Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't

Last week it was revealed that Gearbox Software has picked up the rights to HARDWARE: Shipbreakers for release as Homeworld: Shipbreakers, a new installment in the space-based RTS series. Kotaku notes a tweet by Randy Pitchford we missed at the time (thanks nin) where the Gearbox honcho reveals that this means this is no longer planned as a free-to-play game:

View
69 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

9. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't Sep 9, 2013, 10:52 Drayth

For a half-second I thought it was an ad, and I was trying to figure out where the rest of the article picked up again, haha

Very glad to see the Homeworld series returning.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't Sep 9, 2013, 10:41 Jivaro

Seems appropriate to me as well Blue. Then again, I don't instantly get annoyed by things I am not expecting or feel jarred by color schemes. I do find it highly predictable that this particular readership would prefer anything Twitter stay as far away as possible and that you make as few changes as possible in terms of the appearance of the site. Historically, we haven't handled change well.  

7. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't Sep 9, 2013, 10:32 Verno

Blue wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 10:24:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 10:21:
WTF is up with the tweet spooge? This image was impossible to convey in encapsulating text or just a straight up link?

It seemed like using the Twitter embed was the easiest way to provide the context for this. I take it this has turned out to be a giant problem?

It's a bit jarring given the color scheme for the rest of the site.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

6. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't Sep 9, 2013, 10:28 Kedyn

Blue wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 10:24:
WTF is up with the tweet spooge? This image was impossible to convey in encapsulating text or just a straight up link?

It seemed like using the Twitter embed was the easiest way to provide the context for this. I take it this has turned out to be a giant problem?

I like it. It certainly draws my eyes to an article that is relevant to my interests.

My only question is why isn't there 100 comments already about how excited people are for another Homeworld game?

5. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't Sep 9, 2013, 10:24  Blue 

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

4. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't Sep 9, 2013, 10:21 Dagnamit

Creston wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 10:16:
Yay, a Randy Pitchford tweet on the front page...

If I didn't know better, I'd say Blue be trollin'.

3. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't Sep 9, 2013, 10:21 Burrito of Peace

2. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't Sep 9, 2013, 10:16 Creston

Yay, a Randy Pitchford tweet on the front page...

1. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't Sep 9, 2013, 10:09 Aero

I read this as very good news (you know, with the usual Gearbox+Third Party caveats).  

69 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo