Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Happy birthday to one of my favorite people in the world, Hudson the wonder dog. The grand dame of the Blue Tower turns 13 today, or 91 in "dog years." On some levels she seems every bit her age, with weird bumps, cloudy eyes and missing teeth, and she spends a lot of time resting and sleeping. On some levels she's remarkably well preserved, as she shows all of her original vim and vigor in spurts, and continues to give the mailman hell every day from behind the front door. She remains to this day my wonder dog.

Wondrous Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Slice the Box Remaster.
Neon Ball.
Stories: Married nearly 66 years, Ohio couple dies on same day.
Science: Eating whole fruits linked to lower risk of Type 2 diabetes. And with eating less crap.
Laser fusion experiment yields record energy.
Images: Photos of Superstorms Belie Their Destructive Power. Thanks JDreyer.
Media: Video Game High School- Season 2 - Episode 6.
Slow Motion Video Booth.
Follow-up: Ars does Soylent, Day 4- The Soylent-powered man.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2013, 10:15 eRe4s3r

Humans, ruining serene mornings since 180k BC  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2013, 06:09 Pankin

Happy birthday, pooch!  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2013, 23:35 Creston

Happy birthday from my two pups, Harry and Luna, Hudson! Many more years, girl!  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2013, 19:57 Cutter

Sugarman wrote on Aug 31, 2013, 18:27:
Don't just read one article, actually do the research on it. It's one of the safest MAO-B inhibitors out there. Also read up on how monoamine oxidase inhibitors work.

I did, and every other article says the same thing. How about you show us where it's beneficial seeing as you're the one making the claim to begin with. And please don't tell me it's some hippy-dippy naturopathic bullshit.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2013, 19:52 nin

dj LiTh wrote on Aug 31, 2013, 18:29:
For dog and cats age your arent suppose to multiply the first year, so Hundson is 85 (7*12+1), Happy bday Hudson

OMG HUDSON IS WORKING ON HL3!!!!!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2013, 19:17 Hoop

11am Sunday, first day of Spring & the peaceful atmosphere is broken by 3-4 lawn mowers starting up to begin that strained struggle through long grass not mowed for 4 months.
I had no plans to attempt this myself today but the noise gnaws away at my guilt.
Fuck it

Um .. Behind you...

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2013, 19:11 dj LiTh

Sugarman wrote on Aug 31, 2013, 18:27:
In large doses the most you'll actually see are side effects and interactions with tyramine "in lots of aged cheeses" which will give you a killer headache. Low dosages started early will make it so you'll never need a higher dose and your dog/human will retain their mental capacity right up until other parts of the body decide it's time to go!

Don't just read one article, actually do the research on it. It's one of the safest MAO-B inhibitors out there. Also read up on how monoamine oxidase inhibitors work.

My neurologist wife laughed her ass off about that, good stuff.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2013, 18:29 dj LiTh

For dog and cats age your arent suppose to multiply the first year, so Hundson is 85 (7*12+1), Happy bday Hudson  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2013, 18:27 Sugarman

In large doses the most you'll actually see are side effects and interactions with tyramine "in lots of aged cheeses" which will give you a killer headache. Low dosages started early will make it so you'll never need a higher dose and your dog/human will retain their mental capacity right up until other parts of the body decide it's time to go!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2013, 18:12 Cutter

That sounds like quite a dangerous drug actually.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2013, 17:16 Sugarman

When they start to get old you can give them very low doses of seleginline "called anipryl" for dogs. It can be bought online or just get it from your vet.

Do some reading on it, if started earlier it keeps the brain younger and your dog won't experience any of the age related brain deterioration effects that will inevitably come with old age. Works on humans as well, it was actually designed first for human use. It keeps the brain from losing it's ability to produce the normal amounts of dopamine and norepinephrine.

They mostly prescribe it after your dogs mental state starts to decline but I would think the earlier you start it the more benefit you'd see in the long run.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2013, 15:34 xXBatmanXx

Moog wrote on Aug 31, 2013, 14:50:
My ladradors send birthday licks Hudson's way

x3 more labs....

I hope to get that many years from my pups.

If you are going to play GT5, please join our group!
socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/bluesnews

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2013, 15:14 Cutter

Happy birthday Huddy! Hope you and the Gunnar-man get some nice treats today!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2013, 15:14 MEAHT

Been following for a long time Blue, almost as long as HTWD has been alive

Still remember the times when you tried to make him a nice steak for his past bdays

Happy Birthday Hudson!

MEAHT

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2013, 14:50 nin

Aw, sweet writeup for Hudson, Blue!

Happy Birthday, Hudson! Give that mailman hell!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2013, 14:50 Moog

My ladradors send birthday licks Hudson's way  

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo