Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements

A tweet from the Battlefield word that beta access for Battlefield 4 is to be had with preorders of the Digital Deluxe edition of DICE's upcoming military shooter sequel. They also offer a graphic with system requirements for the game:

View
53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

33. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 02:05 SESNut

Creston wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 01:36:
SESNut wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 23:46:
Im sorry, but a lot of people hated vista too and while it initially did not stop any developer from making games that didn't run on windows xp, they still had to suck it up when Microsoft decided directx wouldn't be backported

And in the end, one game was Vista exclusive. The ultra-shitty Halo port.

so enjoy windows 7 while you can, but lets not pretend ms is going to put directx 12 on it

If MS won't backport DirectX version x.x, developers simply won't use it. They've shown that ever since Vista. So no games will use DX12. It's that simple.

ORLY?
yeah bro, NO GAMES EVER HAVE USED DX10. No devs want to use that crap.

and I didn't know all the devs still make games that run on xp/dx9

oh wait, they don't

games like battlefield 4

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 02:00 eRe4s3r

Lord Tea wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 01:51:
So, they recommend an AMD six-core CPU. AFAIK only the highest end intel CPUs have six cores

These requirements speak about performance levels per manufacturer... meaning if you have an AMD cpu it needs 6 cores, if you have an intel cpu it needs 4 cores.

Or put differently, AMD 6 core cpu's are about 33% slower compared to the cheapest quad core intel cpu ;p

Also the upcoming cpu lineup by AMD is extremely depressing. They need to come with something that runs cooler and faster than a Sandy-E I7

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 2013, 02:18.

31. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 01:51 Lord Tea

So, they recommend an AMD six-core CPU. AFAIK only the highest end intel CPUs have six cores  
UPSA = United Police States of America

30. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 01:36 Creston

SESNut wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 23:46:
Im sorry, but a lot of people hated vista too and while it initially did not stop any developer from making games that didn't run on windows xp, they still had to suck it up when Microsoft decided directx wouldn't be backported

And in the end, one game was Vista exclusive. The ultra-shitty Halo port.

so enjoy windows 7 while you can, but lets not pretend ms is going to put directx 12 on it

If MS won't backport DirectX version x.x, developers simply won't use it. They've shown that ever since Vista. So no games will use DX12. It's that simple.

29. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 01:22 eRe4s3r

Prez wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 00:13:
Blue is trolling us for complaining too much in the Homeworld/Randy Pitchford thread! That'll learn us!

Adblock
<IFRAME
id="twitter-widget-0"
class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" >

28. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 01:21 eRe4s3r

ChandlerL wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 00:58:
BF4 still 32-bit. Didn't they say about a year ago that the next Frostbite, which we know now is Frostbite 3, would be 64-bit?

As far as Windows 8, game makers have typically recommended the latest version of Windows as a matter of course. In DICE's case, it may also be because of this: BF4Blog re Windows 8

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

They ask for 64bit OS because of the 3GB Vram. Without 64bit OS mapping the memory, you end up with only 1.5GB usable RAM. GPU reduces available memory space on 32bit OS. Installing more ram doesn't help. Which is why EVERYONE should run an 64bit OS

27. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 00:58 ChandlerL

BF4 still 32-bit. Didn't they say about a year ago that the next Frostbite, which we know now is Frostbite 3, would be 64-bit?

As far as Windows 8, game makers have typically recommended the latest version of Windows as a matter of course. In DICE's case, it may also be because of this: BF4Blog re Windows 8

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

26. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 00:52 SESNut

LaxerFL wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 00:35:
nin wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 20:43:
Win8 64 and a 3 gig graphics card??? I understand it's "recommended" but still...

Damn...

Are you saying "damn" because you think the requirements are high? Any gaming rig built in the last 8 months should exceed those reqs. Aside from Windows 8 which is just a shit OS and they will have to pry Win7 from my cold dead hands, my 1 year old rig beats all those recommended specs.

only amd cards come with 3gb of ram

4gb NVidia cards are specialty items and show barely any difference in benchmarks

25. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 00:35 LaxerFL

nin wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 20:43:
Win8 64 and a 3 gig graphics card??? I understand it's "recommended" but still...

Damn...

Are you saying "damn" because you think the requirements are high? Any gaming rig built in the last 8 months should exceed those reqs. Aside from Windows 8 which is just a shit OS and they will have to pry Win7 from my cold dead hands, my 1 year old rig beats all those recommended specs.

24. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 00:13 Prez

Blue is trolling us for complaining too much in the Homeworld/Randy Pitchford thread! That'll learn us!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

23. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 00:03 DangerDog

Creston wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 22:39:
Recommended Windows 8? Rotfl

It doesn't take much to turn Windows 8 into Windows 7.1, install startisback for $3 you can boot to desktop, get your start menu back, and turn off all the metro access stuff that annoys everyone. No you shouldn't have to do any of these things but at least you can. There are some nice features that 8 brings for desktop users.

I think it's just to show that it's supported, I think they had a limit on only supporting Windows 7 for the closed beta which people mistakenly took as no support for Windows 8 for the game.

22. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 9, 2013, 23:49 Agent.X7

I guess I am alone in not minding these embedded tweets. 1920 x1200 27" screen with the browser on half the screen and they don't bother me nor do they seem overly large.

I don't see any reason to buy the digital deluxe version. Already pre-ordered both the game and the premium membership. Hell, I bought a new PC just so that BF4 would play well on the highest settings. And I'm renting a server. Clearly I like these games, lol. But, yeah, digital deluxe tags on another 10 bucks for what? 3 gold battlepacks, whatever they are.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

21. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 9, 2013, 23:46 SESNut

Creston wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 22:41:
SESNut wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 22:34:
but don't come crying when a new game comes out that you want to play that doesn't run on your legacy os anymore(which you probably will anyway)

Because publishers will GLADLY release an exclusive game that will only run on an OS that 12% (off the top of my head. Might have been 14%) of the PC gaming audience uses. Who wants to make money, after all?

Nice try, Ballmer.

20. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 9, 2013, 23:37 xXBatmanXx

Wow. $70 USD for base game (digital deluxe) and another $50 for season pass.....

More and more companies are going to the masked monthly sub plan. $120.00 and BF5 wll be out next fall....CoD f'd us all. I jsut can't justify spending the money after getting BF3 (which is stll very active and fun) for 5.00 and 10.00 for all DLC....

/also: GTA5 on 2 systems, Sleeping Dogs, Batman Origins....I am full up for the rest of the year....

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

19. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 9, 2013, 23:16 ViRGE

Creston wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 22:39:
Win8 means they can tap some of the features introduced in D3D 11.1 and 11.2, specifically the AMD GCN optimizations that were added to the API as part of the XB1's development.

18. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 9, 2013, 23:01 Cyant

I will buy it on the steam summer sale... What it's not on steam? Oh well more money for other games Fuck Origin.

Soon my computer will be out of date... I will need a 4K screen to display blues tweets... Lets see if I can block them like the ads... Hmmmm...

17. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 9, 2013, 22:41 Creston

SESNut wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 22:34:
but don't come crying when a new game comes out that you want to play that doesn't run on your legacy os anymore(which you probably will anyway)

Because publishers will GLADLY release an exclusive game that will only run on an OS that 12% (off the top of my head. Might have been 14%) of the PC gaming audience uses. Who wants to make money, after all?

Nice try, Ballmer.

16. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 9, 2013, 22:39 Creston

These tweet screens need to be bigger. MUCH BIGGER.

15. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 9, 2013, 22:34 SESNut

Darks wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 22:05:
Its a sad day when they are recommending Win Hate! Ill never install that piece of shit OS. Never!!

Usability aside, which is opinion based anyway, it does run fairly well, so you can stick with your subpar os if you want to.

and also with the way Microsoft is going, they may continue using the metro interface in the future or come up with something new that you also don't like, but don't come crying when a new game comes out that you want to play that doesn't run on your legacy os anymore(which you probably will anyway)

14. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 9, 2013, 22:16 Blackhawk

Keep in mind that official minimums are designed to convince as many people as possible to buy. They generally give you 'playable' performance at minimum settings and resolution on a low-population server.

If you actually expect to play, expect the real minimums to be somewhere between the two.

53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo