Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

So after letting the dogs out in the yard while I was waiting for the water to heat up for my coffee, I wandered over to the front door and took a look at the street, which proceeded to turn into a moment right out of a corny sitcom. "What a pleasant day," or some such thing was how my inner monologue was proceeding (were this a proper sitcom, I'd have been speaking aloud, of course), "the sun is shining, there go some pretty birds. There go my dogs... MY DOGS!?!?!?" Apparently someone had left the gate unlatched, and the guys were taking this as an invitation for a walkabout. The cute part was how casual they were about it, acting as though they went on unsupervised strolls like this all the time. Anyway, it was only funny because I happened across what happened immediately, I sure am glad for that, since if I missed them, this could have turned into any of a variety of disasters. I think I need to put a sign on the gate reminding people to close it.

Gated Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: N3rd Boy.
Nazi Zombies.
Links: Poll: Majority Of Americans Approve Of Sending Congress To Syria.
Armadillo-T: Now thatís a compact car
Stories: Diesel Did "Tokyo Drift" For Riddick Rights.
'Walking Dead' MOOC, Zombie-Based Online Class, Offered By UC Irvine.
Testicle-biting fish found in Paris could be on way to UK. Nom nom. Thanks nin.
Science: You're Taking a Crap Wrong! This Is How You Poop Properly.
Cheaper Chinese solar panels are not due to low-cost labor.
Gut bugs may hold key to weight control, mouse study suggests.
Media: First Robocop Movie Trailer Is, Well, Hrm. Thanks nin.
Two Guys You've Never Heard Of Just Released the Song of the Summer.
Follow-up: Voyager 1 celebrates its 36th birthday at the edge of the solar system. To boldly go.

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2013, 13:54 Creston

Yep, another NFL moron who feels it's much more important to showboat and mugshot for tv cameras rather than focus on the actual fucking job he's getting paid for.

The Broncos were up by 25 or so at that point, so it wasn't a big deal. Had it been a 21-17 game, I think Fox would have fucking murdered him.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2013, 13:33 Mr. Tact

The really bad part was he seemed to be trying to explain himself to the coach on the sideline instead of admitting he was an idiot and keeping his mouth shut. THAT'S what he should be benched for.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2013, 13:21 Cutter

Clarence Boddiker is one of the best villains of all time! "You probably don't think I'm a very nice guy, do ya?"

And that was great seeing the Ravens get schooled last night. And who was that showboating clown on the Broncos that dropped the ball on the 1 yard line? I'd bench his ass the rest of the season for that!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2013, 13:07 Mr. Tact

I'd rather they continue Stargate Universe, but then I guess even it they made it to the next galaxy so much time would have passed the wouldn't have much in common with Earth any longer... *sigh*  

12. Re: Robocop trailer Sep 6, 2013, 13:04 Creston

nin wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 11:45:
Creston wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 11:36:
Yawn. Another "remake" of a movie because nobody in hollywood can come up with a new idea anymore

Stargate reboot.

Yeah, it's gotten fucking ridiculous. of course, you and I (and most blues'ers here) aren't Hollywood's target audience anymore. The target audience is today's teenager who's too dumb to really care about how shitty a movie is (which isn't me being grumpy against teenagers. I was the same way when I was a teenager, after all, as I went to go watch all the terrible shit in theaters then), and who hasn't seen the original anyway.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2013, 12:41 Verno

Who the let dogs out?!!! - sound

If I had more time on my hands and nothing better to do, the day this remake gets released I'd stand out in front of the theater with a poster saying, "Bitches leave (the Robocop theater because it's really bad)."

Remaking an already B level movie hopefully must signify that Hollywood has officially hit bottom.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

10. Re: Robocop trailer Sep 6, 2013, 11:51 Sphinx

If I had more time on my hands and nothing better to do, the day this remake gets released I'd stand out in front of the theater with a poster saying, "Bitches leave (the Robocop theater because it's really bad)."  
-Sphinx

9. Re: Robocop trailer Sep 6, 2013, 11:45 nin

Creston wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 11:36:
Yawn. Another "remake" of a movie because nobody in hollywood can come up with a new idea anymore

Stargate reboot.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2013, 11:42 Ratty

I think I need to put a sign on the gate reminding people to close it.
Or put a spring on it.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2013, 11:36 Alamar

Creston wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 11:20:

Or check the gate before you let them out in the yard.

(I have to. The first thing my dogs do is check to see if that gate's open.)

To reiterate the above, what do you have control over? Checking the gate, or trying to make sure others do...

Also, signs don't work for those that see them frequently.

-Alamar

6. Robocop trailer Sep 6, 2013, 11:36 Creston

Yawn. Another "remake" of a movie because nobody in hollywood can come up with a new idea anymore, and then they make it PG-13, which defeats the entire point of Robocop to begin with, which is that it was pretty fucking dark and grim (for its time anyway.)

I saw the fully uncensored version of the original movie in theaters, and Murphy's execution scene, though ridiculous (nobody keeps standing after a single shotgun blast to the chest, much less the 80 or 90 he gets in the movie,) was just sickening, especially once his arm gets blown off (IIRC.)

Here he blips his keyfob and you see his car explode? And instead of basically being a dead piece of meat on a slab that they voodoo back to some semblance of life, he's burned, and going to be "paralyzed from the waist down?"

Also, I've never seen a collection of actors perform a bigger phone-in than these guys. They all have this "We're getting paid for this, right?" look on their face.

The rest of it looks like "BIG GUNS ACTION MOVIE #28,947!!!"

It's just bor...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This was a much better trailer for an action movie.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2013, 11:20 Creston

Or check the gate before you let them out in the yard.

(I have to. The first thing my dogs do is check to see if that gate's open.)

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2013, 11:18 The Half Elf

I really think I could handle the Robocop reboot, until they changed the suit black, as I was surprised it was that 'Corvette Stingray Blue' that they had in the original movies.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2013, 10:41 nin

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 10:38:
Blue wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 10:04:
Uh, there is someone besides you and the wife who use your gate?

Meter readers? They're just now getting around to moving them closer to the curb (or going wireless) in my neighborhood.

edit: Wait, sorry, it was me. I'll make sure it shuts next time.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2013, 10:38 Mr. Tact

Blue wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 10:04:
Uh, there is someone besides you and the wife who use your gate?

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2013, 10:20 nin

"the sun is shining, there go some pretty birds. There go my dogs... MY DOGS!?!?!?"

Had the exact same issue happen years ago when looking after my sister's dog. After running the dog out (in the back yard) and hopping in the car to run an errand, I pull up to a stop sign. Look to the left. Look to the right. Little white dog. "OH FUCK!" She'd be runing free for at least an hour, so I was (extremely) thankful no one had hit her.

And just for the record, if I get credit for the robocop link, my email to Blue called it something like "direct to home video trash".

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo