Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mighty No. 9 Kickstarted

The Kickstarter for Mighty No. 9 has blown past its $900K funding goal just a couple of days after launching, and is already hurtling toward the $1.5 million stretch goal for this Mega Man-inspired project. Two goals have already been triggered, and the game will have two more stages than originally proposed and OS X and Linux versions will come as well as the Windows edition. The next goal is a game plus mode, and there are several mystery goals leading up to the $2.5 million plateau that will prompt console ports.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Mighty No. 9 Kickstarted Sep 4, 2013, 03:55 Cyanotetyphas

For a 100 bucks I'm sure they'd be happy to burn of a steam directory unloader and write Mighty 9 on the front with a sharpy. They probably don't want to bother making a full packaged product though if they can help it. Hey, maybe there's a business opportunity here. I see Two Player Productions has found a niche in the kickstarter world, maybe someone with a 3D printer and a laserjet printer could provide boxed game services.  

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Mighty No. 9 Kickstarted Sep 4, 2013, 01:29 ViRGE

.net_Drifter wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 01:25:
ViRGE wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 01:10:
Dev wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 00:37:
ViRGE wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 23:28:
nin wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 20:58:
I'm still a little surprised (yet excited) it's doing so well...two stretch goals are already down, and it's still trucking along.
It'll slow down after $1.5M as the initial campaign pop wanes, but I fully expect they'll hit $2.5M (or more) by the end.
I dunno, they haven't added physical copies yet which a lot of people are begging for in the comments (people are offering to pay $75 and up for one).
Eh? There is a physical tier; it starts at $60.

You get an empty box with only a manual, no game. Game's digital only.
Ahh, I see. Thanks for the correction.

It is a Steamworks game, so I can see why that is (there's not much point). Plus I doubt they want to bother pressing discs since it'll no doubt be worked on right until the very end.

5. Re: Mighty No. 9 Kickstarted Sep 4, 2013, 01:25 .Drifter

ViRGE wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 01:10:
I'm still a little surprised (yet excited) it's doing so well...two stretch goals are already down, and it's still trucking along.
It'll slow down after $1.5M as the initial campaign pop wanes, but I fully expect they'll hit $2.5M (or more) by the end.
I dunno, they haven't added physical copies yet which a lot of people are begging for in the comments (people are offering to pay $75 and up for one).

You get an empty box with only a manual, no game. Game's digital only.

4. Re: Mighty No. 9 Kickstarted Sep 4, 2013, 01:10 ViRGE

3. Re: Mighty No. 9 Kickstarted Sep 4, 2013, 00:37 Dev

I dunno, they haven't added physical copies yet which a lot of people are begging for in the comments (people are offering to pay $75 and up for one). And they say they will do stretch goals on PS4/xbone and/or PSP/DS if they get enough interest.
If they hit enough widespread interest I could see it getting $5m or $10m. And did you see all the cool fan art that is already on the updates? LOTS of people are interested in this.
Here's a link to one of the updates with lots of fan art:
[url=]http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts/588461[/url]

2. Re: Mighty No. 9 Kickstarted Sep 3, 2013, 23:28 ViRGE

1. Re: Mighty No. 9 Kickstarted Sep 3, 2013, 20:58 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo