Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

• Aliens: Colonial Marines on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Fading Summer Favorites on GOG.com. Save 60%.
  • Hotline Miami on Steam. Save 75%.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: On Sale Sep 1, 2013, 23:56 Creston

Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 1, 2013, 13:32:
Taskeen wrote on Sep 1, 2013, 07:55:

I wish Gearbox had never acquired the Duke Nukem or Aliens license period.

And just think we still haven't seen how they will rape the Homeworld license!

Eh, they're going to re-release homeworld 1 and 2 with modernized stuff before they tackle anything new. I'd figure that alone would be worth it.

They may fuck up Homeworld badly, or they may make a good game. If you never let anyone try, you never get really awesome surprises either (like Deus Ex: Human Revolution.)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: On Sale Sep 1, 2013, 17:11 Dev

Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 1, 2013, 13:32:

Oh crap, I'd forgotten about that.

20. Re: On Sale Sep 1, 2013, 13:32 Mad Max RW

19. Re: On Sale Sep 1, 2013, 12:02 Redmask

jdreyer wrote on Sep 1, 2013, 02:05:
Has anyone played A:CM lately? If they've patched the game play issues and bugs, AND improved the graphics a bit, it's probably worth $5, no?

No, it's not worth $5 unfortunately. They butchered the story and the gameplay isn't compelling at all. There are many different ways to spend $5 that would a better use of your time, A:CM is a true turd.

18. Re: On Sale Sep 1, 2013, 11:20 nin

Has anyone played A:CM lately? If they've patched the game play issues and bugs, AND improved the graphics a bit, it's probably worth $5, no?

The story can't be fixed, that's the main thing and the AI is still incredibly bad. If you like an Aliens movie story that was written by a 12 year old fan fiction writer, then this game is for you.

Just remember, for every 5 dollars spent - is money that partially goes to Gearbox for that steaming pile of a game, which is either to help their horrible revenue losses since the game launched AND/OR money that goes into developing more Borderlands DLC. At best it is a game that you play partially or all the way drunk while a bunch of friends comment on it like a bad Mystery Science Theatre movie.

I doubt $5 even covers the licensing of the IP, in Aliens case.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2013, 10:11 Rigs

Every time I think about playing it, I watch Yahtzee's review and that satisfies my curiosity enough to forgo actually playing the damn thing...

Incidentally, that review, the E3 review and the Ride to Hell: Retribution review are the funniest frakin' things I've seen in a while and are always a good pick-me-up when I'm feeling lousy!

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'

16. Re: On Sale Sep 1, 2013, 07:55 Taskeen

The story can't be fixed, that's the main thing and the AI is still incredibly bad. If you like an Aliens movie story that was written by a 12 year old fan fiction writer, then this game is for you.

Just remember, for every 5 dollars spent - is money that partially goes to Gearbox for that steaming pile of a game, which is either to help their horrible revenue losses since the game launched AND/OR money that goes into developing more Borderlands DLC. At best it is a game that you play partially or all the way drunk while a bunch of friends comment on it like a bad Mystery Science Theatre movie.

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2013, 08:00.

15. Re: On Sale Sep 1, 2013, 03:22 nin

DangerDog wrote on Sep 1, 2013, 03:17:
Just don't buy the season pass for A:CM or any of the multiplayer DLC.

I don't do much multi, so no worries there.

I'm sure as fuck not paying $10 for DLC for a $5 game.

14. Re: On Sale Sep 1, 2013, 03:17 DangerDog

Just don't buy the season pass for A:CM or any of the multiplayer DLC.

13. Re: On Sale Sep 1, 2013, 02:10 nin

Oh shit...drunk shopping...what the hell, it's $5.

If it sucks, I blame you.

12. Re: On Sale Sep 1, 2013, 02:05 jdreyer

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

11. Re: On Sale Aug 31, 2013, 23:44 Jivaro

nin wrote on Aug 31, 2013, 20:59:
Classic Steam logic: "I'll buy A:CM when it hits $5." Then it hits $5 and I think "It'll go lower."

Had the DLC also been discounted as well I might have jumped at it. My backlog is long enough, I can wait until they put ALL of the game up for cheap.

10. Re: On Sale Aug 31, 2013, 22:10 Jerykk

I had no issues with Hotline Miami's controls either. It controls like any other top-down action game with mouse aim.  

9. Re: On Sale Aug 31, 2013, 21:56 Mad Max RW

Prez wrote on Aug 31, 2013, 21:07:
As bad as it is, I'd still probably get more use out of A:CM than Hotline Miami. I hear the controls in Miami are frustrating.

I avoid these kinds of top down twitchy games like the plague and had no issues with controls. Only one mission, the stealth hospital map, truly pissed me off.

Never buy A:CM for any reason.

8. Re: On Sale Aug 31, 2013, 21:21 nin

Whiskers wrote on Aug 31, 2013, 21:10:
I loved hotline miami. The controls take a bit of getting used to and it can be frustrating but it saves a lot for you and you reload instantly so it's a pretty quick game. Well worth $2.50

If nothing else, it's worth it for the soundtrack (look for the ogg files in the install folder).

7. Re: On Sale Aug 31, 2013, 21:10 Whiskers

I loved hotline miami. The controls take a bit of getting used to and it can be frustrating but it saves a lot for you and you reload instantly so it's a pretty quick game. Well worth $2.50  

6. Re: On Sale Aug 31, 2013, 21:07 Prez

As bad as it is, I'd still probably get more use out of A:CM than Hotline Miami. I hear the controls in Miami are frustrating.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

5. Re: On Sale Aug 31, 2013, 20:59 nin

Classic Steam logic: "I'll buy A:CM when it hits $5." Then it hits $5 and I think "It'll go lower."

4. Re: On Sale Aug 31, 2013, 17:44 Taskeen

Do not buy ACM, buy Hotline Miami instead.  

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo