Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Game Reviews Sep 3, 2013, 13:17 Quinn

Blacklist is an alright game. However, what I realize in every stealth game lately is that they are broken and too easy. The major culprit is, actually, the "press [X] for successful takedown" button. Sadly, every stealth game seems to have that feature these days.

What I've also come to realize while playing Blacklist is that an even easier and more broken option is ghosting. "What!?" Yes, ghosting. I've literally ran (albeit crouched) through CHUNKS of levels while ghosting. All you need is timing; adaption; expertise in controlling Sam Fisher. The majority of the times I failed ghosting were because of Magnet Fisher. Sam Fisher is a tad too eager to stick onto objects and too reluctant to unstick. Fucking annoying.

Still a good game considering.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Game Reviews Sep 3, 2013, 06:43 J

I haven't got to that mission yet. So far it's all been stealth-able. I'll see how it unfolds...  

2. Re: Game Reviews Sep 3, 2013, 04:53 Jerykk

Blacklist is good stuff but the occasional forced alarm or confrontation is incredibly annoying. For example, there's one mission where you have to capture a guy on a subway train. They could have easily made this a stealth-able mission (as they did with the train level in Pandora Tomorrow), but instead they made it a shootout where every enemy knows where you are and is just waiting for you to enter through the only possible entrance.  

1. Re: Game Reviews Aug 31, 2013, 16:03 J

I was skeptical at first but I'm really enjoying Blacklist. I'm finding it challenging and at times really frustrating in a good way. The good way being that it's because I messed up and wasn't paying enough attention. The game punishes me when I'm slack.

I prefer this to Chaos Theory; DX:HR

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo