Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Trade Offers Launch

Steam News offers details on a new Steam Trading feature called Trade Offers, which will allow players to package inventory items to offer trades to Steam friends, allowing for asynchronous trading even when one party is offline. They have a FAQ with all the details, and here's the outline:

Today we’re shipping a new feature we’re calling Trade Offers that allows you to send a prepackaged trade to a friend. It’s similar to regular trading, except you propose the items for both sides. You select the items you’re willing to give up from your inventory and what you’d like to receive from your friend, and send it off. Your friend will receive a notification in the green drop down and can then choose to accept, decline, or make a counter offer. Unlike regular Steam Trading, you don't need to both be online at the same time. Plus, trade offers can be sent and received using a web browser.

You can create an offer from a few places: from the Trade Offers page in your Inventory, from a friend’s Inventory, and from any of your badge pages you can send a friend a trade offer based on the trading cards you still need collect.

View
49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

9. Re: Steam Trade Offers Launch Sep 5, 2013, 10:36 Kajetan

RaZ0r! wrote on Sep 5, 2013, 09:44:
Unfortunately that is up to the publishers, not Valve or Steam. Also, Valve allowing game trading is probably not really in their best interest either. With AAA games going as cheap as two bucks on sale nowadays I'm not sure they are worth trading.
Not a problem ... can i trade Valve games, please? And yes, you may take your trading fee, like eBay takes a fee, like Gamestop or Amazon. Please?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Steam Trade Offers Launch Sep 5, 2013, 10:30 yonder

The comments here are exactly why Microsoft's XB1 deal was, minus the horrific 24 hour checkin requirement, so appealing on a certain level.

If they had simply said "like Steam but better" throughout their presentation, it would have gone over so much better. That, plus, the 24 hour thing. Ugh...

7. Re: Steam Trade Offers Launch Sep 5, 2013, 10:21 javajeff

I would like to move games that I do not play to my son's account. Clearly in family transfers can be accepted...right???  

6. Re: Steam Trade Offers Launch Sep 5, 2013, 10:11 ItBurn

Maybe they could let us resell our old games and publishers would take a cut?  

5. Re: Steam Trade Offers Launch Sep 5, 2013, 10:07 Verno

I just want to be able to give old games away, I don't even care if there is some weird arbitrary restriction like you need to have owned it for a year or whatever. I have a ton of impulse buys and old games that I could spread around to friends and family. Stuff that they will likely never, ever buy and I will probably never play.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

4. Re: Steam Trade Offers Launch Sep 5, 2013, 10:01 Dagnamit

Dev wrote on Sep 5, 2013, 09:50:
Valve,
Please tell me that random people who are NOT my friends can't send me trade requests. Because I get enough friends invites from people who are only wanting my Bill's hat already.
Tim wrote on Sep 5, 2013, 09:28:
I want to trade games, or give them away to friends when I no longer need them.

Please?

Unfortunately that is up to the publishers, not Valve or Steam. Also, Valve allowing game trading is probably not really in their best interest either. With AAA games going as cheap as two bucks on sale nowadays I'm not sure they are worth trading.
And there's another twist too, the whole germany thing and used games. Who knows whats going to happen there.

No one is going to be selling games there. That's what.

3. Re: Steam Trade Offers Launch Sep 5, 2013, 09:50 Dev

Valve,
Please tell me that random people who are NOT my friends can't send me trade requests. Because I get enough friends invites from people who are only wanting my Bill's hat already.

Please?

And there's another twist too, the whole germany thing and used games. Who knows whats going to happen there.

2. Re: Steam Trade Offers Launch Sep 5, 2013, 09:44 RaZ0r!

Please?

1. Re: Steam Trade Offers Launch Sep 5, 2013, 09:28 Tim

Please?

49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo