Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Next Car Game on Greenlight

Bugbear announces their next car demolition game, currently codenamed Next Car Game, is now the subject of a Steam Greenlight campaign. As they already announced, they will be distributing an early access build to customers once they've pre-sold 10,000 copies of the game. A full release is expected early next year, and they say this will be proceeded by an alpha that will be more complete. They also send along a more complete description of what to expect from all this:

Our NEXT CAR GAME is all about fun, breakneck racing and over-the-top crashes. We donít shy away from contact, and our in-house engine is all about what happens when cars collide with each other and the world around them at reckless speeds.

Itís a motorsport, but not just any motorsport. Itís a motorsport with attitude.

Expect epic crashes and tight, neck-to-neck fights over the finish line on run-down racing tracks. Expect proper, big demolition derbies. Expect brand new ways for metal to bend and the defining once-in-the-lifetime moments that can be achieved only with true-to-life physics simulation.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Next Car Game on Greenlight Sep 8, 2013, 18:23 HoSpanky

DangerDog wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 16:44:
I was looking for assurances that they're not going to turn it into a "social" multiplayer centric racing game, I hate that facebook like aspect to new racing games.

Do you mean the "here's your time, here's your friends' times on this course" part? Or do you mean a game with very little to nothing to the single player experience?

Personally, I'm pretty excited for this. Ultimate Carnage was a hoot, even if an entire clean race would occasionally be ruined by the car hitting some tiny piece of debris and sent flying off course. Will be preordering just as soon as I get my Paypal account sorted out. Haven't used it since I changed banks.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Next Car Game on Greenlight Sep 8, 2013, 16:44 DangerDog

I was looking for assurances that they're not going to turn it into a "social" multiplayer centric racing game, I hate that facebook like aspect to new racing games.  

6. Re: Next Car Game on Greenlight Sep 8, 2013, 16:32 Dmitri_M

They'll get my money because they're the only developers creating Demolition Derby like titles.  

5. Re: Next Car Game on Greenlight Sep 8, 2013, 14:01 Panickd

siapnar wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 12:41:
Yeah these guys will pull through. If they essentially make Flatout 2 with better graphics and new tracks, I'm in.

EDIT: After watching their greenlight vid, I pre-ordered

I need more than Flatout 2 with better graphics. How about Flatout 2 with better AI? How about a game that doesn't feel the need to cheat the AI to stay competitive with the player? How about having the end of race standings actually be in the order I watched the AI players cross the finish line instead of artificially making the one that was 4 cars back come in second just because they were closest in points to me from the previous tracks?

Don't get me wrong, Flatout 2 was great fun and I realize every racing game fudges things to keep it competitive and fun but Flatout 2 was entirely unsubtle in it's fudging.

4. Re: Next Car Game on Greenlight Sep 8, 2013, 13:56 Fantaz

publishers can suck it... there is definitely a market for this game and the sales will show it.  

3. Re: Next Car Game on Greenlight Sep 8, 2013, 12:41 siapnar

Yeah these guys will pull through. If they essentially make Flatout 2 with better graphics and new tracks, I'm in.

EDIT: After watching their greenlight vid, I pre-ordered

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 2013, 12:48.

I have projectile dysfunction.

2. Re: Next Car Game on Greenlight Sep 8, 2013, 12:40 Parallax Abstraction

The guy who is the public face of this game is a regular on a forum I hang out on and he says this is doing well on Greenlight but every little bit helps. This is a game that definitely deserves to get through that broken system.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

1. Re: Next Car Game on Greenlight Sep 8, 2013, 10:55 Axis

I dont play them often, but I do enjoy me some smashemup car games.  

Yours truly,

Axis

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo