Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steamships Ahoy - America's Army: Proving Grounds

Uncle Sam announces the open beta of America's Army: Proving Grounds is now available on Steam, allowing interested players to sample the latest version of this military shooter designed by the U.S. Army. Registrations for the beta and soldier name reservations are being accepted through this page. Here's the deal:

“We took a back to basics approach that highlights a move, shoot, communicate system within a fun gaming experience that echoes teamwork-based Army training,” said Marsha Berry, Project Manager for America’s Army. “Just like in the Army, America’s Army: Proving Grounds focuses on creating elite, well trained Soldiers that will complete the missions as a fine-tuned team beginning with smaller, focused exercises and advancing up to larger, more complex exercises.”

Bringing the best features of the previous versions to a new America’s Army environment, AA: PG stresses small unit tactical maneuvers and training that reflects the current day Army. America’s Army: Proving Grounds (AA: PG) showcases the Army by emphasizing Army Values, teamwork, training and completing the objectives through gameplay that reflects the Soldier’s Creed.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Steamships Ahoy - America's Army: Proving Grounds Aug 30, 2013, 08:09 RollinThundr

jdreyer wrote on Aug 30, 2013, 03:35:
America's Army: The ORIGINAL free-to-play.

Yep and I don't care what anyone says, the game was awesome and was something I played for years with an excellent group of tactics minded players. Looking forward to giving this a go this weekend.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Steamships Ahoy - America's Army: Proving Grounds Aug 30, 2013, 03:35 jdreyer

America's Army: The ORIGINAL free-to-play.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

13. Re: Steamships Ahoy - America's Army: Proving Grounds Aug 30, 2013, 01:51 Blackhawk

Cutter wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 22:02:
Long way from these old Army commercials.

That was '81? Holy crap, now I really feel old.

The power of advertising is amazing. I can't remember what my house looked like in '81, but I remembered every line in the song and every line of dialog in that commercial before they said it.

12. Re: Steamships Ahoy - America's Army: Proving Grounds Aug 30, 2013, 01:50 Scottish Martial Arts

Cutter wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 22:02:

Or this one. Or this.

11. Re: Steamships Ahoy - America's Army: Proving Grounds Aug 30, 2013, 01:40 El Pit

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 22:03:
So if I get good at this, do you think I can get a job with the Army?

Sure, just shoot everything that moves. The whistleblowers that could tell about it will be court martialed, but nothing will happen to you. The Army is not about witness protection, but about offender protection. Is that in the game, too?

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

10. Re: Steamships Ahoy - America's Army: Proving Grounds Aug 30, 2013, 01:11 Cutter

SectorEffector wrote on Aug 30, 2013, 00:25:

Just as much as Surgeon Simulator gets you a job as a surgeon.

As a board certified cardiologist I can tell you the authenticity of Surgeon Simulator from what we do in the operating room is absolutely uncanny!

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - America's Army: Proving Grounds Aug 30, 2013, 00:25 SectorEffector

Just as much as Surgeon Simulator gets you a job as a surgeon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

8. Re: Steamships Ahoy - America's Army: Proving Grounds Aug 30, 2013, 00:23 SectorEffector

SirKnight wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 21:06:
For me, nothing still beats AA 1 and 2. There's just something about the original versions that were great. It just was a shame my net connection during those years was horrible. Now that it's good it seems I can't play the old AA any more.

AA 2.5 assist is your friend. Go download it off sourceforge.

Not nearly enough players but you get good times on the weekends and SF Hospital is still just as epic as it ever was.

I still love AA 2.8 before you had to zip-tie enemies and shoot with the wonky guns and sounds.

And you don't need to do any special forces training.

Whenever I chat games with friends they always bash AA, but I swear its got that visceral feel that the original rainbow six games had.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - America's Army: Proving Grounds Aug 29, 2013, 22:51 jacobvandy

Well, it's kind of meant to stir your interest in the army, but they really don't have any qualifications for enlisting, lol. As long as you pass their physical requirements, you're in AFAIK.

Now, once they perfect the combat robot, they will definitely be looking at your scores in the game to see if you can join the 21st "Fat and Lazy" Remote Control Division.

6. Re: Steamships Ahoy - America's Army: Proving Grounds Aug 29, 2013, 22:33 LittleMe

Yes I believe they use it as a recruiting tool, among other things.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - America's Army: Proving Grounds Aug 29, 2013, 22:03 HorrorScope

4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - America's Army: Proving Grounds Aug 29, 2013, 22:02 Cutter

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - America's Army: Proving Grounds Aug 29, 2013, 21:48 Techie714 ©

I'm still paying for this crap....  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - America's Army: Proving Grounds Aug 29, 2013, 21:23 Omni

Potato approved.  

1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - America's Army: Proving Grounds Aug 29, 2013, 21:06 SirKnight

For me, nothing still beats AA 1 and 2. There's just something about the original versions that were great. It just was a shame my net connection during those years was horrible. Now that it's good it seems I can't play the old AA any more.  

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo