Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 10, 2013, 03:56 xXBatmanXx

JediPunisher wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 00:31:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 20:21:
Also grabbed the 149 super sweet edition of GTA5 today. Get to throw the money bag in my GTA4 lockbox. :)

To complete your swag, you should order the green Los Santos sheriff cap.
I been wearing mine about a week, and already had a few compliments on it... It's actually pretty nice and worth the $15.

I was thinking abuot it. Was hoping to sell the Los Santos hat at a premium to someone and order the sheriff hat or get a custom hat made like the one I saw at a meeting once. LCPD was pretty nice. TOok the graphic from GTA4 and put it on a hat and shirt.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 10, 2013, 00:31 JediPunisher

Also grabbed the 149 super sweet edition of GTA5 today. Get to throw the money bag in my GTA4 lockbox. :)

To complete your swag, you should order the green Los Santos sheriff cap.
I been wearing mine about a week, and already had a few compliments on it... It's actually pretty nice and worth the $15.

16. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 9, 2013, 21:46 xXBatmanXx

killer_roach wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 21:33:
Also grabbed the 149 super sweet edition of GTA5 today. Get to throw the money bag in my GTA4 lockbox.

Yeah, still have my GTA4 lockbox and R* duffel bag..

oh yea, forgot about the bag - guess I'll have to dig it all out. hehehehe

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 9, 2013, 21:33 killer_roach

Also grabbed the 149 super sweet edition of GTA5 today. Get to throw the money bag in my GTA4 lockbox.

Yeah, still have my GTA4 lockbox and R* duffel bag..

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 9, 2013, 20:21 xXBatmanXx

Started playing Hitman Absolution on the PS3 this am before bed. Was impressed with the new mechanics of the game. Just played the first level the intro/tutorial. Hope to get some time into it.

/nin did the R* Warehouse charge you shipping or tax on your order? I ended paying almost 15.00 in tax on that friggen thing. Such a rip.

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 9, 2013, 18:35 nin

That would work as well.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 9, 2013, 18:22 JediPunisher

nin wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 18:14:
Imagine Vin Diesel saying it...that tone.

Better yet, James Earl Jones.

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 9, 2013, 18:14 nin

NegaDeath wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 17:55:
JediPunisher wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 17:40:
No contest... While the PS4 has more powerful hardware, the XB1's processing power is boosted up to 600% by "the power of The Cloud!"

Don't forget everyone, when mentioning "The Cloud" it must be uttered in a deep guttural tone lest you upset the Microsoft gods. Such awesome power must be treated with respect or Ballmer will appear and, like, sweat all over your furniture.

Imagine Vin Diesel saying it...that tone.

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 9, 2013, 17:55 NegaDeath

JediPunisher wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 17:40:
No contest... While the PS4 has more powerful hardware, the XB1's processing power is boosted up to 600% by "the power of The Cloud!"

Don't forget everyone, when mentioning "The Cloud" it must be uttered in a deep guttural tone lest you upset the Microsoft gods. Such awesome power must be treated with respect or Ballmer will appear and, like, sweat all over your furniture.

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 9, 2013, 17:40 JediPunisher

"Xbox One vs. PS4 Performance Debate Rages."

No contest... While the PS4 has more powerful hardware, the XB1's processing power is boosted up to 600% by "the power of The Cloud! " tm

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 9, 2013, 16:42 Axis

I think most people like myself are expecting Nintendo to do something major come the holiday for the Wii U -- that really is their only chance they've had since blowing their lame launch.

Doesn't matter to me, its an easy pass on xbone and ps4 since consoles are only played casually in my home and we get plenty of that with what we have.

Yours truly,

Axis

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 9, 2013, 15:38 Cutter

It figures because life can be cruel, life in Tokyo.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 9, 2013, 14:47 Verno

I agree about Bushnell but I think there is some merit to it despite that. I love big N but they're definitely having problems connecting with gamers and staying relevant. Having a lot of cash in the bank from the Wii doesn't mean as much as people think and its no guarantee they can remain in the market indefinitely. This is a company that still does not have an online platform, they need to hire new blood and help themselves a bit here. The Wii U is in a bad way, the tablet is underpowered and useless, their core casual appeal in motion control is now ignored by both consumer and Nintendo itself, the naming and marketing is beyond confusing for casual consumers, system selling software still has not arrived, etc.

The 3DS is doing pretty well but not so great that they can afford for the Wii U to keep tanking. I'm not sure they can get away with this but I think the Wii U needs do over. Third parties don't want to touch it and many were already leaning that way after all of the channel stuffing with Wii software. I used to see a scenario where Nintendo could recover with Zelda and Mario games but I think we're getting past that point already, particularly when you have stuff like those $100-150 headless consoles from Sony coming out.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 9, 2013, 14:34 Parallax Abstraction

Nolan Bushnell's contributions to the beginning of video games are huge but seriously dude, Nintendo's having issues but they're a 100+ year old company that was profitable for it's entire life until a couple of years ago and who by the way, saved the console industry after the Atari-led crash. Meanwhile, after running Atari into the ground (though not alone by any means), Bushnell has a string of failed companies since, including a couple like Chuck E. Cheese which managed to bring themselves back to prosperity after his exit. His commentary on business is not perhaps the best gospel.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 9, 2013, 10:17 Verno

Kajetan wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 10:08:
Blue Dragon was decent RPG. There were other good 360 games made especially for the japanese market. MS had learned their lessons from the XBOX. But didnt help either. Saleswise the 360 is a dwarf in Japan.

I didn't care for Blue Dragon but Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia were good. They just stopped after not gaining any traction, IMO they should have kept at it and would have eventually established themselves there.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 9, 2013, 10:08 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 10:03:
They give it a half hearted effort at the beginning of the 360 era and that was it.
Blue Dragon was decent RPG. There were other good 360 games made especially for the japanese market. MS had learned their lessons from the XBOX. But didnt help either. Saleswise the 360 is a dwarf in Japan.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 9, 2013, 10:03 Verno

The PS4 has essentially no competition in Japan so it makes sense, Microsoft refuses to make the sort of games that Japanese gamers like. They give it a half hearted effort at the beginning of the 360 era and that was it.  

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 9, 2013, 09:55 nin

Sony launching the ps4 later in Japan was surprising. It's a good move, though, as it allows them to combat MS on their home turf (the US), instead of letting them have it uncontested for 3-4 months...

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo