 13:50 Verno

Razumen wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 13:41:
You don't know that, once games start being ported from PS3/XB1 with higher detailed textures it's very well possible that 2+ gigabytes of vram will start becoming the norm for high end performance.

Err exactly, no one knows that, that's the whole point of "foreseeable future" portion of my comment. Right now and well into 2014 at least it's not going to make a discernible difference. Hopefully in late 2014 or early 2015 we'll start seeing true next gen titles land. I'm not sure texture detail is where things are lacking anyways though. It's not a question of if, it's a question of when. People are fine with a 2GB video card for awhile yet.

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 2013, 13:59.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

48. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 13:41 Razumen

Verno wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 11:26:
I don't buy the 3gb requirement.

The amount of video memory beyond 2GB makes little to no difference in performance benchmarks anyway for the foreseeable future.

47. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 13:01 Slinkycatz

I have a Galaxy 660 Ti, due to the memory bus in order for it to be a 2GB card it had to have a 1.5GB + .5GB memory configuration.

I didn't like it that way, so my OCD self sprung more $ for the 3GB [1.5GB+1.5GB configuration].

I'm pretty sure the game runs great on 2GB, maybe the 3GB helps if selecting the max texture detail? We'll see.

46. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 12:11 Creston

ORLY?

EXCLUSIVELY, no. Sure, they'll use it. And they still make DX9 versions as well though that is slowly being phased out because the majority is now on DX10/11. The idea that games are going to go exclusively DX12, when only 12-14% of the entire potential customer base can run it, is just blatantly ignorant and wrong, as has been demonstrated since Vista.

So the argument that your "legacy OS" won't be able to play something is simply false. But since you seem too dumb to understand that, and you seem to be one of these jokers that can't sustain an argument without turning into a drooling little asstard, you're now on ignore.

45. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 11:30 xXBatmanXx

Verno wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 08:29:
Given that people tend to play BF games for a long time I am telling people I know to just wait for a deal later on, this seems like BF 3.5 anyway.

*DING

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

44. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 11:26 Verno

I don't buy the 3gb requirement.

The amount of video memory beyond 2GB makes little to no difference in performance benchmarks anyway for the foreseeable future.

43. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 10:39 RollinThundr

SESNut wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 00:52:
LaxerFL wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 00:35:
nin wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 20:43:
Win8 64 and a 3 gig graphics card??? I understand it's "recommended" but still...

Damn...

Are you saying "damn" because you think the requirements are high? Any gaming rig built in the last 8 months should exceed those reqs. Aside from Windows 8 which is just a shit OS and they will have to pry Win7 from my cold dead hands, my 1 year old rig beats all those recommended specs.

only amd cards come with 3gb of ram

4gb NVidia cards are specialty items and show barely any difference in benchmarks

Wrong, there are 3gb Nvidia cards, I know, I have a 3 gig 770 in my machine right now.

42. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 09:06 Dagnamit

Quboid wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 08:07:
Win8 64 and a 3 gig graphics card??? I understand it's "recommended" but still...

Damn...

Are you saying "damn" because you think the requirements are high? Any gaming rig built in the last 8 months should exceed those reqs. Aside from Windows 8 which is just a shit OS and they will have to pry Win7 from my cold dead hands, my 1 year old rig beats all those recommended specs.

My 4 month old build with 2GB VRAM is most offended.

This build does have Windows 8, because Windows 8 + Start8 + ModernMix is cheaper than Windows 7 and better than Windows 7 in pretty much every way.

I don't buy the 3gb requirement. The recommended settings just screams kickbacks to MS/NVIDIA/AMD. Name 2 things that most PC gamers don't have; WIN 8 and a 3GB video card. I suspect this recommended spec will be throughly debunked by the community when the game is released.

/i bet all the 4gb cards on newegg are sold out.

41. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 08:51 nin

SESNut wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 00:52:

Damn...

only amd cards come with 3gb of ram

4gb NVidia cards are specialty items and show barely any difference in benchmarks

That right there. The proc isn't the issue, I've had an i7 for like 3 years now. Its the video card that's high.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

40. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 08:29 Verno

Battlefield games are usually about $100-120 worth of content so I don't really balk at that. The real issue is what someone else pointed out, you don't know what you're getting if you buy the seasons pass now. BF3 didn't have expansions dsepite their use of the term, they were glorified map packs with some unlocks thrown in. The quality was all over the place too. Also I'm not a fan of the whole "skip the queue" thing with Premium.

Given that people tend to play BF games for a long time I am telling people I know to just wait for a deal later on, this seems like BF 3.5 anyway.

39. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 08:24 SpectralMeat

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 23:37:
Wow. $70 USD for base game (digital deluxe) and another $50 for season pass.....
Yep. Preorder FTW!
or just wait a few months and get it all for $15
It will be interesting to see how much BF3 popularity will drop when BF4 comes out.
Hopefully all the hackers will move on so BF3 can be fun again? Probably wishful thinking.

Steam: SpectralMeat

38. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 08:07 Quboid

Damn...

My 4 month old build with 2GB VRAM is most offended.

This build does have Windows 8, because Windows 8 + Start8 + ModernMix is cheaper than Windows 7 and better than Windows 7 in pretty much every way.

- Quboid

37. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 07:13 Redmask

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 23:37:
Wow. $70 USD for base game (digital deluxe) and another $50 for season pass.....

More and more companies are going to the masked monthly sub plan. $120.00 and BF5 wll be out next fall....CoD f'd us all. I jsut can't justify spending the money after getting BF3 (which is stll very active and fun) for 5.00 and 10.00 for all DLC....

/also: GTA5 on 2 systems, Sleeping Dogs, Batman Origins....I am full up for the rest of the year....

Yeah this is pretty ridiculous and it's the real reason why EA doesn't want to be on Steam. You're paying for content you haven't even seen yet either.

36. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 07:07 SpectralMeat

ORLY?

and I didn't know all the devs still make games that run on xp/dx9

oh wait, they don't

games like battlefield 4
most games these days run dx11 and dx9, there are a few that is exclusive to dx11 or 10 but the majority of games aren't require dx10/11

Steam: SpectralMeat

35. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 02:32 Sepharo

Bright light!

Maybe we can get twitter embeds with an off-blue to the usual background.

34. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 02:10 SESNut

Lord Tea wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 01:51:
So, they recommend an AMD six-core CPU. AFAIK only the highest end intel CPUs have six cores

that's because amd 6 cores are crap

amds 6 core chips run as well as i5s

so yeah

53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo