Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here's the list of the 10 top-selling games on Steam for the past week. Well, it's usually games, though this list includes a productivity app. Good news for Valve? Bad news for PC gamers? The chance to include three question marks in one post? You decide:

1. Total War: ROME II
  2. PAYDAY 2
  3. Saints Row IV
  4. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist
  5. You Need a Budget
  6. Sid Meier's Civilization V Brave New World
  7. Castlevania: Lords of Shadows - Ultimate Edition
  8. Prison Architect
  9. Game Dev Tycoon
  10. Arma III Beta

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

36. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 4, 2013, 04:04 Kajetan

jdreyer wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 15:39:
so what do you like? Something a bit more linear like Fable or ME?
More linear is always good, but INTERESTING sandbox gameplay is better. Just look at Fallout 3. I am bored after an hour and after two hours i have to stop. Tried it several times. Then i tried FO New Vegas and couldnt stop playing the more than bugged release version for a few days. Then i had to buy the game

So, to be precise: I have nothing against so called OpenWorld or Sandbox games. While i do prefer a good linear RPG romp, i had fun with the STALKER series, i LOVE the old Ultima games (which were THE first Sandbox RPG eva). But games from Bethesda? Since TES Arena i tried every TES game and every time i have to acknowledge that Beth games and i are not compatible.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 3, 2013, 08:43 nin

J wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 06:57:
Dmitri_M wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 19:23:
I don't own Skyrim because I prefer to shoot guns and watch things explode and I think swords are for sissies.
If only there was some kind of ranged, destructive, explosive projectiles in Skyrim...

Based on steam workshop, I'd be surprised if there wasn't...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

34. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 3, 2013, 06:57 J

Dmitri_M wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 19:23:
I don't own Skyrim because I prefer to shoot guns and watch things explode and I think swords are for sissies.
If only there was some kind of ranged, destructive, explosive projectiles in Skyrim...

33. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 3, 2013, 04:35 jdreyer

Test  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

32. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 2, 2013, 19:23 Dmitri_M

31. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 2, 2013, 18:26 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 11:31:
Kajetan wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 10:37:
Creston wrote on Sep 1, 2013, 23:44:
What? Who are these INSOLENT FOOLS??!
*whimper* Me? ... do not hurt me, please do not hurt me ...

Bring out the tar and feathers!

Well, actually, i do not like the TES RPG style. Too much sandbox, far too less red main quest threading.

Hmmm. Well, I GUESS you're allowed to have a different opinion, even for Skyrim...

NO! BURN THE WITCH!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

30. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 2, 2013, 15:39 jdreyer

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 1, 2013, 17:22:
but I think only 20 people in the whole world don't own Skyrim?

Well, actually, i do not like the TES RPG style. Too much sandbox, far too less red main quest threading.
so what do you like? Something a bit more linear like Fable or ME?

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

29. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 2, 2013, 12:46 J

Creston wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 11:31:

Hmmm. Well, I GUESS you're allowed to have a different opinion, even for Skyrim...
Hey, the more people who dislike it the quicker the 1% can get their discounted copy of Skyrim!

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 2, 2013, 11:31 Creston

Bring out the tar and feathers!

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 2, 2013, 10:37 Kajetan

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 2, 2013, 06:44 wonkawonka

Still though, the one scene where you can "romance" Kinzie, Bioware-style, is worth 40 bucks.
Especially as a woman.
Haven't cried this hard in a long time.

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 1, 2013, 23:44 Creston

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 1, 2013, 22:33 jacobvandy

I'm pretty sure they were forced to do IV as soon as possible while THQ was circling the drain, and then when it was too late, they already had a release ready that Deep Silver went ahead and packaged up and shipped out. Now with the extra time and money, Enter the Dominatrix should offer a significant amount of new and varied content. Hopefully.

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2013, 23:53.

23. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 1, 2013, 21:30 Blatz

Hehe, you need a budget to buy all the games!

It's like some sort of subliminal message has been inserted. Ooh, Rome II, SRIV, Blacklist.. omg, I want I want... Bam! You Need A Budget!

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2013, 21:38.

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 1, 2013, 20:21 Prez

Jerykk wrote on Sep 1, 2013, 19:45:
Saint's Row 4 is fun but it's pretty obvious that it was rushed. Aside from recycling Steelport and most of the NPCs, vehicles and outfits, most of the side-quests are really half-assed and simply consist of "Go complete four random activities."

Thankfully, the superpowers change the gameplay enough to compensate for this but still, it would have been nice to see more original content.

That's basically what my son, who bought it day 1, said. He mentioned that it felt more like a professionally-done mod for SR3 than it's own game, though he did enjoy it. I can stand for more SR3 since it was one of the most fun games I've played in the last decade, so even a huge mod I have to pay for peaks my interest - just not 40 bucks-worth.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 1, 2013, 19:45 Jerykk

Saint's Row 4 is fun but it's pretty obvious that it was rushed. Aside from recycling Steelport and most of the NPCs, vehicles and outfits, most of the side-quests are really half-assed and simply consist of "Go complete four random activities."

Thankfully, the superpowers change the gameplay enough to compensate for this but still, it would have been nice to see more original content.

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 1, 2013, 18:35 nin

Noted. :0

Dang.....maybe the drop of NOT being in the top 10 2 weeks in a row will bring a sale....but I think only 20 people in the whole world don't own Skyrim?

Soon we're going to start launching copies into space...one planet conquered, many more to go.

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 1, 2013, 17:22 xXBatmanXx

Noted. :0

Dang.....maybe the drop of NOT being in the top 10 2 weeks in a row will bring a sale....but I think only 20 people in the whole world don't own Skyrim?

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 1, 2013, 17:17 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 1, 2013, 17:15:
nin - don't quote trolls - I have them blocked.

Sometimes I just have to slap them around a bit, first. I enjoy pointing out when people are fucking idiots, with their own words.

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 1, 2013, 17:15 xXBatmanXx

nin - don't quote trolls - I have them blocked.  

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo